GOAT Seahawks Quarterback

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":fq6al820 said:
Fade":fq6al820 said:
oldhawkfan":fq6al820 said:
Tical21":fq6al820 said:
To me, Russ has to make it past the divisional round without the LOB to be considered the goat.

The LOB was in place before Russell Wilson became a Seahawk. What did they do in the playoffs pre-Wilson?

They went 7-9, missed the playoffs w/Beast Mode in his prime, and the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.
This is such disingenuous drivel. Missing the playoffs amid roster turnover and a team made primarily of rookies on defense with a QB with a torn pec is what you're going to hang your hat on? Nice.

Fact is we have turned this team over to Russell Wilson. For seven years now. And since he got paid we have zero to show for it. Just exactly like I said would happen the moment we paid a QB that can't read defenses top dollar. Funny how that works.

Turned the team over to him with no O-Line, the RB room in shambles, only 2 viable weapons to throw to at any given time. And substandard OCs, yet Wilson found a way to perform, inspite of getting the shortend of the stick when you compare other franchise QB situations.

Fun fact: Tom Brady counted more against the salary cap than Wilson during that stretch (2015-2019). Yet the Patriots won 3 more Superbowls. Truth is the league caught up to Pete, and passed him by. Good thing he had Wilson to pull his ass out of the fire and keep having winning seasons.

Shane Waldron is going to open your eyes. And you will finally understand your criticisms have been misguided. It was the system, not the QB.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The absurdity of ANYONE saying that Russ isn't already the GOAT Seattle Seahawks QB is pretty ******* adorable. It doesn't get much more petulant and pathetic than to aggressively contort your mind and belief system to deny such glaring, objective stats. Like, what is your criteria if you truly believe he isn't the best QB we have ever had? Does that criteria work with our other skill positions? Also, while absolutely strange as a mf, it's perfectly fine to hate a guy that plays for the team you root for without dismissing and/or diminishing his body of work, achievements and statistics.

I just don't understand how some of you look at yourself in the mirror every day. I would be super interested in hearing all about how you guys arrived at this point in your life. It's pretty fascinating.

Maulbert

Reaction score
John63":3nv1cmef said:
Maulbert":3nv1cmef said:
Tical21":3nv1cmef said:
Fade":3nv1cmef said:
They went 7-9, missed the playoffs w/Beast Mode in his prime, and the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.
This is such disingenuous drivel. Missing the playoffs amid roster turnover and a team made primarily of rookies on defense with a QB with a torn pec is what you're going to hang your hat on? Nice.

Fact is we have turned this team over to Russell Wilson. For seven years now. And since he got paid we have zero to show for it. Just exactly like I said would happen the moment we paid a QB that can't read defenses top dollar. Funny how that works.

This is a $h!t take, and you know it. No team is a one man show. Hasslebeck didn't get us to Super Bowl XL by himself.

zero to show for it, ahh we have the longest streak of playoff appearances in franchise history. Also 7 years its been his team that means we turned it over to him in 2013 really are you just trying to be silly. Now you mentioned paid

7 years ago Wilson was still on his rookie contract His first extension was 2015 which is 6 years ago.

As to funny how that works whats funny is you really think anything you say right, cant read defenses, and yet he is considered really good at it my actual experts. Nothing to show for it yet and greatest period of playoff appearance sin team history.

I know you hate the guy and want to pile on him but at least try to come up with something real not this disingenuous drivel, not that I will hold my breath

Why did you reply this to me?

John63

Reaction score
Maulbert":3py0xn9n said:
John63":3py0xn9n said:
Maulbert":3py0xn9n said:
Tical21":3py0xn9n said:

This is a $h!t take, and you know it. No team is a one man show. Hasslebeck didn't get us to Super Bowl XL by himself.

zero to show for it, ahh we have the longest streak of playoff appearances in franchise history. Also 7 years its been his team that means we turned it over to him in 2013 really are you just trying to be silly. Now you mentioned paid

7 years ago Wilson was still on his rookie contract His first extension was 2015 which is 6 years ago.

As to funny how that works whats funny is you really think anything you say right, cant read defenses, and yet he is considered really good at it my actual experts. Nothing to show for it yet and greatest period of playoff appearance sin team history.

I know you hate the guy and want to pile on him but at least try to come up with something real not this disingenuous drivel, not that I will hold my breath

Why did you reply this to me?
Yeah sorry about that I will fix it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Fade":37nwd7jm said:
Tical21":37nwd7jm said:
Fade":37nwd7jm said:
oldhawkfan":37nwd7jm said:
The LOB was in place before Russell Wilson became a Seahawk. What did they do in the playoffs pre-Wilson?

Turned the team over to him with no O-Line, the RB room in shambles, only 2 viable weapons to throw to at any given time. And substandard OCs, yet Wilson found a way to perform, inspite of getting the shortend of the stick when you compare other franchise QB situations.

Fun fact: Tom Brady counted more against the salary cap than Wilson during that stretch (2015-2019). Yet the Patriots won 3 more Superbowls. Truth is the league caught up to Pete, and passed him by. Good thing he had Wilson to pull his ass out of the fire and keep having winning seasons.

Shane Waldron is going to open your eyes. And you will finally understand your criticisms have been misguided. It was the system, not the QB.
Well if your opinion holds true (Waldron), and it very well may…….

My fears of who will replace Pete will come to rest, I could easily see him stepping up to the HC position when Pete calls it quits or is asked to move along.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Russ is already the Seahawks greatest QB.

The more interesting question is, will he ever be a league MVP? And whether or not it is with the Seahawks, what will his next contract look like?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I actually love this thread. It genuinely proves where some of the anti-Russ hate is rooted in. It's completely unreasonable and illogical, and not at all rooted in facts. It is absolutely hilarious that Russ isn't automatically the answer for everyone and proves that he has to work twice as hard...jump through a million hoops just to get the same level of respect.

If Hasselbeck or Zorn had Russ' resume, they would be Gods. No one would be nitpicking them the way they have nitpicked Russ.

Maulbert":18qnepbp said:
Anyone actually debating that Russ isn't the best QB in team history is either an idiot or a racist. Sometimes both. Wilson is #1 in every stat category except fumbles, picks, and losses. He's the best. Period.

It would literally be like someone claiming that Donovan McNabb is better than Tom Brady. I would assume that person either has a political bias or hates Tom Brady so much their opinion is just unreasonable. Some opinions are just that asinine. Like debating whether the sky is blue.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that there's a thread in the shack related to this topic, too.

Maulbert

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1bnqzvr7 said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that there's a thread in the shack related to this topic, too.

No, there isn't. You were bashing Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck was a good QB. Just because Wilson is fundamentally better doesn't make Hass bad. You lack nuance.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":156booka said:
fenderbender123":156booka said:

No, there isn't. You were bashing Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck was a good QB. Just because Wilson is fundamentally better doesn't make Hass bad. You lack nuance.

Hass and Wilson were asked to do different things for their teams, what Hass did Wilson struggles with, slant, quick outs,ball possession passing game.

Hass on the other hand could not do what Wilson does well, place the ball on the outer sideline shoulder and the drop in deep ball or just the very deep ball.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":22mfq2n0 said:
Maulbert":22mfq2n0 said:
fenderbender123":22mfq2n0 said:

Hass and Wilson were asked to do different things for their teams, what Hass did Wilson struggles with, slant, quick outs,ball possession passing game.

Hass on the other hand could not do what Wilson does well, place the ball on the outer sideline shoulder and the drop in deep ball or just the very deep ball.

Hmm so the Wilson struggles with just your opinion because he has never shown any problem throwing them at all. and in fact he has been good at it. Now that said I think he could be better at it, but its not like going from bad to good. More like going from good to great that said Hass is not the example I would use for that kind of pass at all.

balakoth

Reaction score
chris98251":1uylj648 said:
John63":1uylj648 said:
chris98251":1uylj648 said:
Maulbert":1uylj648 said:

Hmm so the Wilson struggles with just your opinion because he has never shown any problem throwing them at all. and in fact he has been good at it. Now that said I think he could be better at it, but its not like going from bad to good. More like going from good to great that said Hass is not the example I would use for that kind of pass at all.

You can't be this much of a idiot not to see and know that Wilson does not throw over the middle hit the crossing patterns across the middle in multi levels.

Hass on the other hand lived by doing that and using the run which opened them up, you know that offense called the WCO, the 49ers used it under Walsh oh by the way Holmgren was his QB coach, go figure.

Now go dry hump that carboard cut out of Wilson some more because you will not and do not have anything objective to say concerning Wilson just knob slobbering.

I have learned from hundreds of your posts you don't know what you are talking about either.

Stick to PFF and watching Canadian football.

Like I've said before.. just because you have nothing better to do and literally post thousands of posts of drivel, does not make your opinion any more valid than it never was

balakoth

Reaction score
balakoth":374qkzsg said:
chris98251":374qkzsg said:
John63":374qkzsg said:
chris98251":374qkzsg said:

You can't be this much of a idiot not to see and know that Wilson does not throw over the middle hit the crossing patterns across the middle in multi levels.

Hass on the other hand lived by doing that and using the run which opened them up, you know that offense called the WCO, the 49ers used it under Walsh oh by the way Holmgren was his QB coach, go figure.

Now go dry hump that carboard cut out of Wilson some more because you will not and do not have anything objective to say concerning Wilson just knob slobbering.

I have learned from hundreds of your posts you don't know what you are talking about either.

Like I've said before.. just because you have nothing better to do and literally post thousands of posts of drivel, does not make your opinion any more valid than it never was

Also imagine thinking RW throwing over the middle has NOTHING TO DO WITH PLAY CALLING

Go to bed, you are drunk.. like normal

chris98251

Reaction score
balakoth":3n6ebygi said:
balakoth":3n6ebygi said:
chris98251":3n6ebygi said:
John63":3n6ebygi said:

Also imagine thinking RW throwing over the middle has NOTHING TO DO WITH PLAY CALLING

Go to bed, you are drunk.. like normal

Do you think I give two shits about your constant dissenting opinions, you offer ABSOLUTLY NOTHING PERIOD other they bitching about others and how they post, so you may as well go find another target, I don't care WTF you think about how I post. Oh and since you seem to know all about me, what I do, when I do it etc you must be a stalker of some sort, I didn't know I had the effect on you.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1ctypg0j said:
John63":1ctypg0j said:
chris98251":1ctypg0j said:
Maulbert":1ctypg0j said:

You can't be that much of blind fool to forget all the times he has. As to the rest of ur post thanks for proving my point and admitting ur wrong

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":gxc3jt4b said:
John63":gxc3jt4b said:
chris98251":gxc3jt4b said:
Maulbert":gxc3jt4b said:

You can't be that much of blind fool to forget all the times he has. As to the rest of ur post thanks for proving my point and admitting ur wrong

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1gucfgeo said:
chris98251":1gucfgeo said:
John63":1gucfgeo said:
chris98251":1gucfgeo said:

Put the eyes back in your skull, I said struggles, I didn't say never. Jesus did you get past 3rd grade, he struggles be it his height, the scheme, the instruction, when he has had success it is because it is a rare play that catches the defense off guard because, wait of it, it's coming, it's around the corner, it's right in your face.... He and the offense do it rarely. Why you might ask oh well because Pete and Russell are afraid of turn overs as well because of get this, tipped balls !

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RW's forte was to use legs and throw an awesome deep ball..I can't remember
quick outs or slants..I sure don't remember very many passes down the middle.
Any variation of the passes that he doesn't do much of have resulted in pick 6's.
Why after 10 yrs he never fixed the weak areas of his game is a head scratcher.
GOAT?A tie at best with #17 and Hass.I say this in regards to the many rule
changes and the baby carrying of QB's today that make the game easy for good
QB's.Hass or Mudbone win those two SB's with that defense and running game.

Frank12

Reaction score
Wilson is hands down the greatest QB that ever played for the Seattle Seahawks, There is no debate, discussion, voting, etc. You would have to be blind to what he has done throughout his career to not say he's the best

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3jywia8t said:
RW's forte was to use legs and throw an awesome deep ball..I can't remember
quick outs or slants..I sure don't remember very many passes down the middle.
Any variation of the passes that he doesn't do much of have resulted in pick 6's.
Why after 10 yrs he never fixed the weak areas of his game is a head scratcher.
GOAT?A tie at best with #17 and Hass.I say this in regards to the many rule
changes and the baby carrying of QB's today that make the game easy for good
QB's.Hass or Mudbone win those two SB's with that defense and running game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4HCpwENDnY

This was last year sure see alot in the middle quick in, and that is not even all his passes and only one game. I think the issue is people are so enamored with his long ball they forget the rest

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=892355384843172

these are just the ones to Dk very first one over the middle, end over middle, I mean there are a boat load, Also a lot of lond
Now LOckett
[url}https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzGO4GENl8[/url]

IN fact if you go back and look at the early games of this past year he threw a lot of slants to DK

Latest posts