Goff to start ?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
dogorama":3qbjnnq3 said:
LeftHandSmoke":3qbjnnq3 said:
^ Right, also fits time-wise with the beginning this LA Rams era.

Maybe after what K saw on Monday night that decision was easier to make. Can't hurt also for generating early interestand getting the market tuned in.

Absolutely, because it's a lot easier to stomach bad play when you know you are in rebuild mode rather than "we just have a shitty team."
Agree.

Venue Reset? Check

Expectations Reset? Check

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3h0ac0rc said:
hawksfansinceday1":3h0ac0rc said:
Laloosh":3h0ac0rc said:
When is Fisher's contract up?
End of this year.

Sounds like he is getting an extension.
Supposedly there have been talks yes. However, after that pile of crap Monday night they may have well ended. Just speculation on my part.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3hai7dxd said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/14/12915060/keyshawn-johnson-la-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-forced-to-draft-jared-goff

Seems Goff wasn't Fischer's choice to draft but rather Carson Wentz. So needless to say, he may have some hurt pride here.

Michael Silver says this is false, that Fisher wanted to draft Goff. The guy in this article has nothing to back this up.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":h40n3a5q said:
After the game the Rams team doctor will say..."turn your head and Goff".
"If I do then.. do you promise to unstrap me?"

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3bpnn8qf said:
tired of losing to this asshole

M.M.
Yes, it has gotten old..

Do I remember a game the Rams won, on a trick play where the FG kicker threw a TD?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RedAlice":lf0ux8ja said:
Bobblehead":lf0ux8ja said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/14/12915060/keyshawn-johnson-la-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-forced-to-draft-jared-goff

Seems Goff wasn't Fischer's choice to draft but rather Carson Wentz. So needless to say, he may have some hurt pride here.

Michael Silver says this is false, that Fisher wanted to draft Goff. The guy in this article has nothing to back this up.

YOu maybe right, but it makes sense.

WHo's Michael Silver, does he have more inside information than Johnson?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3tdrq1qe said:
RedAlice":3tdrq1qe said:
Bobblehead":3tdrq1qe said:

YOu maybe right, but it makes sense.

WHo's Michael Silver, does he have more inside information than Johnson?

Michael Silver is the biggest Cal Bears shill in the media. He is probably fit to be tied over the fact that a Cal Alum like Goff has been getting bad press. Take anything he says on this topic with a grain of salt.

A

Anonymous

I can't get that damn fake field goal sneak-on-from-the-sidelines play out of my brain.

That sucked to a new and painful level of suckage.

kmeleon

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2kqpxlzu said:
I can't get that damn fake field goal sneak-on-from-the-sidelines play out of my brain.

Oh don't forget the misdirection punt returned for a TD on us! That one still sits in my brain every GD time we play them :pukeface:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
kmeleon":3j1ek777 said:
HoustonHawk82":3j1ek777 said:

Oh don't forget the misdirection punt returned for a TD on us! That one still sits in my brain every GD time we play them :pukeface:
Used to have nightmares of Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt and Isaac Bruce. So it could be worse. ;)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
dogorama":r5gfhluk said:
Of course, ideally, you want to bring your rookie QB along slowly but given the Ram's current state of affairs you need to make a decision: are we a viable playoff contender or are we strictly in rebuild mode? I think we all know the answer to that. You need to make that decision and quit trying to be both, it doesn't work.

One step closer
--

While Fisher added that he had no plans to change his starting quarterback for Sunday's return to Los Angeles, his decision to activate Goff illustrates that his confidence in the rookie has quickly increased. Another poor performance from Keenum against Seattle's aggressive defense could move Fisher to replace the veteran, and the coach now feels comfortable enough in Goff for the rookie to be the in-game stopgap, if need be.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.co ... a74&sr=amp

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1lsxcinv said:
kmeleon":1lsxcinv said:
HoustonHawk82":1lsxcinv said:

Used to have nightmares of Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt and Isaac Bruce. So it could be worse. ;)

Losing all 3 games to them in the 2004 season sucked. The first loss at home where they came back down 20+ in the 4th quarter, then in St Louis where Bobby engram ran into a referee on a potential game tying touchdown one week after our collapse against the Ravens and their 4th timeout gift. Then to top it all off, a wild card loss at home. All against the amazing Marc Bulger.

The rams have always been a turd that won't flush

ivotuk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2egpiqd9 said:
dogorama":2egpiqd9 said:
Of course, ideally, you want to bring your rookie QB along slowly but given the Ram's current state of affairs you need to make a decision: are we a viable playoff contender or are we strictly in rebuild mode? I think we all know the answer to that. You need to make that decision and quit trying to be both, it doesn't work.

One step closer
--

While Fisher added that he had no plans to change his starting quarterback for Sunday's return to Los Angeles, his decision to activate Goff illustrates that his confidence in the rookie has quickly increased. Another poor performance from Keenum against Seattle's aggressive defense could move Fisher to replace the veteran, and the coach now feels comfortable enough in Goff for the rookie to be the in-game stopgap, if need be.

That's BS, his desperation has increased to the point that he's willing to sacrifice his rookie QB to the Legion of Boom!

Fisher has a history of squeezing the life out of players, of fomenting dirty play, and of self promotion, even though he's never done anything promotion worthy. To look at him, one would think all the problems are the fault of the players and management.

How he still has a job is beyond me.

RedAlice

Reaction score
He's under pressure now. His plan failed in an embarrassing way on National media in his new Los Angeles home and now he is much more of a joke than a coach.

I do believe he thought he could win w Case and his simple old school plans.

I also hope Goff isn't forced to handle the weight of Fisher's failures.