Goff to start ?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RedAlice":1q24rsyv said:
Bobblehead":1q24rsyv said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/9/14/12915060/keyshawn-johnson-la-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-forced-to-draft-jared-goff

Seems Goff wasn't Fischer's choice to draft but rather Carson Wentz. So needless to say, he may have some hurt pride here.

Michael Silver says this is false, that Fisher wanted to draft Goff. The guy in this article has nothing to back this up.

They beat us with Keenum last time, so this is keep us guessing at best.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ivotuk":36zdu0h5 said:
LeftHandSmoke":36zdu0h5 said:
dogorama":36zdu0h5 said:
Of course, ideally, you want to bring your rookie QB along slowly but given the Ram's current state of affairs you need to make a decision: are we a viable playoff contender or are we strictly in rebuild mode? I think we all know the answer to that. You need to make that decision and quit trying to be both, it doesn't work.

One step closer
--

While Fisher added that he had no plans to change his starting quarterback for Sunday's return to Los Angeles, his decision to activate Goff illustrates that his confidence in the rookie has quickly increased. Another poor performance from Keenum against Seattle's aggressive defense could move Fisher to replace the veteran, and the coach now feels comfortable enough in Goff for the rookie to be the in-game stopgap, if need be.

That's BS, his desperation has increased to the point that he's willing to sacrifice his rookie QB to the Legion of Boom!

Fisher has a history of squeezing the life out of players, of fomenting dirty play, and of self promotion, even though he's never done anything promotion worthy. To look at him, one would think all the problems are the fault of the players and management.

How he still has a job is beyond me.

That he hired Fisher says something about Kroenke. That he allowed the hiring of Greg 'Bounty Gate' Williams says something about Kroenke. If he allowed Greg Williams to take over from Fisher, that would not surprise me at all. Seems like all three guys came from a similar slime bucket.