Golden Tate tweet gems

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CHawk":1bkl8zc0 said:
Tate is gone fellas, let it go.
Theres a group that cannot..I like what we have ,they got the job done and kept trying even when it was not going well..We will develop our own # 1 #1a #1b just like we did with Tate..Funny thing is NE don't exactly have this prima dona #1 wideout either..Gronk is a TE and a damn good one ..I want team guys like Pete gets ..Those win Championships
not a Randy Moss or a Calvin Johnson..

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rat":p19hx7l4 said:
Hawk_Nation":p19hx7l4 said:
take a little less money, live in a beautiful city & have a LEGIT chance to win another ring or.......

Go to an armpit of a city for a little more cash..

Im taking door number 1

By all accounts, it wasn't "a little more cash".

He already has a ring and plays a violent sport that will likely truncate his quality of life in his later years. Get paid while you can.

Meh..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":jwftcegj said:
take a little less money, live in a beautiful city & have a LEGIT chance to win another ring or.......

Im taking door number 1
Easy to say from your armchair.

2_0_6

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3pfr55en said:
Hawk_Nation":3pfr55en said:

Im taking door number 1
Easy to say from your armchair.

Like everything else said in a internet forum.. :roll:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I love Tate and have zero animosity towards him. He went after bigger $, nothing wrong with that.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2dlv86h0 said:
I love Tate and have zero animosity towards him. He went after bigger $, nothing wrong with that.

I was in that boat as well. Until he sent that tweet with him sippin' tea. He's obviously has something against seattle, even if it's a little.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I don't doubt that there's a personal rift between Golden and Russell - that much is actually pretty clear - but he has always spoken well of his former wideout buddies, Pete Carroll, and our fans. Is he something of a punk? Yes, but that was the case when he was here too, and nobody was dogging on him then.

gulliver

Reaction score
I heard Tate interviewed last year on (I wanna say) Bob & Groz after he went to the Lions. He complained that Seattle fans loved him until he went to Detroit, but he made the point that Seattle "lowballed" him and Detroit gave him what he thought he was worth. He sounded pretty offended that "we" turned on him for taking what he saw as the only fair offer.

He also had the weird "I guess [RW] is pretty good" comments which clearly sounded like there was some residual beef with Russ.

He was set to play 2nd fiddle to Percy in 2014-15, who punched him in the face prior to the Super Bowl.

He gets to put up monster numbers in Detroit and cement his legacy further.

He had also just won a Super Bowl and, as good as this team was, you have to understand a repeat is unlikely--so it's not like he had "unfinished business" here. His unfinished business was going to Detroit and being a 1300-yard receiver next to Megatron.

All that said, would love to have that guy back. Would feel so much better about the SB with him lining up.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2tpxpi5u said:
I too like Tate and hold no animosity towards him, but he is gone and isn't coming back, so I see no reason to keep wishing we still had him.
It's like wishing you old girlfriend would come back. Those who continue to wish we still had Tate are living in the past, love the one you're with...
Frankly, I'm tires of hearing about him. Please, let's all move on..

ZagHawk

Reaction score
From the sounds of things it was more than "a little" cash Golden was offered to go to Detroit, and even if it was 500k/yr which is little by NFL standards, that's a lot of money for those who still know the value of a dollar. He got his ring, which is a dream of most NFL players. So I don't blame him for wanting more money and ALSO the chance to turn himself into a star rather than just be a part of a system. Don't forget the new system will also allow him to get an even better third contract vs if he stayed here.

Most professional athletes go for the individual awards and big money contracts first, then take a paycut when they are past their prime to try and get on a championship team (and often times it fails). Golden got lucky that he hit the jackpot with his rookie team, now he gets to get the awards and the $. Good for him. Also last I checked Detroit is still a playoff team, and that's all you need to have a chance at another SB.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
"ZagHawk"]From the sounds of things it was more than "a little" cash Golden was offered to go to Detroit, and even if it was 500k/yr which is little by NFL standards, that's a lot of money for those who still know the value of a dollar. He got his ring, which is a dream of most NFL players. So I don't blame him for wanting more money and ALSO the chance to turn himself into a star rather than just be a part of a system. Don't forget the new system will also allow him to get an even better third contract vs if he stayed here.

Most professional athletes go for the individual awards and big money contracts first, then take a paycut when they are past their prime to try and get on a championship team (and often times it fails). Golden got lucky that he hit the jackpot with his rookie team, now he gets to get the awards and the $. Good for him. Also last I checked Detroit is still a playoff team, and that's all you need to have a chance at another SB.

He got 31m for 5 years (6.2 million per year average) from the Lions. He says the final offer from Seattle was about 40% less which if it was a 5 year contract it would be for 18.6m (3.72 million per year average). We all can choose to believe him or not but to his defense the Seahawks have never come out to deny what Tate said was false allegation either. Can people really blame the man for leaving to Detroit to earn just over 12 million more in 5 years?

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3rnqz50e said:
Bobblehead":3rnqz50e said:
Did I miss something, cause it doesn't look like the OP was implying Tate was butt hurt.

yep you did miss something. The OP just edited the subject, It originally was saying how Tate was butthurt. Since no one agreed with him he decided to change what he originally posted to sound more friendly to save face. Pretty pathetic of the OP to edit what he said but that is just my opinion. Should be man enough to not change the whole intent of what your trying to share because your opinion isn't shared with the masses.

No need or name calling. I inaccurately read this tweet amongst many others. once I saw my mistake I changed it.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2ynb7w5e said:

Im taking door number 1

Just like you right?...NOT!

2_0_6

Reaction score
HawkerD":3pk7m6m7 said:
Hawk_Nation":3pk7m6m7 said:

Im taking door number 1

Just like you right?...NOT!

Clever :roll:

themunn

Reaction score
Just got informed that Tate is going to be the special guest at the NFL UK's Superbash (official superbowl party in London).

If he was that butthurt certainly couldn't see him agree to do that for another Seahawks superbowl.