Got that feelin' again

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1sowfoa5 said:
I think this is the kind of "discussion" that is better suited for PM. I am equally surprised at the number of my posts that you reply to given that I am supposedly on ignore, LOL.

I am pretty sure that was the first one.

titan3131

Reaction score
I personally believe that this team has many trends and they stay consistent.

1. Cable does magic with scraps of OLINE.

2. We have yet to home grow a true edge rusher.

3. Our receivers will be under estimated.

4. Russell will use black magic and amaze us all.

5. Our Secondary will be #1.

Personally I dont think OLINE is an emergency. I would consider the LEO position and the receiver much more important than anything else until proven otherwise.

kearly

Reaction score
titan3131":1nlc04i3 said:

Personally I dont think OLINE is an emergency. I would consider the LEO position and the receiver much more important than anything else until proven otherwise.

I'm actually kind of geeked for the passing game if we add a playmaker to the WR group. The few times that Wilson has had a functioning arsenal he has shown the ability to make a 120+ QB rating performance feel routine.

Largent80

Reaction score
For Realz, if we get that "one WR" that can be a true outside guy, the ceiling will be fun if Bevell can actually allow it to happen.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":2axk15gw said:
titan3131":2axk15gw said:

I'm actually kind of geeked for the passing game if we add a playmaker to the WR group. The few times that Wilson has had a functioning arsenal he has shown the ability to make a 120+ QB rating performance feel routine.

How could you not be excited? There is quite a lot to be excited about in the passing game with the addition of Jimmy Graham -- the best WR in the division. I say WR because that is how Carroll has described him: "a big receiver." I believe he will line up more at Split End and in the slot than he will at TE.

Unfortunately, the line still needs to give Wilson time to make those throws. That's where the likely draft additions to the offensive line come in.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015, did you delete the message you sent? All your PMs say "deleted by sender". I am asking a moderator about it. Also, it appears I cannot unignore people with the current interface. Also asking about that.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'll tell us this . I got a feelin that if the Hawks average 28 -30 points a game we are going back to the Super Bowl and winning big . Book it!!!
Marker my words ( for those who know the inside joke)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1rlom0k3 said:
Are you Feelin' Alright? Feelin' Groovy? Do you Feel like we Do? It's clear that it does not Feel like the First Time? Can you Fight this Feeling anymore? At least you've not lost that Lovin feeling? Maybe you Feel like Makin' Love?
This post made me laugh so hard soda came out my nose hahaha frickin great!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawknation2015":hpxx0ve6 said:
I think this is the kind of "discussion" that is better suited for PM. I am equally surprised at the number of my posts that you reply to given that I am supposedly on ignore, LOL.

Again, I suggest we tailor our discussion to the substance of the posts rather than level personal attacks or play juvenile games with one another that diminish the quality of discussion on the board, i.e. "Didn't read." I will continue to respond to the substance of your posts, as I do with everyone else's.

K, two things.

One, you aren't in a position to cite the rules when they favor you. That just looks self-serving. Correcting others' posting is for others to do (like the mods), and they'll do it where appropriate.

Two, your manner is antagonistic. You presume others' motives, and that comes off as pushy to me as well. Your own style is playing a role in this.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2u52p13t said:
hawknation2015":2u52p13t said:

Again, I suggest we tailor our discussion to the substance of the posts rather than level personal attacks or play juvenile games with one another that diminish the quality of discussion on the board, i.e. "Didn't read." I will continue to respond to the substance of your posts, as I do with everyone else's.

K, two things.

One, you aren't in a position to cite the rules when they favor you. That just looks self-serving. Correcting others' posting is for others to do (like the mods), and they'll do it where appropriate.

Two, your manner is antagonistic. You presume others' motives, and that comes off as pushy to me as well. Your own style is playing a role in this.

This is exactly what I didn't want . . . degrading the integrity of a Seahawks football discussion with a personal grudge match that is better reserved for private discussion.

I will absolutely cite to the board's rules when someone personally attacks me, leaving me with no other recourse to respond. Again, I would prefer that this discussion be left to PM or perhaps The Shack (where it belongs) to avoid polluting the board with an OT argument that has no place here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Someone's lost that loving feeling.

(Whoa oh whoa THAT loving feeling)

Largent80

Reaction score
Sometimes we need a post garbage disposal that automatically grinds em up. Maybe now would be a good time to install it?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I actually think the secondary will be BETTER this year. I was never sold on Maxwell even though he played well. Maybe it's that he always seemed passive and I tend to like brash. I like the fight in Cary Williams and Simon and think that there will be an epic competition between those two for playing time. I don't expect Simon to start in the beginning, but by the end of the year he could be like Maxwell in coverage and Browner in attitude.

As far as the O-line goes, the Seahawks only have to replace one starter as far as I see. Unger hasn't been there and the two guys that were there are still there, so I don't foresee any drop off. Carp at guard had his moments as a run blocker, but he also almost got Russell killed on several occasions with his "pass protection". I doubt his replacement will be as good run blocking, but I also doubt he will be as bad at pass protection. With Marshawn running and Russell Wilson passing, this could actually be a significant upgrade for the offense. Get guys in and let them play and learn together and they too could be a better unit this year.

Unlike most people, I don't think the need at wide receiver all that great. They have their tall guy in Matthews. They have their slot guy in Baldwin. They have their possession guys Kearse and Norwood. Speed guys Lockette and Richardson when he returns. There will always be a churning of the roster for the depth after these guys, but the only guy that I think might get cut out of those is Kearse. If there happens to be a stud wide receiver that falls down the draft board I could see them pulling the trigger on him, but other than that, I think they'll avoid this position in the draft this year.

I feel like the wide receiver talk is going to play out like the secondary talk of 2011. The sky was falling back then and the Seahawks weren't going to be able to stop anyone's passing game. I think the secondary turned out to be okay, just as I think the current group of wide receivers in Seattle will be just fine this season. I don't think the Seahawks will have probowl players strewn across their wide receiver corp, but I don't think they will be nearly as bad as "the sky is falling" crowd and I strongly believe they'll be MUCH BETTER this year.

I like the Seahawks chances this year once again.