Grandmother, daughter attacked during Seahawks parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
140214_beating_big.jpg

SEATTLE -- It may be an hour from Seattle, but there is no doubt Margy Conlee's house in Pierce County is also home to the 12th Man: A large Seahawks blanket covers the couch, a big blue balloon is attached to the television, and a Super Bowl championship hat greets visitors as they walk in.

So it was no surprise when Conlee rounded up her daughter, granddaughter, and a neighbor to make the long trek to Seattle for the Seahawks' Super Bowl victory parade last week. It wasn't easy nor quick - they drove to Lakewood, hopped a bus, and walked until they found a spot outside CenturyLink Field, where her 7-year old granddaughter hoped to catch a glimpse of her favorite player, Russell Wilson.

That never happened.

"I heard my daughter say, 'He hit me!' And as I came up (from picking up my cell phone), I still just see this brown fist just coming at me," Conlee said. "That's all I see."

The physical altercation started as a verbal one a few minutes earlier, according to a police report. Conlee's daughter, Alyxa, had asked a group of three people standing next to them to keep their language down.

"(It was) just very vulgar, very disrespectful to everybody," Alyza remembers. "I asked, 'Would you refrain from using such language? Because my daughter's here and I don't appreciate it.'"

"He said he had his own effing 5-year old there and wasn't going to change his language for everybody," added Conlee. "(My daughter) tapped him on the arm, like, 'Can you please stop?' and that's when all the ruckus started."

The two men each punched Alyxa in the face, while a woman pulled her hair. One of the men began punching Margy, who is 67 years old. The whole event, police say, was witnessed by the two girls who were with them, including Alyxa's 7-year old daughter.

"I remember (I was) on the ground. I remember crying. I remember crowds and that's all," said Alyxa. "Now I can't close my eyes without seeing (the attackers)."

Alyxa had bruises and a slight concussion. As someone who has battled glaucoma since she was a child, she worried about long-term impacts to her vision. Her mother was left with a gash across her forehead and two black eyes. The children escaped unscathed.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Poli ... =video&c=y

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Poli ... 27381.html

86Hawk

Reaction score
Wtf is wrong with people. Stories like this infuriate me. I hope they catch these pieces of s##t.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
What would be really cool is if Russel and the Seahawks heard about it and they were able to meet him or some of the Seahawks anyway. Also not sure if your trying to be funny 86 hawk but surely you see the irony in your post.

Chapman

Reaction score
I agree with 86.
People like that are scum and will never contribute anything productive to society.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How can something like this occur with out their being video and film evidence? There were cameras every where? You cant tell me this happened on the parade route and no one saw a thing. People that saw this and took film of the attackers need to come forward.

Sadly the only thing to be learned here is that it is best to avoid these people at all cost. If you find yourself among behavior like this from obviously low class individuals it is best to just leave.

CANHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":7eog6oza said:
How can something like this occur with out their being video and film evidence? There were cameras every where? You cant tell me this happened on the parade route and no one saw a thing. People that saw this and took film of the attackers need to come forward.

Sadly the only thing to be learned here is that it is best to avoid these people at all cost. If you find yourself among behavior like this from obviously low class individuals it is best to just leave.

That's what I tell my wife. Unless you're ready to throw down, best to either suck it up or move on. You just never know what kind of loon you're dealing with. Sadly, we ain't in Mayberry anymore...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Even pure scum are attracted to winning I guess. Disgusting. They deserve their own epic beatdown and jail time. Punks and cowards.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":12eutrng said:
It was probably the homeless 49er kid

Am I a bad person for laughing at that? I feel like one.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Those people would be dead (or damn near close to it) if I had seen that. You don't mess with children, women, or our elders.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2xvrxc7o said:
What would be really cool is if Russel and the Seahawks heard about it and they were able to meet him or some of the Seahawks anyway. Also not sure if your trying to be funny 86 hawk but surely you see the irony in your post.
So what you are saying is me getting mad at people for attacking an elderly woman, daughter and children is equivalent to the actual attackers. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wonder why it took so long for this to get out? If this really happened the criminals that did it need to be prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law.
No need for crap like this to go down. :x

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2abcfajp said:
Hawk Strap":2abcfajp said:
It was probably the homeless 49er kid

Am I a bad person for laughing at that? I feel like one.

fwiw, I laughed too.

about the attack... beating up on elderly women and little children... does it get any lower than that? Those guys must feel pretty badass.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I can't understand how this happened around tens of thousands of people and nobody did anything about it. Seriously, I was there, if I saw anything like that going on, I would have tried to stop it and I know lots of others would as well. It doesn't make much sense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3hdhx766 said:
Those people would be dead (or damn near close to it) if I had seen that. You don't mess with children, women, or our elders.

Seriously. I find it hard to believe that no one would help them. If there was two guys punching two women accompanied by children, one of which was elderly, you bet your ass I'm jumping in to do some thunderstomping.

They're surrounded by people. It's almost as sad that no one helped them, as it is that this happened at all.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If true it's sickening to think that people out there would beat up women for asking them to stop swearing, but I agree that it's not wise to mess with these types of people. The article says her daughter "tapped" a guy on the arm...it could have been more forceful than that, but even a tap can make people feel like their personal space is being invaded and see it as an invitation to escalate.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This kind of reminds me of the story about the girl in Vancouver, WA who claimed that a black lady threw acid on her face, only to reveal a week or so later, that she'd done it herself (for the press, even though she has to live with a scarred face which was really, really stupid.)

If it's true, I hope they catch those creeps, but 30 and 40 y/o black male who reek of marijuana sets of the part of my brain that thinks something's wrong. Maybe if they smelled like alcohol, which helps unleash such behavior, but not pot where the guys would've probably rather have eaten junk food. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.