Grandmother, daughter attacked during Seahawks parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":239fknfv said:
This kind of reminds me of the story about the girl in Vancouver, WA who claimed that a black lady threw acid on her face, only to reveal a week or so later, that she'd done it herself (for the press, even though she has to live with a scarred face which was really, really stupid.)

If it's true, I hope they catch those creeps, but 30 and 40 y/o black male who reek of marijuana sets of the part of my brain that thinks something's wrong. Maybe if they smelled like alcohol, which helps unleash such behavior, but not pot where the guys would've probably rather have eaten junk food. I dunno.

Totally. Add in the whole glaucoma element for extra points (financial gain?)....Don't get me wrong this situation is messed up. That said, I truly feel there's more to this story.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting a tiny bit of an AlaskaSaints vibe my own self. Something happened, obviously -- eyes don't shine themselves. But the story, just like our Saints fan friend's tale, doesn't totally add up for me. Gawd, I feel bad for doubting something like this, but I do.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":15p36gkk said:
This kind of reminds me of the story about the girl in Vancouver, WA who claimed that a black lady threw acid on her face, only to reveal a week or so later, that she'd done it herself (for the press, even though she has to live with a scarred face which was really, really stupid.)

If it's true, I hope they catch those creeps, but 30 and 40 y/o black male who reek of marijuana sets of the part of my brain that thinks something's wrong. Maybe if they smelled like alcohol, which helps unleash such behavior, but not pot where the guys would've probably rather have eaten junk food. I dunno.

If not for the insensitivity you direct towards these women, your post would be hilarious. Do you seriously believe people never hit people while high on pot?

It's a buzz, dude... not a lobotomy.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I tend to agree with Sarlacc here; you are only getting one side of the story. While it does seem awful if true, it could easily be embellished quite a bit and comes across that way to me. It's not that people on pot cannot be violent, but that drug use is exactly the sort of detail you would throw into a story like this if you were polishing up your side of it. Granted there are always a few crazy people out there, but this is portrayed as starting with a verbal altercation lasting several minutes, and then the lady supposedly got hit completely out of the blue, with no involvement from the rest of the packed crowd.

To be even more cynical, I do not think is Seahawks news. Seattle averages around six assaults every single day, and this was a much more hectic day than usual with 400,000 extra people packing the downtown area. Statistically it would be shocking if there were no assaults that day between people wearing Seahawks gear, and there were probably another dozen or so that have just not been reported on in the same manner.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So you guys think because the smell of pot was reported that the lady must be lying? The mention of "pot" is the only thing here that gives you pause? You people are seriously screwed up people. The kind of people that look the other way when this stuff happens so your not inconvenienced. I'm all for legalization but that fact doesn't prevent me from believing this lady's story. Until some one shows me proof that she did this to herself and her grand daughter I'm going to believe her version of the events over you drug "experts".

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Show me proof this happened and I'll be upset.

I just don't buy that someone beat down a group of women while everyone else ignored it. I don't know a single person in my life that would let that happen, and I don't know how it could happen with no video evidence at an event where s million people are waving around cell cameras.

Not saying they are lying. Just saying I want proof before I get incensed.

speaking of which. What ever became of the woman who was a saints fan who was pummelled in the bathroom line while everyone watched and did nothing?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3gy9h6ro said:

I just don't buy that someone beat down a group of women while everyone else ignored it. I don't know a single person in my life that would let that happen, and I don't know how it could happen with no video evidence at an event where s million people are waving around cell cameras.

speaking of which. What ever became of the woman who was a saints fan who was pummelled in the bathroom line while everyone watched and did nothing?

That woman you refering to (saints fan) was pure fiction. No police report was ever filed.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mhrlllb said:
Hawknballs":2mhrlllb said:

That woman you refering to (saints fan) was pure fiction. No police report was ever filed.

No report was filed because the person was compensated outside of the "system". I have a very good feeling that this individual and her husband had a couple of VERY enviable seats at the Seahawks/Saints playoff tilt.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":28rcuqn8 said:
Sports Hernia":28rcuqn8 said:
Hawknballs":28rcuqn8 said:

No report was filed because the person was compensated outside of the "system". I have a very good feeling that this individual and her husband had a couple of VERY enviable seats at the Seahawks/Saints playoff tilt.
AsylumGuido":28rcuqn8 said:
Sports Hernia":28rcuqn8 said:
Hawknballs":28rcuqn8 said:

you are way too nice Guido. Alaska saint is a compulsive liar and not a very good one at that.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1r3df0w8 said:
AsylumGuido":1r3df0w8 said:
Sports Hernia":1r3df0w8 said:
Hawknballs":1r3df0w8 said:

AsylumGuido":1r3df0w8 said:
Sports Hernia":1r3df0w8 said:
Hawknballs":1r3df0w8 said:

you are way too nice Guido. Alaska saint is a compulsive liar and not a very good one at that.

Do you know him personally and can verify that declaration of fact? I have known him for a time well before this incident and have never seen any indication of lies. This is today's online culture. It is that of lemmings being led over a cliff. Do you wish to remain a lemming or think for yourself?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":34a6863g said:
Sports Hernia":34a6863g said:
Hawknballs":34a6863g said:

With all do respect Guido as you are my favorite non-hawks poster here, I strongly disagree. There is no proof of that incident happening. No police report, nothing from the Seahawks, no video, nothing other than hearsay. If you knew the Seahawks org, you'd know they take stuff like this very seriously to the point of going overboard in some cases.

You've been snookered by Alaskasaintsfan, which isn't a slam on you as you seem like a great guy who tries to see the good in everyone.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35dywe4e said:
With all do respect Guido as you are my favorite non-hawks poster here, I strongly disagree. There is no proof of that incident happening. No police report, nothing from the Seahawks, no video, nothing other than hearsay. If you knew the Seahawks org, you'd know they take stuff like this very seriously to the point of going overboard in some cases.

You've been snookered by Alaskasaintsfan, which isn't a slam on you as you seem like a great guy who tries to see the good in everyone.

There is also no proof that it didn't happen. The incident itself was fairly minor, but completely believable. I can tell you that from knowing far more about the person involved that there was something done by someone to alleviate the situation. While I do not know the details, it is my suspicion, as well as others I have talked with, based upon certain information, that the Seahawks organization more than likely got out in front of this and supplied the individual with ample compensation.

And I am not here to snooker you. As I mentioned earlier, don't be a lemming.

Jville

Reaction score
I realize this thread has taken a detour. However there are some interesting quotes from the original link in the original post.

"(It was) just very vulgar, very disrespectful to everybody," Alyza remembers. "I asked, 'Would you refrain from using such language? Because my daughter's here and I don't appreciate it.'"
Vulgarity is a very strong and reliable indicator that the subject likely lacks control over their actions in addition to vocabulary.
"He said he had his own effing 5-year old there and wasn't going to change his language for everybody," added Conlee. "(My daughter) tapped him on the arm, like, 'Can you please stop?' and that's when all the ruckus started."
Invading the personal space of someone who has confirmed that they are not in command of their actions and could care less about those around them is a mistake.
Both men are described as African American; one, in his 30s or 40s, with an average build and a strong smell of marijuana. Their female companion is described as Asian or Pacific Islander, about 5'4", and 120 pounds.
Recreational drug use is a big warning sign that shouldn't be ignored.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawkWow":39v40jzf said:
Sarlacc83":39v40jzf said:

If not for the insensitivity you direct towards these women, your post would be hilarious. Do you seriously believe people never hit people while high on pot?

One would think that you've never been around potheads. I remember, very distinctly, the glazed over look of fellow high schoolers who'd toked up before class, and more importantly, my brother, who had severe anger issues and used it to relax/self medicate. Marijuana can cause paranoia and restlessness, but this story give zero indication that that's the case. So you can stow the sarcasm, because it's pretty clear you're substituting my real comment for a strawman argument to prop up your own indignant righteous. Notice, I didn't say never. As AgentDib pointed out, this would be a key stereotype that someone would say about a black assailant. Logic. Use it.

As for my sensitivity, I did come to the conclusion that if there's a culprit, it's most likely someone they knew. Probably a domestic issue - "I fell down the stairs" = "Big black men who reeked of pot". I would check the family first, if I headed the investigation.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Yeah so lets recap.

An old lady in a wheel chair gets pushed down the stairs at the clink with no witness's, video or police record.

A lady assisting her friend with terminal cancer, who was aloud to go to the game because if her illness and the husband's decision to not go because he was worried he would get violent due to past events when he had attended yet apparently feels its safe for his wife and her dying friend, gets beaten in a bathroom line again with no witness's, video or police report and according to Guido only hidden because the FO acted fast and suppressed the info by bribing the victim. But apparently not fast enough to prevent said husband from going on a several day rant about the mythical event.

Now a lady and her grand daughter get violently beaten by black men high on maryjane at a parade with thousands of witness's yet no one is willing to even make a statement? I could see someone being afraid of jumping in maybe but after the fact when the police arrived not a single person felt they should be a witness? It's been my experience that people in Seattle get involved. I think it is nearly impossible for these events to have gone down the way they are being portrayed.

Sorry call me an ass if you want but every one of these stories are easily made up and have absolutely no substance to them.

I was shot and stabbed by Mormon priests at a black Sabbath concert in front of thousands but I decided to just go home and rest. Really it happened.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
RichNhansom":22wsp4a3 said:
Yeah so lets recap.

An old lady in a wheel chair gets pushed down the stairs at the clink with no witness's, video or police record.

A lady assisting her friend with terminal cancer, who was aloud to go to the game because if her illness and the husband's decision to not go because he was worried he would get violent due to past events when he had attended yet apparently feels its safe for his wife and her dying friend, gets beaten in a bathroom line again with no witness's, video or police report and according to Guido only hidden because the FO acted fast and suppressed the info by bribing the victim. But apparently not fast enough to prevent said husband from going on a several day rant about the mythical event.

Now a lady and her grand daughter get violently beaten by black men high on maryjane at a parade with thousands of witness's yet no one is willing to even make a statement? I could see someone being afraid of jumping in maybe but after the fact when the police arrived not a single person felt they should be a witness? It's been my experience that people in Seattle get involved. I think it is nearly impossible for these events to have gone down the way they are being portrayed.

Sorry call me an ass if you want but every one of these stories are easily made up and have absolutely no substance to them.

I was shot and stabbed by Mormon priests at a black Sabbath concert in front of thousands but I decided to just go home and rest. Really it happened.

You are such an ass!

Really I agree, but you also said it was cool to call you an ass and that's a hobby of mine.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":319okeo6 said:
HawkWow":319okeo6 said:
Sarlacc83":319okeo6 said:

One would think that you've never been around potheads. I remember, very distinctly, the glazed over look of fellow high schoolers who'd toked up before class, and more importantly, my brother, who had severe anger issues and used it to relax/self medicate. Marijuana can cause paranoia and restlessness, but this story give zero indication that that's the case. So you can stow the sarcasm, because it's pretty clear you're substituting my real comment for a strawman argument to prop up your own indignant righteous. Notice, I didn't say never. As AgentDib pointed out, this would be a key stereotype that someone would say about a black assailant. Logic. Use it.

As for my sensitivity, I did come to the conclusion that if there's a culprit, it's most likely someone they knew. Probably a domestic issue - "I fell down the stairs" = "Big black men who reeked of pot". I would check the family first, if I headed the investigation.

Not to mention, 700k+ people at one of the city's biggest events in decades (if not the biggest) in a state that has legalized marijuana. How in the hell do you determine who reeks of pot in that scenario?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1q5bjtxt said:

Yeah, I just can't see that either, not around here, maybe in some cities (I'll leave it to you own imagination)
So maybe it did happen. And maybe a story like this gets the media a huge personal insterest story garnering much attention, and maybe people will make this kind of thing in order to collect money.

But I also find it strange that there are no other witness willing to come forward, no pics/video. The lond delay in reporting. It just doesn't add up!

It's sad no matter which scenerio is fact.

The Radish

Reaction score
Ok gang, this string has gotten out of hand as two sides are getting further apart rather than trying to find common ground.

:les:

Status
Not open for further replies.