Great Lynch article..

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I saw a Twitter comment the other day saying that Lynch is entirely unprofessional.

We all know that the only relevant meaning of professionalism is being best at your job. At the end of the day, tact and demeanor will only get you so far.

There was a sergeant in my shop during my Air Force years who was an absolute slob. Lazy uniform, irreverent manner, never showed up to mandatory formations or meetings, wasn't even on time some days. I heard he even allowed beer in the fridge of the avionics room. Terrible example of the little stuff to the airmen. Nobody cared. Not a single NCO or officer anywhere on Luke AFB (where regs-obsessed NCO's go to retire, I might add) cared a whit, at least not once they knew him. Why? Because he knew every system, LRU, relay, wire, quirk, technical order, testing procedure, and piece of ancillary equipment of the F-16 (multiple blocks) by memory, not to mention the maintenance histories of 30 jets, and everyone knew he was more responsible for our 8-hour fix rate than any other individual in the unit. The man could lay hands on a jet and heal it.

Then he retired. Within four years the unit was running 12-hour shifts just to keep the jets in the air. Lost four of its jets to accident in one 15-month period. So much for "clean floors win wars", MSgt Otero, you mumbling dimwit.

Don't be like my old shop, Seahawks.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Definitely one of a kind.

Going to be a long time until we see another player as talented, interesting, lovable, and fun to watch as Marshawn Lynch come to this team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":qgh4ve96 said:
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/09/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-nfl/
Thanks, this is the real side of Marshawn that I can appreciate.
People will always fill in the voids Marshawn leaves with his silence, with their own interpretations of what THEY think is rolling around in his mind.
A lot of the times, they misinform their readers, because they get pissed with his stonewalling.
Should he talk to some of these guys?, maybe so, but he's probably clamming up because he maybe suspects that whatever he says, will just get twisted around.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Add my voice to the chorus: Great read; thanks for the link. If that Eskine dude in Philly wants to read actual, honest-to-god sports writing, he's got a place to find it.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Haven't read the article yet, but I'm gonna. Just had to chime in because I've said it before but I'll say it again: Marshawn Lynch is my favorite football player to watch ever. If I could only watch one ball carrier's highlights the rest of my life it would be Beast Mode's.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27oflo23 said:
I saw a Twitter comment the other day saying that Lynch is entirely unprofessional.

We all know that the only relevant meaning of professionalism is being best at your job. At the end of the day, tact and demeanor will only get you so far.

There was a sergeant in my shop during my Air Force years who was an absolute slob. Lazy uniform, irreverent manner, never showed up to mandatory formations or meetings, wasn't even on time some days. I heard he even allowed beer in the fridge of the avionics room. Terrible example of the little stuff to the airmen. Nobody cared. Not a single NCO or officer anywhere on Luke AFB (where regs-obsessed NCO's go to retire, I might add) cared a whit, at least not once they knew him. Why? Because he knew every system, LRU, relay, wire, quirk, technical order, testing procedure, and piece of ancillary equipment of the F-16 (multiple blocks) by memory, not to mention the maintenance histories of 30 jets, and everyone knew he was more responsible for our 8-hour fix rate than any other individual in the unit. The man could lay hands on a jet and heal it.

Then he retired. Within four years the unit was running 12-hour shifts just to keep the jets in the air. Lost four of its jets to accident in one 15-month period. So much for "clean floors win wars", MSgt Otero, you mumbling dimwit.

Great post, Sweetie.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
pehawk":gs0bkiia said:
MontanaHawk05":gs0bkiia said:

Great post, Sweetie.

+1. Great post!

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Great piece and I think that many of us already knew most of this but it was great to get it out to those who have been fed the BS.

There are very few back in history that watching them make a one yard run can be as enjoyable as 10 yard scamper. I never get tired of seeing the Beast get hit and start churning then the boys show up and the pile start moving 3 to 4 yards and Lynch never goes down.

Latest posts