Green Uniforms

two dog

Reaction score
They're just practice jerseys. I do like them better than the 2011 game
jerseys though. Seems to my eye to be a little softer green but maybe
it's the nicer lettering that gives that effect.

I believe their uniform color change window is closed for awhile so
there's nothing to get excited about.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":1ncwek74 said:
prolly see them on sale at the pro shop very soon.
In which case, I will be buying one.
Wouldn't like to see our guys wearing them in any of our games, but I've always liked the Electric Green for casual wear.
Just some info for some of you, some 62 Years ago when I was a lad, and living in South Seattle the Taxi's around the city used to sport that green, they were highly visible in the evenings, and easy to spot for hailing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1e6cmsdq said:
Barthawk":1e6cmsdq said:
prolly see them on sale at the pro shop very soon.
In which case, I will be buying one.
Wouldn't like to see our guys wearing them in any of our games, but I've always liked the Electric Green for casual wear.
Just some info for some of you, some 62 Years ago when I was a lad, and living in South Seattle the Taxi's around the city used to sport that green, they were highly visible in the evenings, and easy to spot for hailing.
Everyone loves my Green Jersey I'm guessing it's because of my red hair. ;)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BlueTalon":31gow5le said:
jdemps":31gow5le said:
Probably cooler than the dark blues.
I think this is it.
Doh! Green replaces white, not blue.

_dsc7536.jpg

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the greens were just some 2015-get-hyped fan service, but they actually look decent. Could use just a touch more blue, maybe a thin stripe around the arm cuffs or neck line.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't know why, but Waste Management comes to mind.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I actually really like those. I think I'd actually buy one if they're available

chris98251

Reaction score
Bet they are a lot cooler to practice in then the Dark Blue the last few days.

A

Anonymous

chris98251":3vhtei0f said:
Bet they are a lot cooler to practice in then the Dark Blue the last few days.

So like, Washington is hot now?

Awww...

This is a screenshot of our forecasted temps from this morning...

20150731 064720 zpshqzf3da0

chris98251

Reaction score
Our weather has been abnormally hot for this region, mid to high 90's depending on your location, this area isn't set up for those sustained temperatures.

We are not acclimated to it here, I have been to places where after a few weeks you can, but that's normal for those locations. Many homes don't have AC or cars with it.

July will likely be one of Seattle's hottest single months on record, the National Weather Service reported.

On Friday, the city hit 90 degrees for the 11th time this summer. That's an all-time record for normally mild Seattle.

The current heat wave is expected to last into early next week. Meanwhile, 100% of Washington and Oregon are now in a drought at the same time, something that hasn't happened since 2001.

From http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...ok-fish-alive-in-pacific-northwest/ar-BBlhM6s

A

Anonymous

I kid, I kid...

I remember a similar heat wave up there occuring around 97, I believe, whence it was in the 90's for a week or so. It can be kinda scary if you don't have a means to get cool. I remember loading up the kids and heading Safeway to "shop" as our house didn't have A/C.

On the green jerseys; for some reason they look a lot less crazy to me now that more and more of that color has crept into Hawks-related clothing in general. Perhaps our eyes/minds are adjusting to it now.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
For those of you who hate the green jerseys, here's a little reminder that things could be worse!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,512

AgentDib

Reaction score
As mentioned, it's the indoor heat that people really complain about. If next summer is as warm as this one in the Northwest then part of the problem will go away as more and more Northwest residences will add air conditioning. There's already been a 10x increase in the availability of apartments with A/C in the greater Seattle area over the last decade.

The action green is fine as a bit of variety. Of course I've always liked the grass camouflage idea too.

Latest posts