Greg Olsen reveals that Pete handcuffed Wilson last year

AgentDib

Reaction score
Scorpion05":9g2wbmf3 said:
What you're saying is actually pretty logical and fair. For most QBs in the league. The question is, do you think those "obvious coaching things" apply to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Josh Allen, Mahomes, Peyton Manning, etc.?
Definitely. If you want a concrete example, Bruce Arians called out Tom Brady last season after their week 1 loss to the Saints when Brady threw three INTs.

Because to be honest that is what Russell Wilson was in the 2nd half of the season except for 2 games. A game manager, while being paid like an elite QB. And it's not just because of poor play, there was clearly a shift in opening up the offense.
I don't agree with this view. Even in a run first offense, QBs can justify a top salary by simply being efficient on third downs and sustaining drives. However, our passing offense was not efficient over the second half of the season and it was clear that it was struggling against cover 2. The lack of volume is completely a red herring; you are assuming that if we had increased volume then efficiency would have also increased but I don't see any basis for that assumption. Efficiency and volume are normally inversely correlated.

I think this conversation is revealing that Pete, and frankly some of us fans, do not see Russ as being in that category.
I don't think that category has ever existed in the NFL for any player. You may not hear about conversations behind closed doors as many teams wisely try to keep that sort of stuff private. Russ is great, but the role of the coaching staff is to put him in the best situation to succeed. If he is throwing turnovers due to bad luck then they can and should be ignored, but if the turnovers are unforced errors then that's the coaching staff's responsibility to help sort out. Labeling that as meddling is silly.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BASF":97tpg7re said:
pittpnthrs":97tpg7re said:
BASF":97tpg7re said:
Here is the deal, the head coach made the decision to rein in his QB that was costing the team games. How the hell is that a bad thing?

The way both of you are posting, Russell Wilson's stats matter to you more than wins.

Because he never took the reins off and it cost the team post season success as usual.

If that is your takeaway from watching that playoff game I won't bother engaging with you regarding this subject again. The reins were taken off for the playoff game. As I have stated, the personnel decisions on the offensive line that day is what ruined that game plan. Peace out.

Yeah, if you think its all on the offensive line and not horrid game day coaching, we really dont have anything more to talk about.