Guess its a new world we're living in...(updated)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FWIW, from the original TMZ article about this :lol: :

skitch.0.png

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/5/11/8 ... o-training

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's funny how fans think players should hate other teams and players just as much as they do, so this is shocking?

If anything, the fraternity of just being an NFL player is FAR stronger than team loyalty, because players know teams aren't loyal to them, but friends are.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seattle gave Chockernick a much better reception than the angry, taunting Whiner fans gave Marshawn Lynch outside of a San Francisco nightclub.

[youtube]Zsc3SCRAIHw[/youtube]

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2mdw49k5 said:
Seattle gave Chockernick a much better reception than the angry, taunting Whiner fans gave Marshawn Lynch outside of a San Francisco nightclub.

...and the obligatory "our fans are better than yours" post...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, people in the Bay Area are so rude to Lynch that he has his foundation there, runs his camp for kids there, is building a community center there, and lives in his mansion there. Riiiiiiiight. :lol:

This dude? C'mon.

Asgame

lynch-marshawn-warriors_0.jpg

EDIT: also the only thing anyone in that video said iabout Marshawn Lynch was "that's my ******" and "that's beast mode, dude. Don't mess with beast mode, dude."

That woman did get called a Seattle seachicken, though. :lol: (I'm assuming as a play off chickenhead).

EDIT 2: Probably don't want to be talking about this one too much in the first place, I'd imagine:

An eyewitness tells us Marshawn got in a few punches before walking away.

Damn Bay Area cops. ;)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Exittium":3l372nlp said:
Maybe we'll see a different attitude from Colin now that harbaby is gone?
Yes. It'll be worse. Harbaugh kept him in line.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bq6i8m8 said:
hawknation2015":1bq6i8m8 said:

Well, we are . . . LOUDER, more passionate, better informed, and civil is what we strive to be.

I have nothing against Warriors, Giants, or A's fans, as they are some of the best in their respective sports. By which I mean, loud, passionate, informed, and mostly civil. For whatever reason, perhaps its relative distance from San Francisco/Oakland, Whiner fans are somehow quieter and seem to attract more thuggish elements than those other Bay Area teams.

:th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ That impression could also be because it has now been a long time since Seattle has had a professional basketball or baseball team. ;)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Popeyejones":bfvesc3x said:
^^^^ That impression could also be because it has now been a long time since Seattle has had a professional basketball or baseball team. ;)

Now i'm all for dissing the Mariners, screw them for life. Don't mention my Sonics though, I will have you off here today! lol

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":zyvlbq9g said:
Marvin49":zyvlbq9g said:
hawknation2015":zyvlbq9g said:

Well, we are . . . LOUDER, more passionate, better informed, and civil is what we strive to be.

I have nothing against Warriors, Giants, or A's fans, as they are some of the best in their respective sports. By which I mean, loud, passionate, informed, and mostly civil. For whatever reason, perhaps its relative distance from San Francisco/Oakland, Whiner fans are somehow quieter and seem to attract more thuggish elements than those other Bay Area teams.

um...your implication here is that Niner fans are MORE thuggish than Raider fans and the difference being the distance between Oakland and SF...as if Oakland was a paragon of virtue and SF were thug central.

Wow. You really know NOTHING about the Bay Area man.

...and while you are casting a wide net to characterize fans, stop acting like all Niner fans behave in the above manor. They don't. Every fan base has great fans and lunatics alike.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Marvin49":3t4vw30x said:
...and while you are casting a wide net to characterize fans, stop acting like all Niner fans behave in the above manor. They don't. Every fan base has great fans and lunatics alike.

We would characterize the Seahawks as having more great fans and less loonies than the Niners. Do you believe that is a fair statement Marvin?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1j5t4bpo said:
Marvin49":1j5t4bpo said:

We would characterize the Seahawks as having more great fans and less loonies than the Niners. Do you believe that is a fair statement Marvin?

Nope.

I would state that the 49ers have a larger fanbase in general and that accounts for far more lunatics who can at times appear to be a larger % of the fans. It's not. Its simply more peeps to drown out the conversation. When you have so much more noise, its hard to see the other side.

Just wait. If Seattle continues on the track they are on, just wait and see who comes out of the woodwork as Seahawks "fans". You will get fans with zero sense of history or patience because all they've ever known is the Seahawks as a contender. You'll get peeps who respond to every argument with the amount of Lombardi's the Seahawks have.

IMO, The Seahawks fans who exist now to a large extent were fans before the team was every close to good or considered a marquee franchise. If that success sustains over a prolonged period you will end up with knucklehead fans with unrealistic expectations who know zero about the sport they profess to be a fan of.

Want some perspective? Who are some of the most annoying fans in the NFL? My guess is that most here would say SF, NE, Pittsburg, and Dallas.

What do those 4 franchises have in common? Rings. Its a part of the territory. Not just everybody hating you, but fans who aren't really fans being a part of your fanbase.

So I guess I'd agree there are more loonies and maybe even a larger % of loonies, but not at all less great fans. Perhaps quieter.... :D

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Marvin49":2k2ond01 said:
hawknation2015":2k2ond01 said:
Marvin49":2k2ond01 said:
hawknation2015":2k2ond01 said:

um...your implication here is that Niner fans are MORE thuggish than Raider fans and the difference being the distance between Oakland and SF...as if Oakland was a paragon of virtue and SF were thug central.

I agree with Marvin here. SF is a beautiful tourist destination. Oakland is definitely NOT.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Clayfighter":biksodog said:
Marvin49":biksodog said:
hawknation2015":biksodog said:
Marvin49":biksodog said:

I agree with Marvin here. SF is a beautiful tourist destination. Oakland is definitely NOT.

Nah, I was merely referring to the fact that Levi's Stadium had an arrest rate last season that was double the arrest rate of the Raiders' O.co Coliseum -- 25.2 arrests per game vs. 12.3. Many of the thuggish elements that used to support the Raiders have now moved on to supporting the Santa Clara Forty-Whiners.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":27dulhio said:
Marvin49":27dulhio said:

Multiple Candlestick stabbings... stadium bathroom beatdowns, etc It's all well documented. The thug element is strong in the Bay. Not saying Seattle doesn't have any seedy neighborhoods that breed seedy characters, SF Bay Area just has way more of them.

Brahn

Reaction score
jake206":lbagunj6 said:
Post-Harbaugh...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/597531394483613696[/tweet]

0511 colin kaepernick club ricardo kam instagram 3

It looks like Lockette is carrying that young lady around in a baby bjorn.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":s8rujhy8 said:
Clayfighter":s8rujhy8 said:
Marvin49":s8rujhy8 said:
hawknation2015":s8rujhy8 said:

Nah, I was merely referring to the fact that Levi's Stadium had an arrest rate last season that was double the arrest rate of the Raiders' O.co Coliseum -- 25.2 arrests per game vs. 12.3. Many of the thuggish elements that used to support the Raiders have now moved on to supporting the Santa Clara Forty-Whiners.

Kinda disingenuous there. I found the article you are quoting there and has a very small sample size, particularly with O.Co.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Re ... 06851.html

I'd be curious how those numbers played out over the entire season. These are the numbers in the article that was published in OCTOBER with half the season remaining at Levis and 70% remaining at O.Co.

Levi’s Stadium Data:
Aug. 17 = 18 arrests
Aug. 24 = 38 arrests
Sept: 14 = 31 arrests
Sept. 18 = 17 arrests
Oct. 5 = 22 arrests

O.Co Coliseum Data:
Aug. 15 = 10 arrests
Aug. 28 = 6 arrests
Sept. 14 = 21 arrests

Should also be noted that those stats include preseason where Levis was full (first 2 games ever at Levis...and cheapest tix available to the thug element) and less than full house preseason games at O.Co. Notice the spike between preseason and first regular season.

Also all new police force at Levi's with lower tolerance. Those numbers are higher than Candlestick with supposedly the same thug fanbase.

Mike RosenbergVerified account
‏@RosenbergMerc Levi's Stadium has averaged 25 arrests per game this year. Per @EskSF, Candlestick *high* in 2012 was 23. From 2008-10, peaked at 17. 49ers

That post also from October BTW.

I really would be curious how those number played out for the entire season and against other stadiums around the league.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":esos3ejk said:
Popeyejones":esos3ejk said:

Now i'm all for dissing the Mariners, screw them for life. Don't mention my Sonics though, I will have you off here today! lol

What sonics? there are no sonics