Guess its a new world we're living in...(updated)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Marvin49":h0sfzdu2 said:
Trenchbroom":h0sfzdu2 said:
Marvin49":h0sfzdu2 said:
...and while you are casting a wide net to characterize fans, stop acting like all Niner fans behave in the above manor. They don't. Every fan base has great fans and lunatics alike.

We would characterize the Seahawks as having more great fans and less loonies than the Niners. Do you believe that is a fair statement Marvin?

Nope.

I would state that the 49ers have a larger fanbase in general and that accounts for far more lunatics who can at times appear to be a larger % of the fans. It's not. Its simply more peeps to drown out the conversation. When you have so much more noise, its hard to see the other side.

Just wait. If Seattle continues on the track they are on, just wait and see who comes out of the woodwork as Seahawks "fans". You will get fans with zero sense of history or patience because all they've ever known is the Seahawks as a contender. You'll get peeps who respond to every argument with the amount of Lombardi's the Seahawks have.

IMO, The Seahawks fans who exist now to a large extent were fans before the team was every close to good or considered a marquee franchise. If that success sustains over a prolonged period you will end up with knucklehead fans with unrealistic expectations who know zero about the sport they profess to be a fan of.

Want some perspective? Who are some of the most annoying fans in the NFL? My guess is that most here would say SF, NE, Pittsburg, and Dallas.

What do those 4 franchises have in common? Rings. Its a part of the territory. Not just everybody hating you, but fans who aren't really fans being a part of your fanbase.

So I guess I'd agree there are more loonies and maybe even a larger % of loonies, but not at all less great fans. Perhaps quieter.... :D

Good post. And yea, players don't typically feel the same way about other teams that fans do, unless you've had a rivalry as long as the Steelers and Ravens have. We had an intense rivalry, but it's already lightening up as SF is slipping a little.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dsgu01i said:
Just wait. If Seattle continues on the track they are on, just wait and see who comes out of the woodwork as Seahawks "fans". You will get fans with zero sense of history or patience because all they've ever known is the Seahawks as a contender. You'll get peeps who respond to every argument with the amount of Lombardi's the Seahawks have.

I already see this, and it's only been a couple years of success.......mainly from the chicks and non-sports dudes who are all of a sudden planning Seahawk Sunday parties with us.

Then if we lose, they're all confused and pissed off. "OMG WHAT HAPPENED, I WATCHED THE BRONCO SUPERBOWL AND THAT IS NOT MY SEAHAWKS!.......CARROLL'S AN IDIOT, BENCH RUSSELL, TRADE MARSHAWN!!"

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lahlahlindsey/status/598663183805587456[/tweet]

This can't be real. If it is, I swear Armageddon is right around the corner.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2980qs8x said:
hawknation2015":2980qs8x said:
Seattle gave Chockernick a much better reception than the angry, taunting Whiner fans gave Marshawn Lynch outside of a San Francisco nightclub.

[youtube]Zsc3SCRAIHw[/youtube]

...and the obligatory "our fans are better than yours" post...

Well, the damn shoe fits.

lucky49

Reaction score
the update in the op is a photoshop. Like, obviously.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
jake206":1fqu5gmw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lahlahlindsey/status/598663183805587456[/tweet]

This can't be real. If it is, I swear Armageddon is right around the corner.

who cares...