Guess the head coach hires of 2024

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I adjusted my own predictions after the news came out that the Bears are expected to retain Eberflus.

Bill Belichick - Commanders
Jerod Mayo - Patriots
Ben Johnson - Buccaneers
Jim Harbaugh - Chargers
Dave Canales - Panthers
Antonio Pierce - Raiders

What say you?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think Vrabel gets sold to New England but I agree with that list. Maybe Ben Johnson to the Chargers. I think Hardouche stays in college.

toffee

Reaction score
What about them Seahawks? Hasn't that Pete Carroll been a must fire for years and years? Don't believe me? Just read dot net.

Scout

Reaction score
BB of the Patriots might be safe if the team wins their last two games to improve to six wins. I do like the Mayo prediction as his successor though.

The Commanders are probably drafting a QB so Ben Johnson seems a better fit there.

If Bowles win today's game and next week I think that is a two win improvement from last season while winning another division title so he is safe as a Bucs coach if that plays out.

Harbaugh has openly hated the Spanos family but if they show him the money maybe....

Pierce seems like a lock because the Raiders made a mistake not keeping Bissacia as a HC last time.

Canales might be a darkhorse HC candidate but I think the Panthers are going to go for a bigger name given how their owner is very big on making splashes.

Ben Johnson - Commanders
Jerod Mayo - Patriots
Brian Flores - Chargers
Antonio Pierce - Raiders

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Have a hard time believing Belichick would go to the shitstorm Commanders. Why bother with a full rebuild at his age and with his stature?

If he were to leave NE, I think it would only be for the NY Giants; the club that gave him his start under Parcells. Yes the NYG aren’t very good, but they were a playoff team and I think a good O-Line away from making the playoffs again.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Have a hard time believing Belichick would go to the shitstorm Commanders. Why bother with a full rebuild at his age and with his stature?

If he were to leave NE, I think it would only be for the NY Giants; the club that gave him his start under Parcells. Yes the NYG aren’t very good, but they were a playoff team and I think a good O-Line away from making the playoffs again.
It's been pretty heavily rumored that it's his preferred destination, and it's been all but confirmed in the media that New England and him are mutually parting following the season. I think with Snyder gone and a new ownership team, it suddenly becomes an attractive destination for a coach who demands near total control of football operations. It's not an attractive roster, but I don't think Bill cares as much about that as he cares about being given the latitude to do things his way.

Things probably change between now and then, but it seems like a more-than-50% probability right now.

NoGain

Reaction score
The Huskies just made it to the national championship game. Is this really important now?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BB of the Patriots might be safe if the team wins their last two games to improve to six wins. I do like the Mayo prediction as his successor though.

The Commanders are probably drafting a QB so Ben Johnson seems a better fit there.

If Bowles win today's game and next week I think that is a two win improvement from last season while winning another division title so he is safe as a Bucs coach if that plays out.

Harbaugh has openly hated the Spanos family but if they show him the money maybe....

Pierce seems like a lock because the Raiders made a mistake not keeping Bissacia as a HC last time.

Canales might be a darkhorse HC candidate but I think the Panthers are going to go for a bigger name given how their owner is very big on making splashes.

Ben Johnson - Commanders
Jerod Mayo - Patriots
Brian Flores - Chargers
Antonio Pierce - Raiders
With the Panthers, I don't think anyone wants the job as far as hot candidates go. Bare cupboard in terms of capital, horrific meddling ownership, and what appears to have been a likely mistake in drafting Bryce Young. I think they're going to have to settle for a second-tier offensive candidate this time around who doesn't have the leverage to make many demands.

Ben Johnson is going to be so in-demand that I think he'll essentially have his pick of jobs, but yeah, Bowles is very close to earning himself another season after their earlier skid. Might not even be an opening down there.

I think Jim is the most likely coach for the Chargers right now just based on their reported heavy interest, with the Chargers apparently already doing background work on him. I don't think they're inclined to consider defensive coaches currently as it makes sense they'd try to coalesce around Justin Herbert, who Harbaugh is reported to love/covet. It's a perfect fit in my eyes, but I didn't know he hated the Spanos family.

NoGain

Reaction score
I know, but geez. Something really significant happened tonight in Seattle/NW sports. Nothing bigger in a decade.
But just teasing, really.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I know, but geez. Something really significant happened tonight in Seattle/NW sports. Nothing bigger in a decade.
But just teasing, really.
I don't want to get roped into the Penix mania, but god damn. That's an NFL arm if I've ever seen one.

2 ACLs, left handed, untested under pressure, gives you next to nothing in terms of dual threat capability... but he makes like 8 "holy shit, that's an all-pro" throws per game. Has me looking like Vince McMahon when I watch him.

Giphy 3

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Heard somebody describe him as a potential "left-handed Warren Moon" and... I don't hate that comp