Harbaugh lashes out at Davis and Boone

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2he430w7 said:
Boone really does deserve a raise.

JZ still pretending he's a Seahawk fan...SMH.

So does Vernon. Pay the men!!!! :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2ju4x1sv said:
Harbaugh is a douche however this is getting a little juvenile. Him saying he is disappointed is no different than Carroll telling Okung to get his arse into camp his rookie year and holding out. Or let us not forget the Sanchez fiasco. As far as the Smith situation, there is a legal process and him commenting on it publicly accomplishes nothing. Kind of the same way Schneider handled the Lynch situation or when the Miami situation first broke and they commented on Lockett. If you want to rip the guy for his immature temper tantrums that is fine and clearly justified. Also Harbaugh is just the coach and doesn't have the authority Pete has. Baalke according to the rumors in the offseason, runs the show and has the luxury along with York to make these decisions without having to answer for them in the media.

The Okung situation was completely different. Okung and the Seahawks failed to have a deal in place as the first two weeks of practices concluded in mid-August.

Carroll never lambasted Okung for not living up to some idealized "Seahawks way," he merely expressed legitimate concern that the failure to sign was hurting the rookie's development. And history shows that it did, as Okung struggled though much of his rookie season after suffering injuries and slowly acclimating to the speed of the NFL level.

In the Harbaugh situation, he wasn't expressing concern for his players. He was chiding veteran players for asking for more money after multiple years under their belts as successful starters.

Has Carroll chided any of his players for asking for more money? Has he chided Marshawn Lynch for dissapointing him and not living up to the Seahawks way? The answer is no.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It's as simple as this: What good comes out of directly or indirectly saying you are disappointed by a holdout through the media? A simple we wish they were here would suffice.

I would think Jim would empathize a bit more, seeing as he wants a new deal himself.

Jville

Reaction score
Simply not a good day down there.

"Not the decision I envision being the 49er way."
Attempting to borrow or emulate another team (Patriots) rather than be themselves is disquieting.

Matt MaioccoVerified account ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers just concluded a 2-hour, 20-minute practice. I'm having a difficult time coming up with any highlights. Not a lot happening.

Matt MaioccoVerified account ‏@MaioccoCSN

I'll try to come up with something overnight. It's going to take some creativity. But I'll post first thing in the morning. #49ers

Retweet
Favorite

Favorites 5
Kyle Breitkreutz Erick Barajas Quest4Six Scotty Mac ❕❕❕❕

5:26 PM - 17 Jun 2014

Sean Engel ‏@oldmanengel 11m

@MaioccoCSN Get hold of someone from TMZ to see how to make up a story out of nothing.
Details
Retweet
Favorite
Tom Wicks ‏@Enrico_Matassa 7m

Subzero717

Reaction score
Side step the Sanchez thing.

Anyhow he clearly brings up the contract to the media and puts it on the Okung camp. He is more media savy than Hardouche, obviously so he dresses it up better. Okung was hurt. IIRC his first game was vs Chicago and I dont recall him struggling with game speed as you suggest but thats fine. Harbaugh also doesnt have the exicutive power that Carroll has. He was asked and answered. He is disapointed. He didnt go Mora Jr. We shall see how Carroll handles these situations in the future. Due to the overhaul and where the team is at with contracts the difficult days are still ahead.

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2010/Aug/0 ... ng-to-act/

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1ceyibck said:
Side step the Sanchez thing.

Anyhow he clearly brings up the contract to the media and puts it on the Okung camp. He is more media savy than Hardouche, obviously so he dresses it up better. Okung was hurt. IIRC his first game was vs Chicago and I dont recall him struggling with game speed as you suggest but thats fine. Harbaugh also doesnt have the exicutive power that Carroll has. He was asked and answered. He is disapointed. He didnt go Mora Jr. We shall see how Carroll handles these situations in the future. Due to the overhaul and where the team is at with contracts the difficult days are still ahead.

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2010/Aug/0 ... ng-to-act/

The Sanchez argument is in no way analogous to this situation. Carroll gave his opinion about Sanchez needing more development before entering the draft. It's debatable whether Carroll was right. Sanchez went in the Top 5 in the draft and had a strong first two years behind a good offensive line before he regressed and was released. Would another year of development under Carroll have made a difference? Probably not. Was Carroll entitled to give his opinion? Absolutely. Carroll and Sanchez are still on good terms, and Carroll recently spoke out in defense of Sanchez.

When Carroll speaks about these things, he shows genuine empathy for his players. By contrast, Harbaugh is a brazen hypocrite, who will attack his rival for not being "above reproach," but in reality he's more concerned about his own players holding out for more money than he is about punishing the players who commit felonies and endanger the public. He is in every way below reproach.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The 49er way?

Smashing a teammate with a beer bottle.

Driving to practice drunk off your ass.

Running off the field pouting when you lose.

Going on national radio, lying about Crabtree going for a 100 on the Hawks and claiming that the guy who just owned him is scared of their receivers because he was a poor sport.

Talking about what could have happened instead of just owning up to what actually did happen.

The Niner way.

Harbs is the Joe Biden of the NFL.

gargantual

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":22yfo2oq said:
The 49er way?

Going on national radio, lying about Crabtree going for a 100 on the Hawks and claiming that the guy who just owned him is scared of their receivers because he was a poor sport.

Talking about what could have happened instead of just owning up to what actually did happen.

The Niner way.

Low blow to Biden there.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
gargantual":37k0yyns said:
loafoftatupu":37k0yyns said:
The 49er way?

The Niner way.

Low blow to Biden there.
Damn.. you're right.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":racq70od said:
"I'm disappointed in that decision for them not to be here," Harbaugh said. "Not the decision I envision being the 49er way."

That's more "disappointment" than Harbaugh has expressed over Aldon Smith and Chris Culiver's threats to the public safety.

Apparently holding out for more money is less the "49er way" than his players' multiple felonies, a hit and run, a threat with brass knuckles, a bomb threat at an airport, crashing a car into a tree with a .15 BAC, or having a shootout at your house party with illegal assault weapons.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11097 ... w-minicamp

SMDH.

So damn predictable. Just as you will say I am for responding.

Any possible reason to bag on the niners...I'll find it here. I'm accused of defending them all the time and there is truth in that. I admit it. It's amazing tho just how many opportunities I find here to do just that.

Harbaugh makes a comment that if made by just about any other coach on any other team and it becomes (yet again) a discussion on the morality of your rival. Its all good. It's a rivalry...but don't pretend your homerism isn't on full display when you start threads on your perceived "49er way".

The 49ers have a way of doing business. It doesn't involve holding out with 2 years left on your contract. That's what he's referring to. He's also RIGHT.

You will turn this (yet again) into a list of transgressions by players off the field. Guess what? Those aren't the "49er way" either. Not everyone on the team is going to be with the program. When a number of Seahawks were caught violating PED rules, how annoyed did it make you when people would paint the entire team with that brush and call the team Seadderall or something else stupid like that. Is PED use the "Seahawks way"? Of course not.

You are doing the EXACT same thing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":lcanyp5z said:
hawknation2014":lcanyp5z said:
"I'm disappointed in that decision for them not to be here," Harbaugh said. "Not the decision I envision being the 49er way."

That's more "disappointment" than Harbaugh has expressed over Aldon Smith and Chris Culiver's threats to the public safety.

Apparently holding out for more money is less the "49er way" than his players' multiple felonies, a hit and run, a threat with brass knuckles, a bomb threat at an airport, crashing a car into a tree with a .15 BAC, or having a shootout at your house party with illegal assault weapons.

SMDH.

So damn predictable. Just as you will say I am for responding.

Any possible reason to bag on the niners...I'll find it here. I'm accused of defending them all the time and there is truth in that. I admit it. It's amazing tho just how many opportunities I find here to do just that.

Harbaugh makes a comment that if made by just about any other coach on any other team and it becomes (yet again) a discussion on the morality of your rival. Its all good. It's a rivalry...but don't pretend your homerism isn't on full display when you start threads on your perceived "49er way".

The 49ers have a way of doing business. It doesn't involve holding out with 2 years left on your contract. That's what he's referring to. He's also RIGHT.

You will turn this (yet again) into a list of transgressions by players off the field. Guess what? Those aren't the "49er way" either. Not everyone on the team is going to be with the program. When a number of Seahawks were caught violating PED rules, how annoyed did it make you when people would paint the entire team with that brush and call the team Seadderall or something else stupid like that. Is PED use the "Seahawks way"? Of course not.

sigh.......

Spin away O'Reilly, spin away!

sigh........

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1wh6m8wg said:

The nerve of him to want his players to be there.....how dare he.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sourdough #49":3v419vrp said:
hawknation2014":3v419vrp said:

Should have just said that. "I want them to be here, and I hope they come soon." None of that "49er way" B.S. which goes from showing a desire to have his players there to picking sides between his players and the FO.

SF tends to take hardline stances with players, which is fine in the short-term, but which seems like a way to turn off good veteran FAs and cause grumbling in the long-term.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3lxbk67f said:
hawknation2014":3lxbk67f said:

Instead of chiding these players for not conforming to Harbaugh's "49er way," he should have taken a cue from Pete Carroll after Chris Clemons' holdout:

Carroll: "So I’m a little surprised that he’s not here. We’ve had open communications with his agent, and with Chris, and feel like everything is on the up-and-up and very amicable and all that. It continues to be one of our priorities. We’d love to get him back, but it doesn’t look like he’s going to show up for the rest of the camp."

This is the classy, mature way a coach is supposed to handle these situations.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":e4nlaklr said:

You're comparing multiple felonies, a hit and run, a threat with brass knuckles, a bomb threat at an airport, crashing a car into a tree with a .15 BAC, or having a shootout at your house party with illegal assault weapons (crimes that actually endanger the public) to taking prescription adderall without a league exemption or using marijuana (both of which are legal substances in Washington state).

Harbaugh was one of those individuals who tried to rub this in our face, calling our players liars and accusing the Seahawks organization of cheating to win, which you still deny because you are a sycophant:

“I’ve definitely noticed it,” Harbaugh said of the situation in Seattle, via Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. “You don’t know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don’t know that that’s what it is. I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances."

“It has no place in an athlete’s body,” Harbaugh said regarding the NFL’s list of banned substances. “Play by the rules. You want to be above reproach, especially when you’re good, because you don’t want people to come back and say, ‘They’re winning because they’re cheating.’ That’s always going to be a knee-jerk reaction in my experience, since I was a little kid. We want to be a above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules. If you don’t, if you cheat to win then you’ve already lost, according to Bo Schembechler. And Bo Schembechler is about next to the Word of God. It’s not the Word of God, but it’s close.”

And now lil' Marvin, after your starters have been caught endangering the public with crimes far worse than using adderall or marijuana, it's payback time. Your coach cares more about scolding players who want more money than punishing the players who actually endanger the public; that's the 49er way. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Harbs isn't a bad guy, he is just different. Sort of like early 80's Soviet Union was different to the United States.

I think the guy just needs a little ass kicking personally, so I have contacted the guy known for such behavior and told him that Jim needs a little intervention before he loses his leadership role.

ditka-yelling.jpg

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1t2c8oeg said:
Sourdough #49":1t2c8oeg said:
hawknation2014":1t2c8oeg said:

Instead of chiding these players for not conforming to Harbaugh's "49er way," he should have taken a cue from Pete Carroll after Chris Clemons' holdout:

Carroll: "So I’m a little surprised that he’s not here. We’ve had open communications with his agent, and with Chris, and feel like everything is on the up-and-up and very amicable and all that. It continues to be one of our priorities. We’d love to get him back, but it doesn’t look like he’s going to show up for the rest of the camp."

This is the classy, mature way a coach is supposed to handle these situations.

Sorry Harbaugh is not and never will be a politician. Furthermore anyone offended by what he says 90% of the time should grow thicker skin. The other 10% is Harbaugh gobble gobble turkey jive that wasn't meant to be understood anyway.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Its funny that it keeps getting written that he said its not the 49ers way. He said and I quote "not the decision I envision being the 49er way.” What is wrong with hoping an envisioning a certain way you want the team to run. His vision is to have everyone in camp and not letting business get in the way. People love to misquote others for headlines. Journalist can make up anything about anyone these days and then go an print it.

Harbs said what he said and he was spot on. No coach envisions there players missing mandatory camps, his vision for a successful team is everyone being there. End of story