Harbaugh lashes out at Davis and Boone

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2s9clowx said:
Its funny that it keeps getting written that he said its not the 49ers way. He said and I quote "not the decision I envision being the 49er way.” What is wrong with hoping an envisioning a certain way you want the team to run. His vision is to have everyone in camp and not letting business get in the way. People love to misquote others for headlines. Journalist can make up anything about anyone these days and then go an print it.

Harbs said what he said and he was spot on. No coach envisions there players missing mandatory camps, his vision for a successful team is everyone being there. End of story
So, your "way" can just be whatever you pretend it is? Does he also envision midgets and unicorns?

Just kidding, I know what he means. Though I will point out that unfulfilled visions are often labeled delusions in retrospect.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3hi56j2u said:
Marvin49":3hi56j2u said:
The 49ers have a way of doing business. It doesn't involve holding out with 2 years left on your contract. That's what he's referring to. He's also RIGHT.

You will turn this (yet again) into a list of transgressions by players off the field. Guess what? Those aren't the "49er way" either. Not everyone on the team is going to be with the program. When a number of Seahawks were caught violating PED rules, how annoyed did it make you when people would paint the entire team with that brush and call the team Seadderall or something else stupid like that. Is PED use the "Seahawks way"? Of course not.

You are doing the EXACT same thing.

You're comparing multiple felonies, a hit and run, a threat with brass knuckles, a bomb threat at an airport, crashing a car into a tree with a .15 BAC, or having a shootout at your house party with illegal assault weapons (crimes that actually endanger the public) to taking prescription adderall without a league exemption or using marijuana (both of which are legal substances in Washington state).

Harbaugh was one of those individuals who tried to rub this in our face, calling our players liars and accusing the Seahawks organization of cheating to win, which you still deny because you are a sycophant:

“I’ve definitely noticed it,” Harbaugh said of the situation in Seattle, via Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. “You don’t know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don’t know that that’s what it is. I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances."

“It has no place in an athlete’s body,” Harbaugh said regarding the NFL’s list of banned substances. “Play by the rules. You want to be above reproach, especially when you’re good, because you don’t want people to come back and say, ‘They’re winning because they’re cheating.’ That’s always going to be a knee-jerk reaction in my experience, since I was a little kid. We want to be a above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules. If you don’t, if you cheat to win then you’ve already lost, according to Bo Schembechler. And Bo Schembechler is about next to the Word of God. It’s not the Word of God, but it’s close.”

And now lil' Marvin, after your starters have been caught endangering the public with crimes far worse than using adderall or marijuana, it's payback time. Your coach cares more about scolding players who want more money than punishing the players who actually endanger the public; that's the 49er way. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

No, I'm comparing the actions of a few players on a large team and painting the entire team with that brush. It has nothing to do with the severity of the offenses.

Saying about the "Niner Way" and then bringing up the off the field stuff is BS. Its OBVIOUSLY not the Niner way and its pretty damn clear that the 49ers aren't happy with that behavior.

Seattle wasn't happy with player testing positive for PEDs. Its not the Seahawks way and in fact upset many of the players.

BOTH are incorrectly painting an entire organization with an inaccurate brush based on the actions of a few individuals.

Funny tho that you AGAIN bring up that quote. To quote The Princess Bride....

"I do not think it means what you think it means". It also really has no bearing on the conversation other than to throw in the kitchen sink in an attempt to be "right".

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":k9kiq59b said:
hawknation2014":k9kiq59b said:
Marvin49":k9kiq59b said:
The 49ers have a way of doing business. It doesn't involve holding out with 2 years left on your contract. That's what he's referring to. He's also RIGHT.

You will turn this (yet again) into a list of transgressions by players off the field. Guess what? Those aren't the "49er way" either. Not everyone on the team is going to be with the program. When a number of Seahawks were caught violating PED rules, how annoyed did it make you when people would paint the entire team with that brush and call the team Seadderall or something else stupid like that. Is PED use the "Seahawks way"? Of course not.

You're comparing multiple felonies, a hit and run, a threat with brass knuckles, a bomb threat at an airport, crashing a car into a tree with a .15 BAC, or having a shootout at your house party with illegal assault weapons (crimes that actually endanger the public) to taking prescription adderall without a league exemption or using marijuana (both of which are legal substances in Washington state).

Harbaugh was one of those individuals who tried to rub this in our face, calling our players liars and accusing the Seahawks organization of cheating to win, which you still deny because you are a sycophant:

“I’ve definitely noticed it,” Harbaugh said of the situation in Seattle, via Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat. “You don’t know what it is. Even when people say what it is, you don’t know that that’s what it is. I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderall. But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances."

“It has no place in an athlete’s body,” Harbaugh said regarding the NFL’s list of banned substances. “Play by the rules. You want to be above reproach, especially when you’re good, because you don’t want people to come back and say, ‘They’re winning because they’re cheating.’ That’s always going to be a knee-jerk reaction in my experience, since I was a little kid. We want to be a above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules. If you don’t, if you cheat to win then you’ve already lost, according to Bo Schembechler. And Bo Schembechler is about next to the Word of God. It’s not the Word of God, but it’s close.”

And now lil' Marvin, after your starters have been caught endangering the public with crimes far worse than using adderall or marijuana, it's payback time. Your coach cares more about scolding players who want more money than punishing the players who actually endanger the public; that's the 49er way. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

No, I'm comparing the actions of a few players on a large team and painting the entire team with that brush. It has nothing to do with the severity of the offenses.

Saying about the "Niner Way" and then bringing up the off the field stuff is BS. Its OBVIOUSLY not the Niner way and its pretty damn clear that the 49ers aren't happy with that behavior.

Seattle wasn't happy with player testing positive for PEDs. Its not the Seahawks way and in fact upset many of the players.

BOTH are incorrectly painting an entire organization with an inaccurate brush based on the actions of a few individuals.

"I do not think it means what you think it means". It also really has no bearing on the conversation other than to throw in the kitchen sink in an attempt to be "right".

If you directly attack your rival for lying, cheating, and not being above reproach as an organization, as Jim Harbaugh did, then you better expect your rivals to attack back when you fail to punish or admonish players for much worse crimes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1affz73z said:
Marvin49":1affz73z said:
hawknation2014":1affz73z said:
Marvin49":1affz73z said:

If you directly attack your rival for lying, cheating, and not being above reproach as an organization, as Jim Harbaugh did, then you better expect your rivals to attack back when you fail to punish or admonish players for much worse crimes.

.....that might mean something if it had even the slightest bit to do with the conversation.

Me: "The sky is blue."

You: "Yeah you don't have that much Jello. Loser."

BTW...he also didn't do ANY of those things, but you continue to misrepresent what he said because its good hyperbole. It all fun and the kind of stuff you say in semi-serious jabbing conversation with a rival, but if you really believe that the gist of what Harbaugh was saying is that Seattle is "lying, cheating, and not being above reproach as an organization" then you missed the point entirely. He was saying that its not what you want. You don't want people to say "you only won because of X". You STRIVE to be above reproach. He even stated a few weeks ago that some of the players on his team weren't there yet.

Look, Harbaugh is ALWAYS going to defend his players, no matter what. Even a few days ago when he said what he said about not being the "49er Way", the next day made it a point to say that he wasn't trying to call anyone out. He will defend his guys to a fault. Personally, I'm not going to jump on a guy for defending the guys he goes to battle with from a media that's willing to throw them under the bus if they think it will get one more person to click on their blog one more time.

Finally...the most ludicrous of your claims...." fail to punish or admonish players for much worse crimes". What exactly in YOUR mind SHOULD the 49ers have done? Release Brooks, Culliver, and Aldon? Is that your solution? Something tells me you'd have a VERY, VERY different opinion if those guys were Seahawks. If the Niners had realeased Aldon you'd be happy as a clam because the Niners let go one of their best players. You really don't give 2 sh*ts about what Aldons done. You just love it because it gives you the opportunity to feel morally superior to a 49er fan because the Niners didn't release him even though most likely no other team in the NFL would have. Niners sent him to rehab in the middle of the season when they were under no obligation to do so.

You have to admit...taking the stance that the only way a rival SHOULD have dealt with a situation was by releasing one of the best players on their team comes off just a bit homerish.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
who cares. as long as harbaugh keeps winning games, we'll continue to side with him. davis was payed as a top-tier TE with a front loaded contract. He recieved most of his money already, but now wants a new contract? We 49er fans love davis, but harbaugh is right. Davis has removed his old "me-me" ego, and is now known for "team-team". He just saw the 49er friendly contract that Kaep took. So what gives? Let the guy hold out, we are loaded on offense.

Sigh Boone though, he deserves $$.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":899aqfvh said:
BTW...he also didn't do ANY of those things, but you continue to misrepresent what he said because its good hyperbole.

No Marvin, he did ALL of those things. He just didn't use the exact words.

In his comments he said that they didn't know what they are taking, that even though the players all said it was adderall, he questioned that, which is calling them liars. Otherwise he wouldn't have questioned it.

Then he associated it with cheating and quoted his Master Bo.

Then he made the "Above Reproach" comment.

He didn't say Above Reproach didn't apply to breaking the law. He just said "Above Reproach". To show that his camp was and the Hawks weren't.

But once again, Marvin is here to explain what the Niner DoucheKing REALLY meant. We can't figure it out ourselves.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1qbuqcag said:
CALIHAWK1":1qbuqcag said:
Side step the Sanchez thing.

Anyhow he clearly brings up the contract to the media and puts it on the Okung camp. He is more media savy than Hardouche, obviously so he dresses it up better. Okung was hurt. IIRC his first game was vs Chicago and I dont recall him struggling with game speed as you suggest but thats fine. Harbaugh also doesnt have the exicutive power that Carroll has. He was asked and answered. He is disapointed. He didnt go Mora Jr. We shall see how Carroll handles these situations in the future. Due to the overhaul and where the team is at with contracts the difficult days are still ahead.

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2010/Aug/0 ... ng-to-act/

The Sanchez argument is in no way analogous to this situation. Carroll gave his opinion about Sanchez needing more development before entering the draft. It's debatable whether Carroll was right. Sanchez went in the Top 5 in the draft and had a strong first two years behind a good offensive line before he regressed and was released. Would another year of development under Carroll have made a difference? Probably not. Was Carroll entitled to give his opinion? Absolutely. Carroll and Sanchez are still on good terms, and Carroll recently spoke out in defense of Sanchez.

When Carroll speaks about these things, he shows genuine empathy for his players. By contrast, Harbaugh is a brazen hypocrite, who will attack his rival for not being "above reproach," but in reality he's more concerned about his own players holding out for more money than he is about punishing the players who commit felonies and endanger the public. He is in every way below reproach.
Pete also told Mark ahead of time that he was going to publicly explain why he felt it was the wrong decision for Mark to leave.

Mark's parents also tried to talk him out of it.

As to Harbaugh's comments, I personally don't have an issue with him expressing disappointment. Throwing the "49er way" comment in there seems dumb though, especially in light of the recent arrests of players. Still, I'm not going to get all fussed over it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
If Harbaugh has taught us anything about him over the past few years, it's he can be so over-the-top ridiculous in expressing his displeasure. If it's not crystal clear and we're actually having to debate whether or not he's "lashing out", he's clearly not.

*Shrug*

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2bu4lgmn said:
Marvin49":2bu4lgmn said:
BTW...he also didn't do ANY of those things, but you continue to misrepresent what he said because its good hyperbole.

No Marvin, he did ALL of those things. He just didn't use the exact words.

In his comments he said that they didn't know what they are taking, that even though the players all said it was adderall, he questioned that, which is calling them liars. Otherwise he wouldn't have questioned it.

Then he associated it with cheating and quoted his Master Bo.

Then he made the "Above Reproach" comment.

He didn't say Above Reproach didn't apply to breaking the law. He just said "Above Reproach". To show that his camp was and the Hawks weren't.

But once again, Marvin is here to explain what the Niner DoucheKing REALLY meant. We can't figure it out ourselves.

Its called context. Listen to the entire quote.

You are correct....I'm correcting it for you. You clearly can't figure it out based on the comments I've read.

DrDix

Reaction score
This is lashing out? The hell are you people smoking?

Don't let hate cloud yourself.

Not even close to 'lashing out'.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DrDix":2bcke36d said:

Yes, the OP is misleading.
It should have said "Harbaugh has passive aggressive bitch-snit about two players not fitting his vision."

DrDix

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3oooog10 said:
DrDix":3oooog10 said:

It should have said "Harbaugh has passive aggressive bitch-snit about two players not fitting his vision."

More like, a coach being disappointed two good players are holding out, just like any other coach would be.

Jesus you people, blinded by hate so damn easily.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
DrDix":3f5tdltj said:
Scottemojo":3f5tdltj said:
DrDix":3f5tdltj said:

More like, a coach being disappointed two good players are holding out, just like any other coach would be.

Jesus you people, blinded by hate so damn easily.

Have you scrolled around webzone lately?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ah, the Webzone. where a fan wished the North koreans would nuke Seattle.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dsmw58y said:
Its called context. Listen to the entire quote.

You are correct....I'm correcting it for you. You clearly can't figure it out based on the comments I've read.

You know I'm right... come on Marvin... you know it. Lol.

Hey, honestly I think its great stuff. To me Harbadouche is a bucket of laughs. I actually love the guy for it.
In 1990, the bye-week was introduced to the NFL. It just hosed us for Fantasy football (we did it on notebooks and read newspaper box scores) I literally had Jerry Rice that year, but I also had Warren Moon as a QB. During his bye I picked up Harbs as a joke, but my boy got me a running TD and a pass (we didn't do yards then) Since that day I have had a place in my heart for the guy.

The whole above reproach thing is just a comical situation. The timing was just hilarious. It could have happened to anyone. Any player is capable of getting busted on any day, but to have the Niner crap happen when it did was epic stuff.

But even more funny is that you just know the hate just seeths through his teeth while on the sidelines in Seattle. It is worth the price of admission. The game starts falling apart and Harbadouche just goes nuts. Niner fans rip on Carroll for the way he chews gum, but imagine what they would say if the roles were reversed. Really. Just think about that. No fan base deserves it more than SF, we are happy to oblige. It wouldn't be as fun without Jimmy.

kigenzun

Reaction score
OMG

Next JZ will return, adamantly declaring his 'true12orientation'
...while posting to defend Marvin...
Who will be posting to defend the 49er way
As loosely alluded to, but never actually defined by Harbaugh
Who will continue to be skewered by Hawks Fans for telling the media
He thinks his players should actually be at OTAs?

This whole thread is loop after loop of off-season bullshit.

At least on the field we can all tell what the score is when the clock hits zero...

As opposed to this
"Your wrong..."
"No, You're wrong..."

"Mine's Bigger Than Yours"
"Nuh-uh, mine's bigger than yours... to infinity..."

"Oh yeah... Well, mine's bigger than yours 'To infinity & Beyond!'"
BS.
:177692:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I hate Harbaugh threads.

THey are always filled with Harbaugh.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3nwr0k9k said:
CALIHAWK1":3nwr0k9k said:
Harbaugh is a douche however this is getting a little juvenile. Him saying he is disappointed is no different than Carroll telling Okung to get his arse into camp his rookie year and holding out. Or let us not forget the Sanchez fiasco. As far as the Smith situation, there is a legal process and him commenting on it publicly accomplishes nothing. Kind of the same way Schneider handled the Lynch situation or when the Miami situation first broke and they commented on Lockett. If you want to rip the guy for his immature temper tantrums that is fine and clearly justified. Also Harbaugh is just the coach and doesn't have the authority Pete has. Baalke according to the rumors in the offseason, runs the show and has the luxury along with York to make these decisions without having to answer for them in the media.

The Okung situation was completely different. Okung and the Seahawks failed to have a deal in place as the first two weeks of practices concluded in mid-August.

Carroll never lambasted Okung for not living up to some idealized "Seahawks way," he merely expressed legitimate concern that the failure to sign was hurting the rookie's development. And history shows that it did, as Okung struggled though much of his rookie season after suffering injuries and slowly acclimating to the speed of the NFL level.

In the Harbaugh situation, he wasn't expressing concern for his players. He was chiding veteran players for asking for more money after multiple years under their belts as successful starters.

Has Carroll chided any of his players for asking for more money? Has he chided Marshawn Lynch for dissapointing him and not living up to the Seahawks way? The answer is no.

I believe the answer is yes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":2ep3308m said:
Simply not a good day down there.

"Not the decision I envision being the 49er way."
Attempting to borrow or emulate another team (Patriots) rather than be themselves is disquieting.

Matt MaioccoVerified account ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers just concluded a 2-hour, 20-minute practice. I'm having a difficult time coming up with any highlights. Not a lot happening.

Matt MaioccoVerified account ‏@MaioccoCSN

I'll try to come up with something overnight. It's going to take some creativity. But I'll post first thing in the morning. #49ers

Retweet
Favorite

Favorites 5
Kyle Breitkreutz Erick Barajas Quest4Six Scotty Mac ❕❕❕❕

5:26 PM - 17 Jun 2014

Sean Engel ‏@oldmanengel 11m

@MaioccoCSN Get hold of someone from TMZ to see how to make up a story out of nothing.
Details
Retweet
Favorite
Tom Wicks ‏@Enrico_Matassa 7m
Whoa there guys........ Is this guy a "whiner troll approved reporter"? Marvin or Popeye, is this guy on the list?