Harbaugh lashes out at Davis and Boone

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Like I said, I tried to follow the rules and say it belongs in the smack zone. If its a free for all on the insults of team to team then I am more than happy to oblige.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DrDix":2q6vxxiy said:
This is lashing out? The hell are you people smoking?

Don't let hate cloud yourself.

Not even close to 'lashing out'.

^ I agree. Definitely not lashing out.

Further, I think it's fair for a coach to not have an opinion about an alleged hit-and-run incident. As far Aldon Smith, I this isn't going to be a popular thing to say, but I don't see what he did as all that bad. He didn't actually have a bomb...he was just irritated with TSA and wanted to mess with them a bit. Stupid? Yes, but still a completely harmless act. The worst thing you can say about Smith is that he was being "uncooperative" with TSA and the police. Both of these incidents were unrelated to the actual organization other than the fact that they were players. Boone and Davis, on the other hand, are skipping out on a mandatory 49ers mini-camp...an actual function of the 49ers. I can see why Harbaugh, being the coach of the 49ers, is more vocal about this, as he is the person in charge of all this rather than a judge, jury, and police force.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I don't have a problem with Harbaugh defending the organization, nor do I have a problem with Carroll doing so. Coaches are the org, they front the org, they're "the man" along with the owner and the GM.

I also don't have a problem with players defending other players. They're the workers, and they should stick together.

The only time I have a problem is when the player who has already been paid sides with the org. Brett Favre did that to Javon Walker once, and I lost a ton of respect for him. That's classless to me unless the player is agreeing to give up some of his salary (not defer it; give it up) to the guy holding out. Otherwise, siding with the org makes you look like a toady and like a jackass that only cares about himself and not his teammates, who have a limited time to make good money just like you do.

Bob loblaw":6f7v5om2 said:
Like I said, I tried to follow the rules and say it belongs in the smack zone. If its a free for all on the insults of team to team then I am more than happy to oblige.

If only you could follow the rules of making a decent post every once in awhile.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2awpvkzd said:
loafoftatupu":2awpvkzd said:
Bob loblaw":2awpvkzd said:
Its sad that a troll has to be the voice of reason.

It is? What reason is that voice sharing? That's a GREAT one. Hahaha. The only reasonable Niner posters on this board have names like rlkats, Box916 and on occasion Marvin. Hang in there for a while and maybe you can make that club, but the rate you are going you will just be another excuse making, butt hurt DenialNiner.

This is a Seahawks board, it is going to have anti-Niner stuff on it. Learn to appreciate the sarcasm or just hang out with the other vision challenged DenialNiners.

I have to say for the most part the Niner fans on this site are more of the level headed sort.
I forgot about you SourPatch. You have moments of reason. I can appreciate it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think it was lashing out.. Most probably don't. I just enjoy Harbafreak using a phrase like "The 49er Way". Now that's entertainment right there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":7rxmj08d said:
I am just curious as to what the "49er way" is.

I would love to see that set of commandments.

"Thou shall not allow the prosecution to press charges at all costs"

"Thou shall not play in the starting lineup as a rookie unless there is no one else to do so"

"Thou shall not leave original license plates on vehicles involved a collision"

"Thou shall evade authorities following collision with other vehicle"

"Thou shall settle any internal disagreement with a beer bottle over the head"

"Thou shall not acknowledge defeat without first expressing what could have been".

"Thy fans shall deflect earthly reality into realm of the DenialZone"
Bro, stop being so wordy. You can sum up the 49ers fan base commandments with just one:

"Thou shall be a hypocrite."

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18widpll said:
Bro, stop being so wordy. You can sum up the 49ers fan base commandments with just one:

"Thou shall be a hypocrite."

Yeah.. I know, but I was trying to provide examples. I know you would get the simple statement and be able to understand, it was for those who don't.

Plus, I kept getting this image of Heston holding the stone tablets while saying it. Should have provided a visual.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think we need some Photoshop action, but I'm not at home and feeling too lazy to do it at the moment on top of that.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":g3xzu8wx said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000369077/article/pete-carroll-disappointed-in-marshawn-lynchs-holdout

So is this Pete lashing out and taking a page out of the Harbaugh coaching book by being disappointed?

At least this interview isn't as bad as the one where he says Lynch should honor his contract and get back to work. That's a funny statement coming from the guy who broke his contract with USC to coach the Seahawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3t57jq5g said:
At least this interview isn't as bad as the one where he says Lynch should honor his contract and get back to work. That's a funny statement coming from the guy who broke his contract with USC to coach the Seahawks.
I do believe there's a saying about throwing stones in glass houses or some such, yes?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4738884

Let's be realistic, here. I'm sure there's language in every college head coaching gig that lets a head coach leave to go to the NFL. Come on, bro. Plus, they'd still have penalized Carroll if they found him guilty of stuff regardless of the fact that he took an NFL head coaching job. I suppose you think just leaving a state gets the cops to drop charges against you if you were caught stealing cars or something too, yes? :lol:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3govsfie said:
lvnginhwktwn":3govsfie said:
I do believe there's a saying about throwing stones in glass houses or some such, yes?

Let's be realistic, here. I'm sure there's language in every college head coaching gig that lets a head coach leave to go to the NFL. Come on, bro. Plus, they'd still have penalized Carroll if they found him guilty of stuff regardless of the fact that he took an NFL head coaching job. I suppose you think just leaving a state gets the cops to drop charges against you if you were caught stealing cars or something too, yes? :lol:

Lynch just wants to know where he'll be after this season, can't blame the guy. I know Petes contract had an out, just sounds funny to hear him talk about honoring contracts.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3it5i3ms said:
Lynch just wants to know where he'll be after this season, can't blame the guy. I know Petes contract had an out, just sounds funny to hear him talk about honoring contracts.
I don't blame Lynch for trying this at all. I'll only blame him if he starts missing regular season games. I bet you probably can't find more than 3-4 NFL head coaches that haven't "broken" an employment contract before, however; if even that many.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":i01nkok6 said:
I think we need some Photoshop action, but I'm not at home and feeling too lazy to do it at the moment on top of that.

3 layers?
Ten Commandments base
Harbs Head on Heston's body.
Text in the tablets.

Yeah..I'm falling asleep just thinking about the touch up and blending.

I used to be so motivated with photoshop. I would put training wheels on all my friends Harley photos from Facebook. Then there was the Joey Porter era with the leg kick and his horse killing dogs.

Actually, it was porter riding the miniature horse with a leg kick.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":39c38kgi said:
RolandDeschain":39c38kgi said:

3 layers?
Ten Commandments base
Harbs Head on Heston's body.
Text in the tablets.

Yeah..I'm falling asleep just thinking about the touch up and blending.

agreed.......45 minutes..or so.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":122c23g2 said:
RolandDeschain":122c23g2 said:
lvnginhwktwn":122c23g2 said:

So if a team and a coach agree before the contract is signed to having an "out" in a contract you think that means the coach can't talk about honoring contracts? Do you realize that if the coach left he could still be honoring the contract since there was language in the contract allowing him to leave?

sc85sis

Reaction score
This is lashing out:
[youtube]wEVJyf0ft3I[/youtube]

Harbaugh can be a douche, and his "49er way" comment was over the top, but generally speaking, he didn't lash out at anyone here.

Latest posts