Has anyone found ANY talking head/expert/site predicting a W

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Hawk fans out there, but I don't understand the confusion on this.

Seriously, look at our road record, and to whom we lost. Then look at the offensive performances we've put up....in HALF of our road games, this team hasn't even scored a TD. We're fully 6 points below our offensive production at home.

Trend are trends. Not..."but jee whiz golly, look at what we did last game". Our trend is that our offense just plain sucks on the road. Other than the Detroit game, what upward trajectory have we shown, in ANY phase of the offense ?

Now we're going to a team that scores 35 a game at home, but has a bad defense. We're going to have to out score them..but wait, isn't this the team that only averages 16 ppg away from hom ?

I'm still curious as to why this is such a mystery. The fact that the line is only -4.5 is respect for our squad and the talent of this team. Lines are set for bettors. As a bettor, you're going to be on the most consistent team, as it gives the most predictable outcome. Yes, if our team plays well, we'll win. But we're too inconsistent. So you bet on the team that scores 35 ppg at home, against literally everyone.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
jdemps":3rtyqmj9 said:
hawkfan68":3rtyqmj9 said:
He's a "talking out of his bottom head" but Skip Bayless just picked the Seahawks to win....this might be the death nail or jinx to the Seahawks. Sorry I'm just a messenger so please don't flame me. I'm here so I won't get fined.
*Death Knell
grammar_nazi_ludwig_by_soviet_signal-d4aqrnt.jpg

Thank you sir. It is now corrected :).

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Nobody in the media picked the Seahawks to win at the Patriots and the Seahawks were 7.5 point underdogs. They are the only team to have gone in and beaten the Patriots at home.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks46":r30wd3oh said:
I'm one of the biggest Hawk fans out there, but I don't understand the confusion on this.

Seriously, look at our road record, and to whom we lost. Then look at the offensive performances we've put up....in HALF of our road games, this team hasn't even scored a TD. We're fully 6 points below our offensive production at home.

Trend are trends. Not..."but jee whiz golly, look at what we did last game". Our trend is that our offense just plain sucks on the road. Other than the Detroit game, what upward trajectory have we shown, in ANY phase of the offense ?

Now we're going to a team that scores 35 a game at home, but has a bad defense. We're going to have to out score them..but wait, isn't this the team that only averages 16 ppg away from hom ?

I'm still curious as to why this is such a mystery. The fact that the line is only -4.5 is respect for our squad and the talent of this team. Lines are set for bettors. As a bettor, you're going to be on the most consistent team, as it gives the most predictable outcome. Yes, if our team plays well, we'll win. But we're too inconsistent. So you bet on the team that scores 35 ppg at home, against literally everyone.

Yeah but east coast media bias league conspiracy all the refs hate us something something...................

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Biggest named guys picking us are Collinsworth and Seth Wickersham

http://nflpickwatch.com/

LeftHandSmoke":2agnux3n said:
Nobody in the media picked the Seahawks to win at the Patriots and the Seahawks were 7.5 point underdogs. They are the only team to have gone in and beaten the Patriots at home.

Maybe a good omen (not as good as a green walkie talkie) but Seth Wickersham picked us to beat the Patriots too.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
This must be how Detroit felt last week. Difference is, Detroit blows.

stizz19

Reaction score
The problem is people see Seattle, unless they go 16-0 as wildly inconsistent. They have been this year but the problem is they see Atlanta as being consistent therefore they are most likely to win. Doesn't make sense as Atlanta beat us by half a game.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
fenderbender123":kw7kbxbf said:
I really don't get it, either. We didn't have Kam when we played them last, and that's a bigger loss than Earl.

I mean I love kam too but I have to respectfully disagree, I feel Earl is more of a loss to us. I haven't seen kam lay the wood in a while, but every single time Earl can lay the wood he does

Expert Poster

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":g925i24i said:
A TV (non literal quote) from NFL -up to the minute- broadcast, the lady reporter/analyst? says "The Atlanta QB has completed passes to 13 different players this season, that shows his greatness, isn't that GOAT or what" (more or less + bla, bla, bla.). Expect to hear more of this leading up to and throughout the game.

According to the Seahawks website stats, RW has completed passes to 18 different players. Kind of a great example of blind and bias reporters talking one sided through their a$$, as usual.

She probably meant completed touchdown passes to 13 different players this season.

Rat

Reaction score
stizz19":vr09ewzq said:
The problem is people see Seattle, unless they go 16-0 as wildly inconsistent. They have been this year but the problem is they see Atlanta as being consistent therefore they are most likely to win. Doesn't make sense as Atlanta beat us by half a game.

If the Patriots and Panthers games had been late in the year, everyone would be picking us. Momentum is considered to be huge in the playoffs, and like it or not, Atlanta has played better as of late.

Wartooth

Reaction score
They all said we couldn't beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl...
Said that offense was just too damned good!
And Pay Pay was a god...
How'd that turn out?!
Go Hawks!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
stizz19":u47f075m said:

I dont get that either.

Our seasons were nearly identical....and Atlanta was no darling until just a few weeks ago.

Perception can be a strange thing sometimes.

Atlanta deserves to be favored because they are at home. And that is the only reason why.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I attribute the media bias in this matchup to a combination of East Coast audience catering, and to Flashy Passing gloss.

Brutal/Nasty Defense just isn't as sexy - except for to many of us Seahawks fans.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Atlanta fans must be concerned & worried as I see a lot of them commenting multiply here on almost every thread. All controversy over missed calls costing Atlanta the game is just BS & ancient history now that the playoffs are here.
Everything before the playoffs is just practice - for the eventual Superb Owl goal of the Seahawks. In nature, I think a Sea hawk would whip a$$ on a Falcon for whatever that is worth (makes as much sense as many posts I'm reading).

However, action trumps words, regardless of history from last week or several years ago. I kind of get the impression that a real danger for Atlanta may be their overconfidence going into this game. If everyone is expecting them to win, then -some of them- may think they can just mail it in. Everything in the regular season is practice until the playoff season begins and that is when the Seahawks rise to the occasion. Keep an eye on your 6 Atlanta, Bennett is coming and he's mad, very mad - and he's bringing his big brothers, and they are mad too.

Seymour

Reaction score
Another way to look at this. The Tards miss that last second field goal, then we switch places with Atlanta and they come here. We would be at least a 3 point favorite, and the masses would pick us.
The exact same teams, only difference is the missed field goal by the Tards.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
The last time I remember the 'Hawks being such universal underdogs was some years back.

Super Bowl XLVIII I think it was.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fc91de4 said:
Hawks46":3fc91de4 said:

Yeah but east coast media bias league conspiracy all the refs hate us something something...................

Something like that. Hey, at least we're not playing on grass. I read something that said we score almost 25ppg on the road on turf. So if we get the run game going, rest our pass rushers, and control the clock, it looks a lot better. But I still don't blame people for picking against us as bad as we've been at times on the road.

Also, bonus points for BUCK WILD !

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I was just going to post something similar.

I live and work in Florida right now, and absolutely no one down here is giving Seattle a chance. I've never seen a team improve so much over a week off as Atlanta. Apparently they're unstoppable now.

I offered up Frank Clark in defense of Seattle and he said, "Who?"

Lotta Falcons fans listening to their own hype will be left catching their heads tomorrow night, wondering what happened.