Has anyone found ANY talking head/expert/site predicting a W

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
cymatica":2f0ya8wc said:
fuego":2f0ya8wc said:
LeftHandSmoke":2f0ya8wc said:
The Swami called it for the Seahawks on ESPN just now, 29-27.

Matt Ryan's record in playoff games??

Wins: 1 Losses: 4

And if that is significant, then it's also significant who we beat in that one game. Wonder who that was?

And at least you'll still be able to say that when they go 1 - 5

The same Darrell Bevell that couldn't find a way to wind 40 seconds off the clock and score without allowing the other team an opportunity to march the ball down the field and get a game winning field goal? Hopefully he doesn't gift it away this time. GO SEAHAWKS!

Rat

Reaction score
Blindside":3a0kohxc said:
I'm glad there isn't any "expert" out there picking the seahawks:
You've clearly not read the thread you're commenting in; there are quite a few.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":80h73ykv said:
hawkfan68":80h73ykv said:
He's a "talking out of his bottom head" but Skip Bayless just picked the Seahawks to win....this might be the death knell or jinx to the Seahawks. Sorry I'm just a messenger so please don't flame me. I'm here so I won't get fined.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/818644476218310657[/tweet]
Gggggggggrrrrr! You make Skip change his mind NOW!!!!!!!! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":v18i7rq7 said:
fuego":v18i7rq7 said:
irocdave":v18i7rq7 said:
Some of the people on this thread have zero idea what media bias is. The Hawks have received their fair share of love from the media over the past 3 years, maybe even to much. There is a reason most people are picking the falcons over the hawks. This scenario isn't the same as a couple years ago when the hawks dismantled the donkies in the SB. If you don't know the difference you should slow your roll and listen more than talk. This years hawks have been radically inconsistent in every facet of play. Name one thing you can count on this year with the hawks that is positive and can be counted on game in any game. There are none.

I want the hawks to win, I think they will make this a close game and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they win, but I'm not expecting it this year. I don't hear any media types saying the falcons are the greatest team ever, just some but hurt overly sensitive hawk fans over exaggerating how the media is covering our team, for some reason these posters FEEL that this is what is being portrayed by said media. To these posters, you should have been around when what your feeling was actually happening. It isn't happening now, your just spoiled by the past 5 years of Seahawks success.

Wow. A level headed Seahawks fan. :2thumbs:

still waiting for the Falcon ones
Heck I'm just waiting for one to say the Julio Jones' "hands to the face" to Sherman should have been a penalty.

That's a pretty low bar to get over, and none have made it yet.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
irocdave":3dar9w97 said:
Some of the people on this thread have zero idea what media bias is. The Hawks have received their fair share of love from the media over the past 3 years, maybe even to much. There is a reason most people are picking the falcons over the hawks. This scenario isn't the same as a couple years ago when the hawks dismantled the donkies in the SB. If you don't know the difference you should slow your roll and listen more than talk. This years hawks have been radically inconsistent in every facet of play. Name one thing you can count on this year with the hawks that is positive and can be counted on game in any game. There are none.

I want the hawks to win, I think they will make this a close game and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they win, but I'm not expecting it this year. I don't hear any media types saying the falcons are the greatest team ever, just some but hurt overly sensitive hawk fans over exaggerating how the media is covering our team, for some reason these posters FEEL that this is what is being portrayed by said media. To these posters, you should have been around when what your feeling was actually happening. It isn't happening now, your just spoiled by the past 5 years of Seahawks success.

God I am so sick of these "spoiled" accusations that go on here sometimes. For one, we as a fan base, are going to criticize the team if it isn't playing well regardless of recent history. We want the team to win, that is the ultimate goal, it doesn't go away just because we have been successful. Could you imagine if the front office took such a degenerate attitude.

There are plenty of arguments for why Seattle can/should win this game but it so happens that very few are being made (from the national media). There is a legitimate annoyance from Seattle fans because of this, regardless of the reasons.

irocdave":3dar9w97 said:
The Hawks have received their fair share of love from the media over the past 3 years, maybe even to much.
Yeah give me a break. Easy declaration to make because it is nearly impossible to prove or disprove. I personally do not believe it though. Nice olive branch to the trolls.

fuego

Reaction score
http://nflpickwatch.com keeps up with all the picks from across the internet, 97 of them. Right now it's running 77% in favor of the Falcons. So out of every 4 picks, 3 are taking the Falcons. So 75 out of 97. So the consensus is heavily in favor of the Falcons.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm so glad so many are picking the Failcons. It will be that much sweeter after the Hawks win.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Largent80":13p31613 said:
I'm so glad so many are picking the Failcons. It will be that much sweeter after the Hawks win.

They've also been fooled into thinking Matt Ryan has the best QB stats this season. I'm pretty sure a guy named Drew Brees put up more yards, and nearly identical numbers in most categories. Gotta love the talking heads fueling the Hawks fire.

fuego

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3k2c82il said:
Largent80":3k2c82il said:

They've also been fooled into thinking Matt Ryan has the best QB stats this season. I'm pretty sure a guy named Drew Brees put up more yards, and nearly identical numbers in most categories. Gotta love the talking heads fueling the Hawks fire.

Well yes and no. You have to dig down into the stats.

Matt threw for 264 less yards than Brees, but on 98 less completions. So Matt was more efficient with a higher average per pass than Brees. And as everyone knows, Brees is the king of garbage time stats. There were two games this year Matt was pulled early. He passes 5k easily if he plays those games in full.

Ryan had one more TD, 38 to 37, but again, on 98 less completions. Brees had 15 INT to Matt's 7. Brees' passer rating, 101.7, Matt led the NFL with 117.1. Etc, etc, etc.

One has to look closer than just quoting stats blind. Just lazy posting there Sox-n-Hawks. ;)

nash72

Reaction score
Nobodys picking the Hawks because they dont deserve it. Lets be honest, the Falcons arent the Lions and the Hawks are pretty dismal on the road. I'm hopeful, but its going to be a hard task and i'm not expecting to win. I would be surprised if we do.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
According to the talking heads;No Earl=No win.
Crap, why the heck are we even playing this game then? No chance. Cannot win. :sarcasm_on:
I know Earl is/was very important. I wish he was healthy. I also wish the entire team is catching how the media thinks we don't have a chance.
Here's hoping a HUGE CHIP forms on every player.
GoHawks!!!

fuego

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1tqdelvw said:
Crap, why the heck are we even playing this game then?

I know, right? :mrgreen:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
fuego":2m5u4t2x said:
Seahwkgal":2m5u4t2x said:
Crap, why the heck are we even playing this game then?

I know, right? :mrgreen:
:roll:
Can any fellow Seahawk fans discuss this? Go away Troll! :177692:

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1ixhe9gh said:
A TV (non literal quote) from NFL -up to the minute- broadcast, the lady reporter/analyst? says "The Atlanta QB has completed passes to 13 different players this season, that shows his greatness, isn't that GOAT or what" (more or less + bla, bla, bla.). Expect to hear more of this leading up to and throughout the game.

According to the Seahawks website stats, RW has completed passes to 18 different players. Kind of a great example of blind and bias reporters talking one sided through their a$$, as usual.

The actual stat is Matt Ryan completed TOUCHDOWN passes to 13 different receivers in one season a feat never before accomplished in NFL history.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck will always be a Seahawk. He just made a homer pick for us to win. :2thumbs:

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vt4e2u5 said:
Smellyman":3vt4e2u5 said:
fuego":3vt4e2u5 said:
irocdave":3vt4e2u5 said:

Wow. A level headed Seahawks fan. :2thumbs:

still waiting for the Falcon ones
Heck I'm just waiting for one to say the Julio Jones' "hands to the face" to Sherman should have been a penalty.

That's a pretty low bar to get over, and none have made it yet.

By definition of the rules it was indeed a penalty as was the ensuing DPI by Sherman so it should have been offsetting penalties and replay the down. However I maintain that in real time there is not a ref in the league that would have called that on Julio or any other wide receiver. Sherman went to jam Julio at the line, Julio attempted to fight off the jam with a swim move and made accidental contact with Sherman's helmet. Watching the play in real time it happened so fast that it's easy to see how a ref could miss that call...The DPI there's no way the ref could have missed that call.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":gfe0r0si said:
A TV (non literal quote) from NFL -up to the minute- broadcast, the lady reporter/analyst? says "The Atlanta QB has completed passes to 13 different players this season, that shows his greatness, isn't that GOAT or what" (more or less + bla, bla, bla.). Expect to hear more of this leading up to and throughout the game.

According to the Seahawks website stats, RW has completed passes to 18 different players. Kind of a great example of blind and bias reporters talking one sided through their a$$, as usual.

Matt Ryan has completed TOUCHDOWN passes to 13 different receivers in a season. Hopefully that is what she was referring to.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3bxrv29w said:
cymatica":3bxrv29w said:
fuego":3bxrv29w said:
LeftHandSmoke":3bxrv29w said:
The Swami called it for the Seahawks on ESPN just now, 29-27.

Matt Ryan's record in playoff games??

Wins: 1 Losses: 4

And if that is significant, then it's also significant who we beat in that one game. Wonder who that was?

And at least you'll still be able to say that when they go 1 - 5

The same Darrell Bevell that couldn't find a way to wind 40 seconds off the clock and score without allowing the other team an opportunity to march the ball down the field and get a game winning field goal? Hopefully he doesn't gift it away this time. GO SEAHAWKS!

I hope your joking about Bevell scoring to quickly.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
getnasty":hv5ejh9k said:
Mike Rob and Malcom Jenkins just picked the Hawks.
Mike Rob is no surprise. Jenkins? :shock: