Has Greg Olsen opined on Wilson's struggle?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Olsen is a dexter wannabe moron...
He was twice all pro second team and 3xprobowl. He was also in our locker room. I disagreed with him but his opinion counts.

Very curious on what he got to say now though

olyfan63

Reaction score
Olsen was the one that added tons of credibility to Wilson's claims, all of those claims are looking very shaky if not outright proven wrong. Olsen bet all of his credibility on Wilson, love to see his response to Wilson's current struggle.
May not hear much from Olsen... Warning: *CONSPIRACY THEORY INCOMING*... Whatcha wanna bet that Pete Carroll bribed Greg Olsen to talk up Russell and bash Pete, as part of furthering the narrative to drive up Russell's trade value? Pete and John wrote a strong NDA into Olsen's contract, that he could only praise Russell and bash Pete, or he'd owe the Hawks money back. (He owes the Hawks money back for his play, but that's a diffferent topic...)

OK, so I don't seriously think that, but it makes a good story, could serve as clickbait somewhere, and it COULD be true in some unexpected way...

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
May not hear much from Olsen... Warning: *CONSPIRACY THEORY INCOMING*... Whatcha wanna bet that Pete Carroll bribed Greg Olsen to talk up Russell and bash Pete, as part of furthering the narrative to drive up Russell's trade value? Pete and John wrote a strong NDA into Olsen's contract, that he could only praise Russell and bash Pete, or he'd owe the Hawks money back. (He owes the Hawks money back for his play, but that's a diffferent topic...)

OK, so I don't seriously think that, but it makes a good story, could serve as clickbait somewhere, and it COULD be true in some unexpected way...
Olsen's opinions did drive up Wilson's trade value, I gave you that.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Olsen is a dexter wannabe moron...
Hey! I demand an apology for you attacking my man Michael C. Hall, he's a cancer survivor, and you just traumatized him!

Just kidding, enjoyed the show Dexter, and I don't think Mr. Hall reads Seahawks.net. He did wear a wig on Season 5 of Dexter because he lost his hair while going through chemo. So Olsen, in wannabe servitude to emulating Hall, now must shave his head and wear a wig on account of you... 😮

renofox

Reaction score
Olsen was frustrated that the Seahawks were "running a JV offense" and not putting in complex plays.

He blamed to coaching.

Maybe if interviewed now he would adjust his perspective and admit that the simple "JV offense" was actually a good coaching decision that allowed limited player(s) to be as successful as possible.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
IMHO, Olsen's football and human credibility are jeopardized at this point, he is looking silly for not getting the source ore core of problem after a year of up close and personal.

strohmin

Reaction score

I actually wouldn't put it past Pete. Remember how he said he wouldn't have lasted as the Seahawks coach if it wasn't for Wilson. That is a very fishy statement to make.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't put it past Pete. Remember how he said he wouldn't have lasted as the Seahawks coach if it wasn't for Wilson. That is a very fishy statement to make.
I do believe Pete orchestrated the boos, the hostile ex-teammates etc etc for the win on MNF, Pete knew that best way to get to Russ was his fragile psyche.

But getting Olsen to talk up Russ sounded a bit much :)

W

Welshers

They’re taking a day trip to Columbia for ayahuasca to try to reset Russell’s Wolverine power
Word on the street is they got some a brought it over to Russ... They said if you take this you will regain your peak form.

He refused and said it was a sin. He said Jesus is in him and that he couldn't take a devil's drug. He said Jesus was putting him through this tumultuous hardship to test him as a man. He said he never gives up and has faith that God will get him through these trying times... Not even Ciara and his 20 million dollar house can keep him happy when his public image is hurting.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Olsen was the one that added tons of credibility to Wilson's claims, all of those claims are looking very shaky if not outright proven wrong. Olsen bet all of his credibility on Wilson, love to see his response to Wilson's current struggle.
Olsen was talking about things then....it wasn't long ago but it is not now.

RW does have limitations however....as we know, they are shining through quite clearly. But he's also declined.

Donn2390

Reaction score
He was twice all pro second team and 3xprobowl. He was also in our locker room. I disagreed with him but his opinion counts.

Very curious on what he got to say now though
he may have had a good resume but he was a bust in Seattle so what he says about Pete's offense is just sour grapes stated to make him look like less of a failure in the NW..

olyfan63

Reaction score
he may have had a good resume but he was a bust in Seattle so what he says about Pete's offense is just sour grapes stated to make him look like less of a failure in the NW..
Bingo! Olsen was bitter that he wasn't targeted much as a TE and decided to blame Pete instead of Russell, that Russell was just following Pete's orders.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Olsen was frustrated that the Seahawks were "running a JV offense" and not putting in complex plays.

He blamed to coaching.

Maybe if interviewed now he would adjust his perspective and admit that the simple "JV offense" was actually a good coaching decision that allowed limited player(s) to be as successful as possible.
(Color and boldface emphasis added by me)

I see what you did there.

Latest posts