Hawks @ 26th

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":30dj0in1 said:
Let me guess who had the best offseason? Jerry Jones? The genius owner whose team won’t even win the NFC Least, let alone sniff a Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, the perennial 8-8, 9-7 team that’s misses the playoffs every other year but is always given an “A” for every draft.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KinesProf":224qqvdy said:
SoulfishHawk":224qqvdy said:
Good point. They could draft a Kicker in the 1st round, and the media would be all over the Cowboy sack.....

Can knock the Cowboys for a lot of things, drafting probably isn't one of those things. The media has been right to praise their drafting, as they have been objectively very very good in recent years.

Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard, T Smith, Martin, Frederick, Lawrence, J Smith, LVE, Awuzie, B Jones, Woods. They just got Ceedee Lamb and Trevon Diggs. Were proactive in getting La'el Collins as a udfa.
And they haven’t won a super bowl since 1995 or 1996. Their talent level is over rated big time.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
it's apparent that main stream sports/entertainment are rooting for the Hawks to fail again. The Hawks will be better on D this year even without Clowney. The OL is going to be brand knew it looks like ;but the overall offense looks sound . If the D improves just a little the Hawks can take another shot at the division title . 26th...that's BS .

Maulbert

Reaction score
xray":1ovb358k said:
it's apparent that main stream sports/entertainment are rooting for the Hawks to fail again. The Hawks will be better on D this year even without Clowney. The OL is going to be brand knew it looks like ;but the overall offense looks sound . If the D improves just a little the Hawks can take another shot at the division title . 26th...that's BS .

It's not a power ranking.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Maulbert":15jegixv said:
xray":15jegixv said:

Are you really this dense? It's not a power ranking.
Obviously trying to be positive sucks ...moving on...

Maulbert

Reaction score
xray":38dmynp2 said:
Maulbert":38dmynp2 said:
xray":38dmynp2 said:

Are you really this dense? It's not a power ranking.
Obviously trying to be positive sucks ...moving on...

I AM positive. You're spinning this article as though it were a power ranking. It's not, it says such IN THE ARTICLE, which I suspect you didn't read fully in your rush to be offended by it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Makes no difference to me. The Hawks could literally be the 26th ranking and end up in the Super Bowl or just making a run at it.

Never appreciated any of that. I just love it when the team does what they were told they cannot do.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Reading comprehension guys hahaha. They ranked us 26th place in free agency/draft this year, which is a perfect ranking imo. Our defensive line has not improved on paper after finishing 31st last year in the league, and that's not good.

Largent80

Reaction score
26th worst. That coincides with our defense last year. Since we have done almost nothing other than rookies so far it's pretty spot on.

We are worse on paper than last year on D. Paper is paper though and the one aspect they DID improve was depth on BOTH sides of the ball.

flv

Reaction score
The Seahawks Over/Under win total at Pinnacle is currently:
Over 9.5 wins -101
Under 9.5 wins -118

There are only 7 teams quoted by that outlet who are expected to win more games or who are a shorter price, (more likely), at Over 9.5 wins. Unfortunately 5 of those teams are in the NFC.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
26th is reasonable as far as the offseason goes. Our offseason quite frankly has been god awful. We've gotten worse on offensive line with the departure of Britt, and we didn't do much about or defensive line, in fact we got worse overall here. Our secondary moves were also thwarted by extra-curricular activity. We also did not address our RB issue. Penny could be gone for most of the season, and Carson himself is coming off of injury and has yet to stay healthy for an entire season. Homer, and Dallas are both change of pace backs, and in Dallas's case he is extremely raw. We're screwed if Carson gets injured.

Irvin was a nice addition but he is a downgrade from Clowney. Irvin is also more of a role player pass rusher, he really is a one trick pony as pass rusher. He can also play LB so there is that.

Teahawks

Reaction score
Winner of the off-season is often the loser of the real thing. Just ask the Dream Team Eagles.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone is surprised at a pow "off season" ranking. It's not like most of us have been overly impressed.
We still aren't sure about the pass rush. We don't know if we have upgraded or downgraded the OL. We don't know if the dunbar thing will blow over or turn into a long suspension and jail time.

Lots of question marks for sure. That being said, I trust Wilson to keep the offence competitive and Carroll to keep his guys motivated and that's really what has sustained this team over the last 5 years despite numerous "questionable" offseasons.

edogg23

Reaction score
What have the Seahawks done this off season that should put them better than 26th for their offseason moves? Seems fair to me.