Hawks dump Ireland

olyfan63

Reaction score
mikeak":2cmbeyxh said:
I don't think the Miami team is as bad as it has looked. Just didn't get a good qb in there.

That not-so-good QB (Tannehill) managed to smoke our defense in 2012 as a rookie.
I'd say the jury is still out on Tannehill as an NFL QB. This year, Tannehill's third year, is where he should be showing us what he's got. As a rookie, he did this against us:

"Tannehill (moved) the Dolphins 65 yards in six plays to set up a 43-yard field goal by Dan Carpenter at the final gun, and they rallied to beat Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks 24-21 Sunday."
"The Dolphins overcame a seven-point deficit twice in the fourth quarter behind Tannehill's masterful performance; he went 7-of-9 passing (one spike) for 156 yards and a touchdown, leading three scoring drives in the final 15 minutes of regulation."
From: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321125015

I don't know the Dolphins well enough to say if their O-Line is crap and they have no running game and crappy pass-pro. I just know that on that day, Tannehill smoked a pretty good NFL defense when the game was on the line.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1pm5hbw6 said:
Perhaps all the though police in this thread can start another thread, one where we can all say nice things about Tim Ruskell. Ireland=Ruskell. I'm glad both are gone.

In this lifetime I will never say much positive about Ruskell, He was never that good as a GM, was early give a lot more credit than he deserved, had many blind spots, and destroyed a good team by allowing his ego to refuse to work with other huge egos he had to deal with. The best thing about Timmay is he's no longer here.

In the end the thread is about Ireland and although I was never excited about him being here given his history, we do need to acknowledge he had some talent at assessing young players. In the end he likely wasn't a good fit here and the team has talented guys ready to step forward within the operation. I do think the team will miss Scott McL. who seems to have some personal demons he needs to deal with. I hope he is successful in addressing those problems and comes back as he is a genuinelyk talented personnel guy.