Hawks give Jared Allen a contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jared Allen heads home. After what were termed “good discussions” with #Seahawks, they made an offer. He’ll consider, decide this weekend

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1m
Jared Allen will mull the Seahawks' offer, as well as some others, and make a decision this weekend, agent Ken Harris says.

mikeak

Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter·48s
Jared Allen's agent, Ken Harris, texted his client will "consider Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend."

mikeak

Reaction score
So this sounds like Jared said Seahawks - agent wants more money (his job) and just trying to push it to more. Probably nets him $500k but never know.....

Joey13091

Reaction score
Well come on. His second visit. All reports is things are good. I think he's ours. I hate this anticipation and waiting around this time of year.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora: Allen's wife, Amy, accompanied him on this second trip to Seattle. Seahawks are very interested in getting this done. Stay tuned

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It will happen. Just not as soon as we all want it to...but I have no doubt he will be a Seahawk

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm glad we're not backing up the truck to pay the guy, obviously we are trying to make him an offer we can live with and not break the bank - and I'm 100% ok with that. I mean, as long as we sign him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I wonder if Pete refused to play Ted Nugent during practice at a 1:5 ratio...

mikeak

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":mtjuoypg said:
@JasonLaCanfora: Allen's wife, Amy, accompanied him on this second trip to Seattle. Seahawks are very interested in getting this done. Stay tuned

You don't bring your wife unless you are deciding. That is like the wife going to an open house and you go with her the second time if you guys are actually interested in buying the house.....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not sure how they let him walk out the door a second time without either agreeing to terms or pulling the offer. His wife was even there for the obligatory photo opp in Schneider's office.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":e3pyzsgq said:
So much ado about nothing?

For now, yes.

Kinda worries me that nothing was finalized today. It might mean the two sides were further away then both thought.

If Allen's "mulling over his options," then that tells us he didn't get the money he wanted and is mulling over whether to accept a lower number to continue playing. But again, shouldn't he have known the Hawks numbers before flying out here?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1lepjtkw said:
Not sure how they let him walk out the door a second time without either agreeing to terms or pulling the offer. His wife was even there for the obligatory photo opp in Schneider's office.

Yea, pretty surprising. They must be bargaining hard. Hope they can land him.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hawknballs":20ohna07 said:
I'm glad we're not backing up the truck to pay the guy, obviously we are trying to make him an offer we can live with and not break the bank - and I'm 100% ok with that. I mean, as long as we sign him.

It is encouraging that we aren't pulling a Grant Wistrom and he has no choice but to sign such a big offer. It appears we are at least being prudent

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Feels like Melton all over again, also F*** ESPN I flipped on saw Allen was a " Seahawk " now this happens.

drdiags

Reaction score
The reporters trying to stay close to the story inadvertently jump to conclusions and gets folks fired up. Twitter is cool for quick up to date speculations but these guys need to chill on trying to be the first one to tweet/report something. Until you see a picture of Allen signing with some TBD team (here or some place else), this just goes to show buyer beware. If this were SOS, I would be feeling like Charlie Brown about now.

Sorry for the fans that got excited. Hopefully the weekend brings you the news you want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.