Hawks give Jared Allen a contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol I fall for this Twitter trap every single time.

253hawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":11ip0hpg said:
It will happen. Just not as soon as we all want it to...but I have no doubt he will be a Seahawk

We have a ton of elk and deer up here, and finally some Cabela's stores. He'll love it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SuperFreak":2gai03mx said:
Feels like Melton all over again, also F*** ESPN I flipped on saw Allen was a " Seahawk " now this happens.

Yeah ESPN reported it was a done deal, not they are having to backtrack like crazy. Shefter really blew his horn early on this one.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m
Jared Allen leaving 2nd visit with Seahawks without signing, promises team to further consider offer and decide over weekend.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The money has been talked about and decided. That's what his agent is for. Not sure why Allen flies into Seattle a second time unless it's to sign. He's already been pitched from an organizational standpoint. He's being wishy-washy. At this point, the only thing left to consider is if he really wants to play in Seattle.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":jqt9zpxg said:
The money has been talked about and decided. That's what his agent is for. Not sure why Allen flies into Seattle a second time unless it's to sign. He's already been pitched from an organizational standpoint. He's being wishy-washy. At this point, the only thing left to consider is if he really wants to play in Seattle.

You would have to think that the money was about done before he got here again... but then again... I don't know why he would be leaving without signing? I don't think the money was actually there.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
drdiags":1pq38ugl said:
The reporters trying to stay close to the story inadvertently jump to conclusions and gets folks fired up. Twitter is cool for quick up to date speculations but these guys need to chill on trying to be the first one to tweet/report something. Until you see a picture of Allen signing with some TBD team (here or some place else), this just goes to show buyer beware. If this were SOS, I would be feeling like Charlie Brown about now.

Sorry for the fans that got excited. Hopefully the weekend brings you the news you want to hear.

Yeah it's been especially bad this off season, all this speculation gets reported as news and seems like every other report is premature or wrong. But the twitter wars have been fun (Florio vs. Rapopart,etc.).

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":11ifdw1t said:

Or they got a last minute offer from another team?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Boy, Jared Allen is an irritating dude. Do you want the money or not? No one else is offering you anything.

At this point, I'd love him because we only have Mayowa on the other side right now and this is no draft for edge rushers, but he's being quite tiresome. You know the offer, take it or reject it already.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Laloosh":1l26g817 said:
DavidSeven":1l26g817 said:

Or they got a last minute offer from another team?

That's possible. But that definitely ain't good news either.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":51evj5ny said:
SuperFreak":51evj5ny said:
Feels like Melton all over again, also F*** ESPN I flipped on saw Allen was a " Seahawk " now this happens.

Yeah ESPN reported it was a done deal, not they are having to backtrack like crazy. Shefter really blew his horn early on this one.

Yup that's what I am talking about, not someone tweeting it was close or whatever this was on ESPN as a done deal with Mark Burnell giving his opinions on him coming to the Seahawks.

Burnell is terrible by the way he went onto say that the proposed Navarro Bowman rule is a good idea but the Niners were fortunate as they went on to win that game anyways. :roll:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":vrbto4ao said:
Boy, Jared Allen is an irritating dude. Do you want the money or not? No one else is offering you anything.

At this point, I'd love him because we only have Mayowa on the other side right now and this is no draft for edge rushers, but he's being quite tiresome. You know the offer, take it or reject it already.

Oh come on... really? You're mad at a guy because he's taking his time with a multi million dollar contract?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot understand why he'd fly out a second time (with his wife) if they weren't 95%+ of the way there for a contract. Makes no sense. I really want to know what happened

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1eyjumi9 said:
So now the constant refreshing and twitter checking will continue through the weekend.

Alerts are your friend...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":38aoaydr said:

What this tells me is Allen and his agent want other teams to know this is their LAST chance to get in on him. "Hey everybody, 2nd visit to Seattle! Last chance to make us a better offer or else we're signing with Seattle by Saturday!"

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1n9s7383 said:
So now the constant refreshing and twitter checking will continue through the weekend.

^^ :13: Agreed this right here.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
“Got to Seattle last night with Jared, [his wife] Amy, and his family,” Allen’s agent Ken Harris told PFT. “We had a great time meeting everyone during this visit. After some good discussions with the front office today, Jared and Amy are going to consider the Seahawks offer along with the others, and make a decision this weekend.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-weekend/

CANHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":16b8k1g3 said:
For the life of me I cannot understand why he'd fly out a second time (with his wife) if they weren't 95%+ of the way there for a contract. Makes no sense. I really want to know what happened

This is huge. Buddy of mine used to be a car salesman. He always said he went straight to the guys who were there with their wives because THEY were the ones who were ready to buy. Once wifey signs off, they're clear to proceed with making a deal. So if wifey came and checked out the town etc, we're probably in pretty good shape...

Status
Not open for further replies.