Hawks open as 10 point dogs to 49ers

W

Welshers

I try not to gamble but I feel like that's a lot of disrespect from Vegas... and that +400 money-line has some value

Chapow

Reaction score
We lost by 20 @SF earlier this season. Our offense scored 0 points. It really wasn't even a competitive game.

We did a little better at home, but still lost by 8 and didn't even score a TD until there was less than 4 minutes remaining in the game.

Our offense scored a grand total of 13 points against SF in 2 games.

I dunno man. If you think 10 point underdogs is disrespectful, what do you think it should be and why?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
We lost by 20 @SF earlier this season. Our offense scored 0 points. It really wasn't even a competitive game.

We did a little better at home, but still lost by 8 and didn't even score a TD until there was less than 4 minutes remaining in the game.

Our offense scored a grand total of 13 points against SF in 2 games.

I dunno man. If you think 10 point underdogs is disrespectful, what do you think it should be and why?

Its not that its hard to see us losing by 10

Its just an unusually large line for a playoff game IMO

mrblitz

Reaction score
well they're saying sf is around a td better... they generally give 3 or 3.5 to the home team, then base their prediction from there... maybe they don't do the '-3 thing' for chargers' home games...

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Seems about right to me. Let's not forget we just played the Jets and Rams to win our last two games. With both teams getting really bad QB play.

hoxrox

Reaction score
That sounds right. We don’t match up well against this iteration of the 9ers at all.

Just hoping for a competitive game and not an embarrassing one.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I have no idea how to bet football games. I can give a course on how to handicap and bet the ponies but I’m clueless about how to make a bet on teams. I would love to make a wager on Seattle but I have no idea how to do it. You would think team betting would be easier but where does one begin how to learn? I can read a Racing form like nothing but I have been doing it for decades. Multiple different wagers too. Any experts here that can lead me the way. I have 50$ to use at BetUS.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I think that is the explanation Vegas tells the people to push the idea they don't want every penny. Vegas isn't involved for small better's fee...they want the big change.

There are websites that tell how the public betted. 90% of the time, Vegas wins those games and the majority of people lose.

If I wasn't already a multi $5-aire, I would watch those sites and bet against the public.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't think 10 is disrespectful at all based on how both teams have matched up. Hawks only hope is to play totally lose with no pressure and hope that despite how well he's done till now, the playoff stage gives Purdy the jitters and he makes mistakes.

Pete needs to look at how Detroit played Sunday night and even what he did last year and get bold and steal a possession etc, like the fake punt last year. No point playing scared. Go right after them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. If they play not to lose they've already lost. Go out and have fun, the pressure is on THEM not us. Play loose, throw some fun trick plays in at appropriate times and let the chips fall where they may.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
seems right to me. We have shown that the 9ers are in a completely different class than the hawks. Mediocre VS elite.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I think that is the explanation Vegas tells the people to push the idea they don't want every penny. Vegas isn't involved for small better's fee...they want the big change.

There are websites that tell how the public betted. 90% of the time, Vegas wins those games and the majority of people lose.

If I wasn't already a multi $5-aire, I would watch those sites and bet against the public.
That’s odds 101. The same thing goes at the racetrack. The favorite(chalk, as we call it)is favored for a reason. A horse that is 2-1 usually wins for a reason. That’s why I try to hit an exotic wager. My personal favorite is the trifecta. I always try to find an overlay(a horse whose odds are too high for its true ability.). I won huge on the Kentucky Oaks this year for that very reason. I bet the two favorites to come in 1,2. They did but the huge overlay was a filly who was 50-1. She should have been less than 12-1. I threw her in for the 3rd place spot. Cha,ching! 1,500$ on a 6$ wager.
Team Sports betting is completely different in its terminology. It’s the same principle but the terminology has me totally confused. I’m used to reading odds and not the numbers they use. So confusing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Down to 9.5. If the weather is crap and it's raining all day, will be very interesting how this game plays out. Both teams can run the ball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It happens, Sometimes you just have a sh** Sammich.

The Hawks lost to LAS VEGAS, CAROLINA, TB, NEW ORLEANS and ATLANTA :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

94Smith

Reaction score
I agree. If they play not to lose they've already lost. Go out and have fun, the pressure is on THEM not us. Play loose, throw some fun trick plays in at appropriate times and let the chips fall where they may.
I think a half back pass on the goal line is a good idea. Get dj Dallas to throw it 😁