Hawks open as 10 point dogs to 49ers

knownone

Reaction score
After rewatching the previous two matchups, I feel more confident in our chances. My biggest takeaway was that the talent gap is not as large as the discipline/experience gap. When we don't make dumb mistakes, our defense can hang with their offense. Not having Brooks sucks. Muse isn't quite as nimble in space, and the Niners will look to exploit him with misdirection. However, Abrams has been a revelation at nickel, at least in run defense, so hopefully, he can help offset the loss of Brooks.

The most important thing for the offense is not getting down early. Our offensive line is elite when they can wear on guys in the running game. So keep it close, keep pounding it, and the Niners will break.

It'll be tough to win. The Niners are a great team and we're still inconsistent. But if our young guys can keep it together and play to their potential, don't be shocked if we steal this one.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Its just an unusually large line for a playoff game IMO
The Bills are 13 point favorites from what I can find.

The Wild Card games last year had a 8.5 point differential between Bucs and Eagles and a 13 point differential between the Chiefs and Steelers. Three Wild Card games from 2020 were 7, 8.5, and 9.5.