DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Got my tickets.... Tad chilly....
8da1c82426a0e30f8bd96e61e9cafd92.jpg

blue 22

Reaction score
rideaducati":35bmit0j said:
Seahwkgal":35bmit0j said:
I don't think early starts matter to this team anymore. Really, they have time to prepare for it. Not worried in the least. I would much rather have them playing on that field than FedEx.

These early starts don't matter to the Seahawks, but drinking beer at 10:00 am sucks...I'm not even through my morning coffee yet.

TRUUUUUUUUUUE :thirishdrinkers:

Gives you time to sober up so you can make it to work on monday though!

mikeak

Reaction score
rideaducati":1fxo258u said:
mikeak":1fxo258u said:
I really hope they stay on the east-coast this time. Fly straight to Charlotte / somewhere around there where people won't pull the fire alarm but you are on EST

Minnesota isn't on the East coast and the team shouldn't change their habits in the playoffs. Stick with what has worked which is going home between games.

Correct. So let me re-phrase to say stay towards the East-coast and don't return home

OpHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3ai9l5n4 said:
Or the 5 or was it six interception game against the Giants.

The point is..... This would never be allowed if it were a timezone disadvantage for east team traveling west. As fan of a west coast team we are getting screwed by this repeatedly, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. The facts remain.

I've never been one to continue to take a shot in the junk and not gripe about it. To each his own i guess...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
can't control this shit...if they wanted a 1 pm start they should have won the division...stop looking for scapegoats...

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OpHawk":180amxa0 said:
chris98251":180amxa0 said:
Or the 5 or was it six interception game against the Giants.

The point is..... This would never be allowed if it were a timezone disadvantage for east team traveling west. As fan of a west coast team we are getting screwed by this repeatedly, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. The facts remain.

I've never been one to continue to take a shot in the junk and not gripe about it. To each his own i guess...
Well said. It would be bullshit if it was AZ, SF, SD, Oak too.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets just say that we have no excuses period, if we wanted a easier road we should have taken care of business when it was in our control.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":1qkb1zwa said:
Lets just say that we have no excuses period, if we wanted a easier road we should have taken care of business when it was in our control.
And that is for sure a fair point. But the league puts west coast teams at a disadvantage most of the time and that can't be denied either.

OpHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1yddb2sh said:
OpHawk":1yddb2sh said:
re-read above post
I got your gist. West coast teams are at a disadvantage and that would not be allowed for Eastern teams.

Sorry that was for the guy above you.

When people fall back to "you shoulda won your division" they are totally sidestepping the issue.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
how so? they have two game times that start the same every year..Seattle finished on the bottom of the conference. Just be happy it is not a Saturday game.

chris98251

Reaction score
OpHawk":qx7qu7at said:
hawksfansinceday1":qx7qu7at said:
OpHawk":qx7qu7at said:
re-read above post
I got your gist. West coast teams are at a disadvantage and that would not be allowed for Eastern teams.

When people fall back to "you shoulda won your division" they are totally sidestepping the issue.

Were a West Coast team, it didn't stop us from getting to the Super Bowl 3 times in history, you work to compensate for the time zone. The NFL has more Eastern teams that have bigger market shares then the West, were number 13 or 12 last time I checked, the money is on East coast telecasts.

The world isn't fair and even less when your talking about Money.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Didn't we beat up Minnesota and Baltimore on the road at 10 am in the past month? Although in a loss, didn't we dominate the Bengals for 3 quarters?

I like this team because they don't make these excuses. They seem to want to play any team, any place, any time.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1xdslsvw said:
how so? they have two game times that start the same every year..Seattle finished on the bottom of the conference. Just be happy it is not a Saturday game.

There is ONE pacific team in the round. Surely they could have given them the late game for sportsmanship evenness.

Compare this to Soccer World Cup where all four teams in each group plays at the same time to ensure equal footing and inability to play off the results of others. They would make more money spreading the games out but they elect not to do so because it is the right thing to do.

mikeak

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":36xbfig0 said:
Didn't we beat up Minnesota and Baltimore on the road at 10 am in the past month? Although in a loss, didn't we dominate the Bengals for 3 quarters?

I like this team because they don't make these excuses. They seem to want to play any team, any place, any time.

I am not worried about the first game as much as doing it back to back weeks

Regardless the stats support that there is an actual disadvantage. So why not equal the playing field?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IMO, Seattle has been better on the road, no matter the start time, than at the clink.

OpHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":28z9rvd4 said:
OpHawk":28z9rvd4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":28z9rvd4 said:
OpHawk":28z9rvd4 said:
re-read above post

Were a West Coast team, it didn't stop us from getting to the Super Bowl 3 times in history, you work to compensate for the time zone. The NFL has more Eastern teams that have bigger market shares then the West, were number 13 or 12 last time I checked, the money is on East coast telecasts.

The world isn't fair and even less when your talking about Money.

And I agree 100% with all your points. I'm just asking that we acknowledge what is going on here and can say it.

Yes, we are getting screwed. If the power resided on the west coast, 10 am games would not exist. Period