Hawks play Sunday at 10:00 AM

Boom84

Reaction score
cesame":14i5wmkh said:
CX2Z2MyUMAA7DYY

Ridiculous.

Hard, but not impossible. It only looks bad as AZ is the #2 and losing a day with an evening start wouldn't be bad given it's a short trip down the coast over a potential trip to GB, MIN, or even an NFC East team had they secured the #2 seed.

In any case, I always the best teams are equipped to handle anything so if the Seahawks are good enough, they'll handle this as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Saying that the West is at a disadvantage is a given and has been discussed here more times then I dare to even attempt to remember over the existence of this franchise. I guess due to that the team knows, we know, media knows, the NFL offices know and not one thing will be done to fix it until we get a West Coast Commissioner that would sympathize with it.

Boom84

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3klayrs6 said:
Didn't we beat up Minnesota and Baltimore on the road at 10 am in the past month? Although in a loss, didn't we dominate the Bengals for 3 quarters?

I like this team because they don't make these excuses. They seem to want to play any team, any place, any time.

Totally agree with you here. The Seahawks must play the hand they are dealt and if good enough they'll handle it. No excuses.

OpHawk

Reaction score
I guess I feel like raising a stink about does more than not. I mean if no one ever acknowledged it then we would be guaranteeing things to never change. I don't see the wisdom in that. Use your voice.

Rob12

Reaction score
mikeak":2pa9ljve said:
Rob12":2pa9ljve said:
Let's not use this excuse anymore. If that's when the Hawks play, that just means that we'll get most of Sunday to celebrate.

1) Travel time spent on a plane flying back and forth

2) Time change

3) Week 2 going up against a team on a bye week....

Not en excuse but true hurdles to get over

I get that, I really do. But this team is different than Seahawks teams past that struggled in these types of games. I don't think it affects them as much as we think. They went to Minnesota a few weeks back and laid waste to them on a 10 AM start.

It's not ideal, I get that... But this team is going to be focused, and I don't see it being the big deal that many fans will make it out to be. Is it fair? No, not really. But I've long thought the NFL will do what they feel they need to do to keep the team from Alaska from stealing their goal of parity away. The NFL wants parity, unless of course you're a historical franchise (Packers, Steelers, etc). This is another middle finger to the PNW, but I don't care. We'll come out on top.

OpHawk

Reaction score
I still like our odds. I feel like we have the best team in the playoffs. It's just infuriating to me that from the 1st wildcard game all the way to the Bowl, there are only two 10 am starts, and we've been dealt both of them.

Rob12

Reaction score
Nothing really concerns me about this game. If anything comes close to it, it'll be the bone chilling temperatures at kickoff. I can't recall a game the Seahawks have played in temperatures that cold. But even then, I still like us by a couple scores in this game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty sure the last time we played the Vikings at 10AM PST it didn't work out so well for the Vikings.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":24ggvzxk said:
Saying that the West is at a disadvantage is a given and has been discussed here more times then I dare to even attempt to remember over the existence of this franchise. I guess due to that the team knows, we know, media knows, the NFL offices know and not one thing will be done to fix it until we get a West Coast Commissioner that would sympathize with it.
I wonder if there's 2 teams in LA next year (hopefully one of them is a certain Central Time Zone team at present) if that changes things. The league will desperately want the LA teams to succeed so they stay there for the long haul (decades).

Rob12

Reaction score
OpHawk":duanmnsx said:
I still like our odds. I feel like we have the best team in the playoffs. It's just infuriating to me that from the 1st wildcard game all the way to the Bowl, there are only two 10 am starts, and we've been dealt both of them.

I know it's already been said, but the Seahawks have kind of put themselves in that position. This isn't a 10 win team. They're much better than that but they didn't take care of business early on and gave up too many leads in the fourth quarter, and it cost them games. When you're the No. 6 seed, it's not going to be easy, and it's not supposed to be.

I get what you're saying that it sucks. But I think the guys in the locker room would say the same thing. This team should have won 12-14 games this season.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I will be in Minnesota this weekend working just bought my ticket .
Suppose to be 16 f by kickoff .

GO HAWKS.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rob12":1czh1b40 said:
This team should have won 12-14 games this season.

Without a doubt. We all know it. The players especially. We could have EASILY been 14-2 this year had we taken care of business like we all expected.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":2f8k22t0 said:
I will be in Minnesota this weekend working just bought my ticket .
Suppose to be 16 f by kickoff .

GO HAWKS.
I'm jealous. Have fun and stay warm (I think coffee and hot choco work way better than booze).

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
For the record we are 8-8 in 10 am games since the beginning of 2012. Interestingly, the 49ers during that timeframe (minus this year) were 10-2.

I think it will be glorious when we take out the trash the next two weeks.

Lastly, if we don't want anymore of these 10 am playoff games - it is pretty simple - beat the Rams and finish off the games against the Panthers and Bengals.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2idq0wd1 said:
Cyrus12":2idq0wd1 said:
.......Just be happy it is not a Saturday game.
I am and I predicted it would be and even started a thread saying so. Tasty crow.

I ain't complaining either. We've played each of the potential NFC teams already. The coaches know their tendencies and should be able to come up with an excellent game plan. If we play to our potential, then we win every game. I figure that the Viks are at a disadvantage as we will have returning players that will further tip the tables in our direction.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Everyone bitching about the time slot.. there's an easy solution for this..

Don't be the Wild Card team. Be a Top 2 seed. Then your games are at home and the time is better.

All that said, the 10 AM thing is no longer the issue it once was. This team knows what it will take.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
Man i was hoping for Saturday...I'll be on a flight Sunday morning (take off 30 minutes before kickoff :34853_doh: )

Anyone know if Sunday Ticket streaming includes the playoffs? Maybe I can use my friend's subscription on the plane with overpriced wifi.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seattlesportsfan24":11y099gc said:
Man i was hoping for Saturday...I'll be on a flight Sunday morning (take off 30 minutes before kickoff :34853_doh: )

Anyone know if Sunday Ticket streaming includes the playoffs? Maybe I can use my friend's subscription on the plane with overpriced wifi.

Sunday Ticket is done for the season now. Might want to double check your airline to see if they offer in-flight TV .. I know Southwest has a few channels and JetBlue has DirecTV .. the game is on NBC so if your flight has TV you should be ok

Rob12

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":tm2r59f5 said:
Lastly, if we don't want anymore of these 10 am playoff games - it is pretty simple - beat the Rams and finish off the games against the Panthers and Bengals.

Exactly. That's four wins right there that should have been had - quite easily, too. The team really took a giant 4th Quarter dump in those games.

That's 14 wins.