Hawks should impose a deadline w/ Kam

Reaction score
You guys are surprised he's blocking you for berating him and generally acting like a bunch of little kids?

Wow... Just leave the dude alone. Let him continue doing what he thinks is best for his career and livelihood.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If he's ready to give up on the team, then fans giving up on him should be expected. If he honestly thought fans would be supportive of him holding out and possibly jeopardizing the entire season, thats on him.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
QuickLightning":wptb0iyr said:
You guys are surprised he's blocking you for berating him and generally acting like a bunch of little kids?

Wow... Just leave the dude alone. Let him continue doing what he thinks is best for his career and livelihood.

Lol, Many of you like to use words like "berating" and "harassing" like you even know what transpired. Believe it or not, athletes can be just as childish and immature as the rest of us little people. ;)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
blkhwk":2oekhn10 said:
I've mentioned former Bears safety Todd Bell in a previous post regarding Kam. For those who aren't aware of this situation..... Bell was an all pro SS for the Bears in '84 who decided to hold out in '85 for more money. The Bears called his bluff, let him sit, played an unknown named Dave Duerson at SS. Bears win the SB, Duerson becomes an all pro, Bell never regains his starting spot, get traded and is never a pro bowl caliber player again (he ended up playing LB to end his career).

A second Bear, sat out also. Starting LB Al Harris also sat out for the year and Wilbur Marshall took over and also was an all pro player.

Nothing good comes from Kam sitting. Hopefully is he does, we have the same results as the '85 Bears! If the rest of the team stays healthy, they can absorb Kam sitting out if he desires.
I really agree with your statement but unfortunately I don't think we have any future pro bowlers fighting for Kam's spot. His loss is HUGE but I am in full support of the Hawks here no matter what the outcome for the season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1bchjqxz said:
2Cool4School":1bchjqxz said:
He blocked me on IG for calling him out. Like a true brat. You can tell he doesnt care that much about fans since hes willing to put the team in a bad position with no starting SS because his bratty ass thinks he needs a new contract

Wow.

I'm glad I'm a regular dude. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a well-known NFL player and have people all over you.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":c4zwht52 said:
blkhwk":c4zwht52 said:
I've mentioned former Bears safety Todd Bell in a previous post regarding Kam. For those who aren't aware of this situation..... Bell was an all pro SS for the Bears in '84 who decided to hold out in '85 for more money. The Bears called his bluff, let him sit, played an unknown named Dave Duerson at SS. Bears win the SB, Duerson becomes an all pro, Bell never regains his starting spot, get traded and is never a pro bowl caliber player again (he ended up playing LB to end his career).

A second Bear, sat out also. Starting LB Al Harris also sat out for the year and Wilbur Marshall took over and also was an all pro player.

Nothing good comes from Kam sitting. Hopefully is he does, we have the same results as the '85 Bears! If the rest of the team stays healthy, they can absorb Kam sitting out if he desires.
I really agree with your statement but unfortunately I don't think we have any future pro bowlers fighting for Kam's spot. His loss is HUGE but I am in full support of the Hawks here no matter what the outcome for the season.

IIRC the Bears didn't know what they had in Duerson either. I doubt we have a pro bowl caliber SS on the roster, but there may be someone that can at least not be a weakness

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2s0e13au said:
blkhwk":2s0e13au said:

You don't know if we have PB/non-PB caliber players until they've actually started for a season or two.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":12p2lme5 said:
Seahwkgal":12p2lme5 said:
blkhwk":12p2lme5 said:

You don't know if we have PB/non-PB caliber players until they've actually started for a season or two.
True but when Kam was in that position he was raising eyebrows in a big way. There is no one on the roster like that IMO.

Polaris

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":sd0fdqk6 said:
HawKnPeppa":sd0fdqk6 said:
Seahwkgal":sd0fdqk6 said:
blkhwk":sd0fdqk6 said:

True but when Kam was in that position he was raising eyebrows in a big way. There is no one on the roster like that IMO.

Actually when Kam was in that position, there was a lot of doubt about his play and long term prognosis at Strong Safety. His aggression and hitting were evident even then, but his coverage skills were.....suspect. We forget that before 2013 or so, Kam wasn't nearly as good as what he since became.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Actually when Kam was in that position, there was a lot of doubt about his play and long term prognosis at Strong Safety. His aggression and hitting were evident even then, but his coverage skills were.....suspect. We forget that before 2013 or so, Kam wasn't nearly as good as what he since became.
I guess I don't recall the fan consensus so much but he really stood out to me in 2011. I called it that year to my husband. I said that Seattle has the best safety combo in the NFL and that Kam will rival Easley. All we needed back then was QB to be over the top. I do remember Kam's initial flaws well. He just had that something that stood out TO ME and even his rookie year. I see nothing in our roster near like him. Having said that, perhaps someone can step up and fill in and be serviceable. I think that is the most we can hope for, and I am good with that because I stand behind the team to not give in to his foolish demands. I love Kam for his play but have lost a lot of respect for his damage to the team.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sn_nfl/status/636229338648604675[/tweet]

I'm not happy about this option or caving. But something's gotta give.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
So if we have 5 million of cap space this year which will be obliterated next year, why don't we spend it on a free agent?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jake206":2xsgugkl said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sn_nfl/status/636229338648604675[/tweet]

I'm not happy about this option or caving. But something's gotta give.

As much as I love Kam, we might have to trade him.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's going to walk back into the VMAC with his tail between his leg with no new deal. That only leaves Pete and John one option.............trade.

Gametime

Reaction score
HATE to see this happening but if we can get OL help and Bailey keeps showing he is at least able to fill the void to a degree......

The team "may" be better off in the long run by trading him. Sucks to even say it but I'd rather have someone on the field ready to go to war with the team than an imaginary safety who can't and won't contribute.

It's just so out of the blue that until this last week I haven't even thought much of it. Now it's getting to the point of being concerning. There is no doubting that!

seedhawk

Reaction score
Could it be that his holdout is more about his locker room ability, and less about on field accomplishments?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seedhawk":3wyex2al said:
Could it be that his holdout is more about his locker room ability, and less about on field accomplishments?

Kam is one of the team leaders, but this team is packed with leaders..............both vocal and on the field example setters. Beast Mode, Russell, Earl, Sherm, Wagner, Bennett, on and on.

If that's Kam's angle that he thinks he's going to get paid because he's a team leader? That's flimsy.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It doesn't become "serious" until he starts missing Regular season game checks. He's got twelve days to make up his mind if he wants to be a Seahawk.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ay24hi2 said:
It doesn't become "serious" until he starts missing Regular season game checks. He's got twelve days to make up his mind if he wants to be a Seahawk.

He needs to report by Monday if he wants to play in the Rams game..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3pzltpft said:

It's serious now.

Very few players miss entire camps and come back healthy and ready to go for game #1.

There's a difference between being mentally prepared, and physically. How many times do we see holdouts end with the player getting hurt in week one or two because he wasn't in football shape? All the time.

Especially for a guy like Kam, who plays like he plays and is coming off a major injury. Dude needs to be here NOW getting in football shape.

Pete's smart though, if Kam does come back right at week one, I would be surprised if Pete holds him out for 2-3 weeks until he proves he's ready to go.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't see this ending well. And if it comes down to it and the Hawks decide to shop him...

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/v7wZcHs7Np/[/instagram]

i choose this team over one player