Hawks to sign WR Taylor Price

Wartooth

Reaction score
Roto-World.... Seahawks agreed to terms with WR Taylor Price, formerly of the Jaguars.
The 2010 third-round bust of the Patriots spent 2013 on injured reserve for the Jaguars. He has five career catches, and won't crack the 53-man roster without a truly exceptional camp.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
So Taylor Price is an injury-ridden nobody. Ugh...

And yes, I know how Schneider works, I don't need a lecture. I'm just uncomfortable with losing stars while not replacing any.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Camp fodder.

It is rumored that JS heard the whining coming from .net and decided he'd throw the 12's a bone.

McGruff

Reaction score
Frozenropers":1omswxtd said:
Camp fodder.

It is rumored that JS heard the whining coming from .net and decided he'd throw the 12's a bone.

And Taylor Price happened to have one lying around from one of his surgeries, so we signed him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Frozenropers":943yepvd said:
Camp fodder.

You win the day.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
MysterMatt":pidogohi said:

And yes, I know how Schneider works, I don't need a lecture. I'm just uncomfortable with losing stars while not replacing any.

Golden Tate is not a star.

Sac

Reaction score
mjwhitay":siyy9zoe said:
MysterMatt":siyy9zoe said:

He will be in Detroit.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3i3q4erz said:
mjwhitay":3i3q4erz said:
MysterMatt":3i3q4erz said:

He will be in Detroit.
Yeah, I'm sorry mjwhitay, but your comment is a bit dim, really. Tate may not have been a "star" in the sense that he didn't put up 100 catch 1,200 yard seasons, but the dude was a big play machine when the game was on the line, either at WR or returning punts. He's not so easily replaced. Watch what he does in the pass-happy Detroit offense.

And for the record, I'm not clamoring that we should have kept him (or Bryant, or Rice, or Clemons, or anyone else), but at this moment we've lost key playmakers without replacing them. It's an uncomfortable feeling and pinning our hopes on Percy Harvin for everything is just silly.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1kyp2769 said:
SacHawk2.0":1kyp2769 said:
mjwhitay":1kyp2769 said:
MysterMatt":1kyp2769 said:

He will be in Detroit.
Yeah, I'm sorry mjwhitay, but your comment is a bit dim, really. Tate may not have been a "star" in the sense that he didn't put up 100 catch 1,200 yard seasons, but the dude was a big play machine when the game was on the line, either at WR or returning punts. He's not so easily replaced. Watch what he does in the pass-happy Detroit offense.

And for the record, I'm not clamoring that we should have kept him (or Bryant, or Rice, or Clemons, or anyone else), but at this moment we've lost key playmakers without replacing them. It's an uncomfortable feeling and pinning our hopes on Percy Harvin for everything is just silly.

Watch what lots of guys do in pass happy offenses. Big whoop. Signing a guy to more money than the organization feels that guy is worth just because someone might get hurt is much sillier than relying on the guy that you're already paying. As much as everyone here wants to, you can't go into the season assuming a player is going to get hurt and in turn, pay too much for his "insurance policy"

I don't know what football world you live in, but Golden is not a star. That's all I said. Calvin Johnson is a star. Someone called Golden a star and that was inaccurate. Golden made plays. Until the playoffs, when Percy was on the field.

Chapow

Reaction score
mjwhitay":faf6e5h4 said:
MysterMatt":faf6e5h4 said:

He was the best, most productive receiver on a Super Bowl championship team and an elite punt returner.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Chapow":349d4lst said:
mjwhitay":349d4lst said:
MysterMatt":349d4lst said:

He was the best, most productive receiver on a Super Bowl championship team and an elite punt returner.

So was Jacoby Jones.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mjwhitay":3i9vhxls said:
MysterMatt":3i9vhxls said:

It depends on who you ask. ESPN is already giving him star treatment/coverage just for this signing alone. Every analyst on ESPN and NFLN says he brings big play potential and compliments Megatron perfectly. He doesn't have to be tagged a star by any particular committee for the everyone to know he was a top WR free agent with potential all-star talent given the right offense.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
mjwhitay":2yonffd5 said:
Chapow":2yonffd5 said:
mjwhitay":2yonffd5 said:
MysterMatt":2yonffd5 said:

So was Jacoby Jones.
And Tate was a willing and effective blocker. Not an easy thing to find, a playmaker who can block and return punts. But hey, you've got all the answers.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Losing Tate is gonna hurt us tremendously. Guy was great for and one of, if not, Russells favorite target. Plus he was our only WR that consistently won jump balls.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I wanted Golden Tate to retire one day having only played for the Hawks. That's not the NFL of today. What can you do?

MysterMatt... no one is saying Taylor Price is a lock to make the team. Just that JS identifies guys like this who have potential and you never know what they might do in the right environment. His chances are slim, sure. Doesn't hurt to see what might be there and give a guy a shot who must have earned it to be signed to a team fresh off a Super Bowl win. I gotta trust JS there. I don't think JS and his staff are looking for nobodies.

Hypothetically, if I had to pick two receivers to keep out of Baldwin, Kearse and Tate... I'm not sure I could do it. I wasn't on the Kearse bandwagon early in the season. But, he impressed me and looks like he is just getting started. Glad all those who said he would work out were so very right. Yeah, to be sure... losing Tate will have to be accounted for and addressed. But, the team doesn't just have Harvin. Kearse and Baldwin deserve mention.

Just curious... how are you equating discussion comments in a forum as you being lectured? I don't get that one. I apologize if it was me who said something that offended you there. Unintended.