Hawks to sign WR Taylor Price

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I agree with MysterMatt that the Hawks will miss Tate's blocking ability. (That was the first thing I thought when I saw he signed with the Lions.) Not sure that can be exactly replaced. Those are the things we might not always notice, but can make the difference.

Jville

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":i1x02w91 said:
I agree with MysterMatt that the Hawks will miss Tate's blocking ability. (That was the first thing I thought when I saw he signed with the Lions.) Not sure that can be exactly replaced. Those are the things we might not always notice, but can make the difference.

True.

And in Seattle, they don't get on the field until their blocking can be trusted.

On the video, he looks like a possible red line receiver.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Frozenropers":354jfg6f said:
Camp fodder.

It is rumored that JS heard the whining coming from .net and decided he'd throw the 12's a bone.

The Pirahna need something to chew on...yanno. :p

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Bullmeister

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":217wa6zi said:
I seem to remember he had a stellar college career (at Ohio U) and great potential going into the pros. Sounds like the sort of talent that JS/PC regularly identify and bring into the mix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEtMljITog

LOL! At 1:39 in to that video, you can just see part of the Seahawks logo on the TV in the background......fate?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3g46yan3 said:
And Tate was a willing and effective blocker. Not an easy thing to find

Harvin and Kearse are actually excellent run blockers. Harvin is a freak athlete with an unstoppable motor, even when he's blocking. Kearse is big, strong, and nimble. Baldwin is effective too because he's a high effort guy. You don't play in Seattle if you can't contribute to the run game. Every new receiver is going to learn this lesson.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
lsheldon":3chrpr08 said:
"Price's representatives confirmed a one-year deal for the league minimum. He has not played since 2011, spending the last two seasons on injured reserve with foot injuries."

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article ... 312029.php

Why doesn't this signing excite me?

Yeah, this sorta looks like the same problem Fred Vinson had. If any training staff can bring him back successfully, it's ours, so we'll see. Unlike Vinson, the price was right.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1cwezqwm said:
MysterMatt":1cwezqwm said:
And Tate was a willing and effective blocker. Not an easy thing to find

Harvin and Kearse are actually excellent run blockers. Harvin is a freak athlete with an unstoppable motor, even when he's blocking. Kearse is big, strong, and nimble. Baldwin is effective too because he's a high effort guy. You don't play in Seattle if you can't contribute to the run game. Every new receiver is going to learn this lesson.

Great point and pro injuries aside, sounds like Price's run blocking was one of his biggest weaknesses as a prospect:

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/31/13977 ... t-scouting

Probably a longshot to make the team, but seems like a good kid and hopefully he can make the most at what will very well be his last chance to remain in the NFL.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I don't know dick about this guy, but it is interesting that while everyone else is out spending big bucks to sign guys like Ware or Revis or whoever, the very first thing the best FO in the league does is go lock up this dude.

Maybe he's just fodder, but then again...... Maybe he's not.