Hawks wont sell playoff tickets to fans frm opposing markets

NFLFanSweden

Reaction score
Polaris":1lq7zgjc said:
NFLFanSweden":1lq7zgjc said:
Coug_Hawk08":1lq7zgjc said:
Respect that it's our home field man. We earned it and our fans deserve to be there more than yours.

At first this sounded like cheating, stacking the deck, but I can see your point, however it is sad that fans of an opposing team cannot be able to represent their team if they wish to do so. I say the same thing to the Niner organization and Levi Stadium. If the Seahawks were playing in San Francisco, I would say by all means let the come. How many people can actually travel to a playoff game not in their area anyone...after managing to even GET tickets. When I lived in San Fran, I couldn't even get tickets to a Niner playoff game.

So yes, I think it should be changed from now on that, especially, playoff games include billing addresses of the state of an opposing team to be FAIR.

Football should be enjoyed by everyone.

I think it's more whining by San Fran. Denver is doing EXACTLY the same thing and no one is talking about it.

Perhaps what makes this a more legitimate complaint (and is more focused in the media maybe) is because San Francisco and Seattle are closer in proximity where as Denver and New England are not. The odds of a Bostonian traveling to Denver for the game is less likely than someone from California traveling to Washington. So it makes it look more so like Seattle is trying to "stack the deck" with only Seattle fans so that the stadium is really loud.

Like I said. I feel the same way if it were the other way around. Fans from BOTH teams should be able to watch the game and represent their team. Even if there was no case of Californians not being able to buy tickets to this game, I doubt Seattle would lose much of a "home field advantage". Seattle's doing it. Denver's doing it. It doesn't mean it's ok.

Throwdown

Reaction score
49er fans are allowed at the games, just gotta go through a secondary option like Stubhub.

Its not like they're turning these losers away at the gate, holy christ.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Throwdown":22qm6byv said:
49er fans are allowed at the games, just gotta go through a secondary option like Stubhub.

I understand that. Its the principle.

kidhawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3p880831 said:
Throwdown":3p880831 said:

Principle? It's not about "principle"...it's just a smart way for a team to honor their fans. I think every team should do this. It doesn't limit who can go. Anyone who has ever tried to buy Seahawks playoff tickets on Ticketmaster will tell you that it's next to impossible to do anyway. To get tickets 99% of the people need to go to an after market supplier. It's only a big deal because people like to "whine" about something

Polaris

Reaction score
kidhawk":odsmnlch said:
lvnginhwktwn":odsmnlch said:
Throwdown":odsmnlch said:

Principle? It's not about "principle"...it's just a smart way for a team to honor their fans. I think every team should do this. It doesn't limit who can go. Anyone who has ever tried to buy Seahawks playoff tickets on Ticketmaster will tell you that it's next to impossible to do anyway. To get tickets 99% of the people need to go to an after market supplier. It's only a big deal because people like to "whine" about something

Near as I can tell, every Franchise that hosts a Conference Championship Game DOES do this.

Why is it new? Because (IMHO) a bunch of 'hurt' San Frans are whining about it, and when California whines, the National Media listens (as long as the other party is a no-name market like Seattle).

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2agq1ngw said:
lvnginhwktwn":2agq1ngw said:
Blah blah blah.
Why do you keep saying this? Every post you've made in this thread is just "blah blah blah".

:lol:

Because you can never admit when something is wrong. And right or wrong there always seems to be someone here trying to justify it, hence the blah blah blah, because after a while that's what it starts to sound like.

You don't have to agree with it, but it would be nice if some of you could remove your Seahawk glasses when you read things on here.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3hnid5op said:
RolandDeschain":3hnid5op said:
lvnginhwktwn":3hnid5op said:
Blah blah blah.
Why do you keep saying this? Every post you've made in this thread is just "blah blah blah".

Because you can never admit when something is wrong. And right or wrong there always seems to be someone here trying to justify it, hence the blah blah blah, because after a while that's what it starts to sound like.

You don't have to agree with it, but it would be nice if some of you could remove your Seahawk glasses when you read things on here.

Re-read that sentence, and then try to tell me it's not a ridiculous expectation on a fan board.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm sitting here saying we're losing to the 49ers in multiple threads on this forum today if our offense doesn't improve, but I've got homer glasses on? Alrighty then, Wewishyouweren'tlivinginhawktown.

kidhawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":9gmjyjbo said:
RolandDeschain":9gmjyjbo said:
lvnginhwktwn":9gmjyjbo said:
Blah blah blah.

I guess since you are so against this on general principle, you are all over the Broncos forums for doing the same thing? And you got to other sports teams message boards that do the same thing? Or is it just that you feel butt hurt over a silly promotional gimmick that has barely an infinitesimal impact overall?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":t8qcm8ej said:
Throwdown":t8qcm8ej said:

This is the second time I've heard this from a Niners fan. It isn't "about the principle." Its just Whiners fans getting worked up over nothing. The majority of fans ,Seahawks and Niners, will have to get it from a secondary market (unless you're a STH or BP member). Also, its not stopping Niners fans like yourself that live in the area from buying tickets.

Many sports teams and music acts are doing this nowadays. Gee, I wonder why.

Until someone says "No fans wearing the opposing teams colors will be allowed into Centurylink Field" it's much ado about nothing

frase32

Reaction score
As a Niner fan I don't get the outrage. It's not like this is uncommon. If we did this our fans wouldn't say s**t about it. I hate the Hawks, I want the Niners to pound them, but I don't want a double standard. Every body wants to play the god damned victim.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Denver is doing the same thing this weekend, and many teams have done this in the past. Nobody's made a big deal about it until 49er fans now. I don't see Patriot fans crying about it.

Skilled1

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2d9sqv1h said:
RolandDeschain":2d9sqv1h said:
lvnginhwktwn":2d9sqv1h said:
Blah blah blah.

Nothing is wrong. The only thing 'wrong' here is related to your perceived views of a slight against *your* team. Then you come to an opposing fan board and bitch about it and have the gall to say that we should respect your views?

Sorry man but that's pretty delusional. You're out making a big stink about something that wasn't done out of malice, and is not only occurring with the other playoffs game, but is a common occurrence at other venues. Does that make it right? Perhaps not, but your continuation of playing the 'woe is me' card and ignoring of the facts is only goes to help perpetuate the stereotype of the 'whiners'.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Skilled1":31pei7ry said:
lvnginhwktwn":31pei7ry said:
RolandDeschain":31pei7ry said:
lvnginhwktwn":31pei7ry said:
Blah blah blah.

Nothing is wrong. The only thing 'wrong' here is related to your perceived views of a slight against *your* team. Then you come to an opposing fan board and bitch about it and have the gall to say that we should respect your views?

Sorry man but that's pretty delusional. You're out making a big stink about something that wasn't done out of malice, and is not only occurring with the other playoffs game, but is a common occurrence at other venues. Does that make it right? Perhaps not, but your continuation of playing the 'woe is me' card and ignoring of the facts is only goes to help perpetuate the stereotype of the 'whiners'.

Whats funny is along with the thousands of other Niner's fans in the region, he was allowed to purchase tickets.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Throwdown":qwgokclo said:

I think it's kinda bush league to be honest, but in reality as stated before it doesn't matter that much. Its such a small amount of tickets from the official site anyway and almost impossible to get. Niner fans going to the game would be getting them on Stubhub and NFL Ticket Exchange anyway.

The thing is tho...if there were so few tickets to begin with, why do it at all? No biggy tho.

Latest posts