Hawks wont sell playoff tickets to fans frm opposing markets

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2wjrb17n said:
Throwdown":2wjrb17n said:
49er fans are allowed at the games, just gotta go through a secondary option like Stubhub.

Its not like they're turning these losers away at the gate, holy christ.

I think it's kinda bush league to be honest, but in reality as stated before it doesn't matter that much. Its such a small amount of tickets from the official site anyway and almost impossible to get. Niner fans going to the game would be getting them on Stubhub and NFL Ticket Exchange anyway.

The thing is tho...if there were so few tickets to begin with, why do it at all? No biggy tho.

Ever hear of a thing called a promotional gimmick? You see it's a win win for the organization. They aren't hurting sales one bit here. It isn't stopping anyone from coming to the game, but somehow it pisses off Niner fans while giving the Seahawk fans a perception that they are just a little extra important and it doesn't cost the team a red cent. It's really quite a brilliant move and quite understandable why teams would do it. I guarantee you if tickets weren't selling out, teams wouldn't do it, but since they do, it's brilliant to get a free bit of promotion out of it and if it furthers the rivalry, all the better because that means more profits down the road

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
1509203_573731622704989_294754733_n.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":10g0qgbj said:
Marvin49":10g0qgbj said:
Throwdown":10g0qgbj said:
49er fans are allowed at the games, just gotta go through a secondary option like Stubhub.

I think it's kinda bush league to be honest, but in reality as stated before it doesn't matter that much. Its such a small amount of tickets from the official site anyway and almost impossible to get. Niner fans going to the game would be getting them on Stubhub and NFL Ticket Exchange anyway.

The thing is tho...if there were so few tickets to begin with, why do it at all? No biggy tho.

Ever hear of a thing called a promotional gimmick? You see it's a win win for the organization. They aren't hurting sales one bit here. It isn't stopping anyone from coming to the game, but somehow it pisses off Niner fans while giving the Seahawk fans a perception that they are just a little extra important and it doesn't cost the team a red cent. It's really quite a brilliant move and quite understandable why teams would do it. I guarantee you if tickets weren't selling out, teams wouldn't do it, but since they do, it's brilliant to get a free bit of promotion out of it and if it furthers the rivalry, all the better because that means more profits down the road

If you say so. If this were at the 'stick or Levis tho and the 49ers did this the forum would be up in arms about another move by a "classless organization".

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2etve3si said:
kidhawk":2etve3si said:
Marvin49":2etve3si said:
Throwdown":2etve3si said:

If you say so. If this were at the 'stick or Levis tho and the 49ers did this the forum would be up in arms about another move by a "classless organization".

This place is up in arms about Russell Wilson sucking....with a place that has as many members as .NET you get some of everything, but that doesn't change the facts and that is what I posted above. Personally I wouldn't care if the Niners did it, and any Seahawks fans who'd bitch about it are about as idiotic as the Niner fans bitching about this. None of these people are kept from the game...it's MEANINGLESS. Now if a team rejected anyone in the opposing team's gear at the gate, then there would be an issue, but this isn't happening.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":2u9jzqou said:
Marvin49":2u9jzqou said:
kidhawk":2u9jzqou said:
Marvin49":2u9jzqou said:

This place is up in arms about Russell Wilson sucking....with a place that has as many members as .NET you get some of everything, but that doesn't change the facts and that is what I posted above. Personally I wouldn't care if the Niners did it, and any Seahawks fans who'd bitch about it are about as idiotic as the Niner fans bitching about this. None of these people are kept from the game...it's MEANINGLESS. Now if a team rejected anyone in the opposing team's gear at the gate, then there would be an issue, but this isn't happening.

Like I said...its no biggy. Its such a small amount of tickets anyway.

hawker84

Reaction score
Whiner fans should write a letter to the editor and start a petition. Hell write a letter to Obama like OJ did, couldn't hurt.

themunn

Reaction score
In all honesty, I find it surprising that fans from other teams are allowed to buy tickets to any match.

Certainly at soccer games in the UK there is usually an "away" section totalling a few hundred tickets where we can keep them apart, and if you try to get into the home section you'll usually be turned away.

Home stadiums are for home fans. If I had my way there'd be no away fans whatsoever, but a lot of people enjoy the back and forth of taunting between the two sets of fans.

MagHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":yrrgqr4w said:

:th2thumbs: That would be hilarious though! :49ersmall:

Throwdown

Reaction score
MagHawk":1cm6leji said:
Throwdown":1cm6leji said:

:th2thumbs: That would be hilarious though! :49ersmall:

I'd be perfectly fine with it as well, red is such an ugly color and shouldn't taint our stadium.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/13/seattle-se ... e-tickets/

Hey look 49er fans, the Bears did the same thing to Seahawks fans in 2006! Where was the outrage when it happened then? Nowhere to be found. In fact this has never been newsworthy until now, and all of a sudden it's a "classless move by a classless organization"? Give me a break. San Francisco media has even said that San Francisco teams have done this before.

jdblack

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that Denver is doing the same thing for the game earlier in the morning.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3f3dfpke said:
http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/13/seattle-seahawks-denver-broncos-championship-game-tickets/

Hey look 49er fans, the Bears did the same thing to Seahawks fans in 2006! Where was the outrage when it happened then? Nowhere to be found. In fact this has never been newsworthy until now, and all of a sudden it's a "classless move by a classless organization"? Give me a break. San Francisco media has even said that San Francisco teams have done this before.

Pats have had it done to them twice - once by those Super Classless Thugs, the San Diego Chargers.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/01/10/chargers_shut_out_pats_fans/

Chargers shut out Pats fans
Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats
By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff | January 10, 2007

The San Diego Chargers are trying to solidify their home-field advantage against the New England Patriots Sunday by restricting the sale of tickets to Southern California residents only.