HC Interview tracker (Quinn, Frank Smith, Evero, etc.)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
OFFICIAL INTERVIEWS:
Cowboys DC Dan Quinn (2)
Dolphins OC Frank Smith
Panthers DC Ejiro Evero (2)
Rams DC Raheem Morris (Hired, Atlanta)
Giants OC Mike Kafka (2)
Raiders DC Patrick Graham (2)
Lions OC Ben Johnson (2)
Texans OC Bobby Slowik
Ravens DC Mike Macdonald

REPORTED INTEREST BUT UNOFFICIAL:
Former Titans HC Mike Vrabel

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Hmmm... Smith and Ejiro's names haven't gotten much mention around here. Smith got voted as top OC by NFLPA recently. Miami's offensive design is pretty much perfect for an offensive line that can't hold blocks for very long.

Evero was DC with Denver last year (and turned down the opp. to be interim head coach) while they valiantly tried to keep the Broncos from falling into complete irrelevance, but Carolina has been a complete dumpster fire this year. Kind of a mixed record.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
First Name DQ -.-
No MacDonald? I think we are not allowed to request an interview with him?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
First Name DQ -.-
No MacDonald? I think we are not allowed to request an interview with him?
We absolutely are allowed to request an interview with him. He might not want to take it, being in the playoffs and all.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Damn this is surprising. I like Evero's personality when he does interviews. I thought they would be dead set on an offensive head coach but apaprently not.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
We absolutely are allowed to request an interview with him. He might not want to take it, being in the playoffs and all.
Okay im confused. Wasnt there an info that official interview request for wildcard coaches are allowed from today on? So Ravens coaches earliest in one week?

knownone

Reaction score
Frank Smith is an exciting name. If the plan is to hang on to Geno, that's an ideal offensive system for him.

I mentioned Raheem Morris the day Pete was fired, and I still think he's the #1 guy for JS. He's the safe non-lateral hire.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I don’t know enough about smith or evero to be honest. I know their teams they were with failed. But very underwhelmed by Quinn who I want no part of and to a lesser extent morris. Morris a good coach but I would like to see us go in a younger offensive mind direction

renofox

Reaction score
Okay im confused. Wasnt there an info that official interview request for wildcard coaches are allowed from today on? So Ravens coaches earliest in one week?
I'm pretty sure i read that limited Zoom interviews are allowed for all with permission.

flv2

Reaction score
Hmmm... Smith and Ejiro's names haven't gotten much mention around here. Smith got voted as top OC by NFLPA recently. Miami's offensive design is pretty much perfect for an offensive line that can't hold blocks for very long.

Evero was DC with Denver last year (and turned down the opp. to be interim head coach) while they valiantly tried to keep the Broncos from falling into complete irrelevance, but Carolina has been a complete dumpster fire this year. Kind of a mixed record.
The Panthers defense was good this year. The offense was awful.

knownone

Reaction score
Same thing when he was with the Broncos the year before. Good defense. Awful offense. I believe both were top 10.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Frank Smith is an exciting name. If the plan is to hang on to Geno, that's an ideal offensive system for him.

I mentioned Raheem Morris the day Pete was fired, and I still think he's the #1 guy for JS. He's the safe non-lateral hire.
Don't know enough about Morris other than he took over basically the best defense in the NFL the previous season and they became... ok. Not familiar enough with Rams player moves around that time to say how much of that might have been a loss of talent.

Agree about Smith and Geno.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Was it? Defense 29th in PPG. Seems pretty leaky.

This hire would be underwhelming. Rather get MacDonald paired with a great OC if we're going defense.

flv2

Reaction score
Same thing when he was with the Broncos the year before. Good defense. Awful offense. I believe both were top 10.
Many Rams fans were sad to lose him as a DB coach. He would have been a popular choice to replace Morris as DC, given that fans didn't like Morris, However McVay rarely promotes internally, (other than expanding a role with a new title).

knownone

Reaction score
Don't know enough about Morris other than he took over basically the best defense in the NFL the previous season and they became... ok. Not familiar enough with Rams player moves around that time to say how much of that might have been a loss of talent.

Agree about Smith and Geno.
Morris is the CEO candidate. His resume doesn't look great. He's probably an average-at-best coordinator with proven scheme diversity (he's run pretty much everything). But as a leader, he's exactly what you want in a head coach. He's not my first choice. But from what I gather about JS, this is precisely the type of guy he would covet if he can't get one of the prodigy coordinators.