HC Interview tracker (Quinn, Frank Smith, Evero, etc.)

Ozzy

Reaction score
how many interviews is normal? I think this is ultimately a good thing. I get the feeling JS is interviewing everyone with a good reputation or known to have whatever he's looking for to make sure he gets who he wants.

flv2

Reaction score
Was it? Defense 29th in PPG. Seems pretty leaky.

This hire would be underwhelming. Rather get MacDonald paired with a great OC if we're going defense.
It's an opinion. I can't argue the stats. The Panthers conceded 14 points more than the Seahawks but the Panthers offense couldn't stay on the field or score points. If the new Panthers HC wants someone else and Morris leaves i'd be happy to have him back as the Rams DC. No guarantee he'll be a good HC.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know Carolina fans seem to love him and he's well respected.

hawks85

Reaction score
No, Mike has already received several requests
Ok, so before everyone creams in their pants including myself. people have been whispering in McDonalds ear that if you take one of these HC gigs, they told him to strongly look at Seattle. The Seahawks is a highly desirable place to be, outstanding people in the building, passionate fan base etc...

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Don’t get too caught up with interviews/requests it is common teams will want to interview with the intention of getting intel that they can put away for use at a later time same thing with player interviews at the draft combine

Torc

Reaction score
I see we've complied with the Rooney Rule.

There's some good names on that list. Frank Smith is intriguing. But there's an argument that anyone with Tyreek Hill and a halfway accurate QB is going to look good.

Fade

Reaction score
A lot of defensive coaches.

Jody might want to see that defense fixed with how much she has invested in it.

Offense is the right choice, fingers crossed.

Fade

Reaction score
I see we've complied with the Rooney Rule.

There's some good names on that list. Frank Smith is intriguing. But there's an argument that anyone with Tyreek Hill and a halfway accurate QB is going to look good.
Tua Turnthaballova is not good. Biggest disappointment of the year. Well, after Dak anyway.

James in PA

Reaction score
A lot of defensive coaches.

Jody might want to see that defense fixed with how much she has invested in it.

Offense is the right choice, fingers crossed.
Yep. Pretty underwhelming list so far. Not liking so many defensive names being mentioned. MacDonald Feels like the only one I could really get on board with.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Actually, Kafka has the chops. While his stint with the Giants isn't stellar, that might be more of a lack of talent issue on the team as a whole. He was the "offensive quality control coach", then the QB coach and finally the passing game coordinator for the Chiefs under Andy Reid. He received several interviews during last year's coaching carousel. I think I would rather have him than DQ.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
DC Dan Quinn
OC Frank Smith - Miami
DC Raheem Morris - Rams
DC Ejiro Evero - Panthers
DC Patrick Graham - Raiders

Per Condotta

Barf

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
There are seven openings and no guarantee his first choice will come here. More interviews is better.
Very true, but I don't think Seattle is 7th on the head coaching vacancies. I feel we are a top 3 job if not the top spot. So we should have a decent shot at one of the top candidates.

Latest posts