HC Interview tracker (Quinn, Frank Smith, Evero, etc.)

bigcc

Reaction score
Well, it's settled. Seattle will be hiring their new HC this week.
One would think, with only two teams remaining and (I assume/hope) all coaches we're interested in available, there's no reason to draw it out anymore,especially when both need to fill out their staff, which I expect to take a LOT longer to fully flesh out.

For comparison purposes, fisch was hired at uw Jan 14, and only have 9 total coaches on staff ...they had 26 last year

When you consider that coaches can't move laterally (and why would you from det/bal), no matter who we hire, it's going to be a long process.

Worth noting, free agency effectively begins march 11, so we need coordinators and position coaches by then, and offseason workouts begin 4/1, so training staff and assistants need to be hired by then.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Seattle:
MacDonald: Tuesday morning (First)
Johnson: Tonight (Second)

Washington:
MacDonald: Tonight (Second)
Johnson: Tuesday evening (Second)
Quinn: Tuesday morning (Second/Third)
Glad we have Johnson's 2nd before Washington.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Washington is also meeting with Anthony Weaver today & Aaron Glenn tomorrow to comply with the Rooney Rule.

Which means they could announce someone as early as Tuesday or possibly Wednesday.

The Hawks have already met with two minority candidates (Graham & Evero) Which means an announcement could come at any time.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
Find it interesting John is flying there to see these guys, interest is high I would think to do that versus them going in for a visit.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Find it interesting John is flying there to see these guys, interest is high I would think to do that versus them going in for a visit.
Man, they're probably both exhausted and at the end of any rope that's left. Not that I have any experience anywhere close to what they just went thru, but to imagine having to now get on a plane and travel hours and try to present myself in the best way possible in a new, unfamiliar environment, and having to meet a 1000 new people with a smiling, happy disposition after yesterday.... I think John just gets it and want to show that the Seahawks also care about them enough for him to take on the travel aspect to go see them where they're at.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So if Mike McDonald is the new HC who will be his OC? Alternatively if Ben Johnson is the new HC who will be his DC? Just wondering as many here since the Hate PC days don't think any HC really allows any legit input from their coordinators. Of course that is rubbish. It's a curiosity to me as the desire for a young upcoming candidate needs to be balanced wth an ability of the team to get things done in every phase.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Man, they're probably both exhausted and at the end of any rope that's left. Not that I have any experience anywhere close to what they just went thru, but to imagine having to now get on a plane and travel hours and try to present myself in the best way possible in a new, unfamiliar environment, and having to meet a 1000 new people with a smiling, happy disposition after yesterday.... I think John just gets it and want to show that the Seahawks also care about them enough for him to take on the travel aspect to go see them where they're at.

Also isn’t DC doing the same? Probably worked it out with them since we both want to interview the same guys.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
John's telling Johnson and MacDonald he'll beat any offer by $5m. These interviews are to see who's going to be HC and who's going to be Asst. HC...

flv2

Reaction score
These coaches weren't going to fly to Seattle for 1 interview, fly back for a Washington interview and then repeat the process for 2nd interviews. The alternative was to have virtual meetings. The Seahawks are showing common sense by flying East.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
So if Mike McDonald is the new HC who will be his OC? Alternatively if Ben Johnson is the new HC who will be his DC? Just wondering as many here since the Hate PC days don't think any HC really allows any legit input from their coordinators. Of course that is rubbish. It's a curiosity to me as the desire for a young upcoming candidate needs to be balanced wth an ability of the team to get things done in every phase.
it’s a pattern throughout sports with a few small exceptions that those that win at the highest levels harden in there approach to the game. PC had a system that won a Super Bowl and thought trying to recreate that would allow him to win another. He required that of his coordinators and while I am sure he accepted some suggestions the coordinators were there to run his system. To everyone’s detriment. Unfortunately Belichick and the rat bastard Patriots were an exception to the rule

JustTheTip

Reaction score
He required that of his coordinators and while I am sure he accepted some suggestions the coordinators were there to run his system. To everyone’s detriment. Unfortunately Belichick and the rat bastard Patriots were an exception to the rule
That is because cheating never gets stale.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think John flying there also makes it so if he likes a guy he can probably make an offer to him right away as well. The ball kind of is in court imo