HC MM - Expectations

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So obviously we're all hopeful that with the new change in HC will lead to an eventual second SB win. That being said as a fan, what are your actual expectations for Mike Macdonald. Meaning if he fails these minimum marks, perhaps he is NOT the guy for HC. This is not what you think he will do, this is what you expect him to do at a minimum otherwise he is sitting on the hot seat.

Expectation: What year do you expect a winning season (9+ wins), a playoff team (Wildcard appearance), and a contender (NFCCG Appearance)?

My Expectations:
- Winning Season - Year 2 - (Season 2025-2026)
- Playoffs Year 3 (Season 2026-2027)
- Contender Year 5 (Season 2028-2029)

sutz

Reaction score
I think 8 or 9 wins in year one.
2nd year, playoffs and at least into the Divisional round.
3rd year, NFC Championship level.
Mostly with you, though I think more 9-10 wins in year 1.

Yeah, I'm a homer, but we do have serious talent on this team. If we have truly been "under-achieving" then a winning record should be near automatic. Plus our schedule can't be as brutal as last season.

chris98251

Reaction score
It will be a rough year, the current players will be divided on embracing the more drill sergeant mentality of practice and discipline, they will have to convert or be eviscerated from the team, then learning two new schemes, throw in the staff learning each other and that possible shuffle as things may not work after the first year with some guys, the season understanding till then may cause some hiccups. Now adding new players in F.A. and the draft and getting them all acclimated, I think there will be more than just a few.

I don't expect much weeks 1 - 10, maybe a 2 and 8 or 4 and 6 record just due to our talent on the team. I think once again how we finish and carry over is what will matter to ignite a much better 2025 year. If we finish above .500 the last 7 games I would call it a good transistion.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
My expectations WERE:
Year 1: Cleaning up the Salary Cap, Getting a QBOTF, Getting young talent and letting them play and learn, NO Expectations on record.
Year 2: Win 7-9 games
Year 3: Win 10+ games and be a contender whether they get that far or not?

Those have largely gone by the wayside as they seem to be intent on winning next year with a mediocre QB, not addressing the cap issues and maybe no even addressing the QB issue long term.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How are they not addressing the cap issues? It's Feb. 28th. Free Agency and the June 1st cuts are far from here.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
9 or 10 wins in 2024
Divisional Round in 2025
NFC Championship by 2026 if not before.

We get lost in the fact that this team has a lot of talent. With the right leadership, I think we will go far and that starts with building things up this season with a winning season.

xray

Reaction score
Being a diehard realist , I hope for the best , but always hoard TP , just in case . ;)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I expect MM to take out the trash on the D
their play was unacceptable the last two years and build up from there.
This coming season will be new for everyone so I don't expect a great record
just keep building, learning ,improving and embracing a new culture.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I expect us to struggle for a few years while we get the personnel right, then struggle some more because nobody on our staff except Frazier has ever done the job they are supposed to know how to do in the NFL before.

Now what I HOPE for is that we hit on the next Pete Carroll.
There's only been 14 coaches in the history of the NFL to win multiple super bowls, so I'd be happy with a perennial playoff team for the next decade. Can't win if you're not there!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
9 or 10 wins in 2024
Divisional Round in 2025
NFC Championship by 2026 if not before.

We get lost in the fact that this team has a lot of talent. With the right leadership, I think we will go far and that starts with building things up this season with a winning season.
Bears fans have the same timeline for Bears.
I want Bears vs. Hawks for 2026 NFC championship!!

Torc

Reaction score
My expectations WERE:
Year 1: Cleaning up the Salary Cap, Getting a QBOTF, Getting young talent and letting them play and learn, NO Expectations on record.
Year 2: Win 7-9 games
Year 3: Win 10+ games and be a contender whether they get that far or not?

Those have largely gone by the wayside as they seem to be intent on winning next year with a mediocre QB, not addressing the cap issues and maybe no even addressing the QB issue long term.
Did you watch Schneider's interview at the scouting combine? He did say he wants to get Drew back, but that he intends there to be a competition for starting QB. IF Geno is our starter it's because he has a better handle on the new offense than any other QB on the team. That being said, I have more confidence that Grubb will utilize our personal than I did in Waldron, even though Grubb is new to the NFL. Yes, the defenses are better. But so are his offensive personnel.

We have no idea whether he'll take a QB in the draft. I suspect not early, since we don't have a round 2 pick and we have bigger needs. But I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we get one in the third round. If we scout well, that's good enough. That's where we got Russ after all.

As far as the cap, we'll see. I think we'll see some cuts before training camp.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We have an average QB and a mess on defense other than witherspoon. We are also in perhaps the toughest division with teams that have been recently managed much better than us. We are at least 3 years from being a legit contender. MM will be a stud if he gets us into the playoffs in 2 years.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Well, if he doesn't win more than Pete did, why is he even here? It took Pete 3 years to make it to the SB. Can Coach Macdonald do better? Idk, time will tell.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I see a defensive coach who made a few players who I would have said were washed and , really that guy's still playing , look pretty good i.e. clowney and van noy
An OC that actually schemes guys open and is creative , now how that will transfer to the nfl , i dunno
I actually think if we had much better play calling on offense then we would've won at least 2 more games probably 3 , as on D we were a total S show and if we get better on both sides of the ball I could see 11 wins , will it happen , time will tell
We gave up a lot for big cat and whether we keep him or get other guys I think we are being steered by a potentially much more capable group
Everyone but a few thought Geno was gonna suck in 22 , well holy crap , that one I didn't agree and was thrilled to be right with but also didn't see him regressing as much in 23 so my feeling is we will do much better but have a couple of gettin better years in front of us
I do think our offense can get a heck of a lot better with just creative play calls but that's just me
Highly expecting to be better at first but not start to see real improvement till later in the season
9-10 wins
Divisional round
NFCCG would be the best we could hope for , rosy glasses off
Virtually everything can and likely will end up depending on the QBOTF , seems like it always does
Go Hawks

seahawks08

Reaction score
I will give a pass year one, but I think we will come second in our division and make the playoffs without home field advantage. We may lose to Tampa Bay or Detroit in the playoffs but we will be built to beat the 49ers if we meet them in the playoffs. Playing 2 regular season games between Rams and 49ers is enough practice for coaches and players to game plan around them. If the Hawks tank early on and still make progressive wins if all starters stay healthy. We may have depth issues but our starters should be competitive against anyone

WarHawks

Reaction score
Assuming they draft a qb, I can see 7-9 wins for 2024 under Geno, and playoffs in 2025, or no later than 2026 under the new qb. We have too much talent for that not to be the expectation imo.

Last edited:

LTH

Reaction score
I think the expectation is going to grow after the draft... people are going to buy into the hype and by the time the seasons starts, the expectation is going to be very high.

I know one thing about Seattle fans and that is thet DO NOT like to lose. they are used to a winning culture and I think if the Seahawks don't live up to the expectations of the fan base, it's going to be a sh!t show..

As far as my expectations, I don't really have any because I don't know what this team is going to look like... I don't have a good understanding of who McDonald is yet. I've heard a bunch of talk, Proof is in the pudding as far as I'm concerned. I'm willing to give McDonald a chance to prove himself I'm sure that I will give him more leeway than most.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Give me 6 or more wins this season and I would be ecstatic. 8 to 10 wins the following season and a clear vision of direction. After that, I would like to be challenging for the division.