HC timeline

WarHawks

Reaction score
Just curious when do you all think JS will announce his hire? After the playoffs? After the sb? Not sure what the standard timeline is.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe for the fans. Our opinions mean nothing. I'm good letting John do his job. He knows what he's doing.

SEVERAL teams are doing multiple interviews with guys. Interviewing a guy twice isn't just a John thing, many teams are doing the same.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
SEVERAL teams are doing multiple interviews with guys. Interviewing a guy twice isn't just a John thing, many teams are doing the same.
Rooney rule requires an in-person interview. If you’re doing virtual meetings as a 1st round (by rule for playoff participants) for many candidates, the default format becomes virtual screening followed by in-person for contenders.

CactusJack

Reaction score
They can't even talk to Mike MacDonald until after the Super Bowl. They lost out on the opportunity because the Ravens we're the #1 seed. So, the longer they wait the more likely it is that they will want to talk to him.

Ben Johnson is headed to Washington. So, he's out.

Harbaugh to the Chargers is all but a done deal.

That leaves you with guys like Quinn, Raheem Morris, Vrabel & Bobby Slowik. My gut says Morris is the favorite out of those guys who have interviewed.

So, do you wait & gamble on MacDonald? I would. But they may not want to wait to hire someone.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So yesterday was one week from the end of the Coach Carroll coaching days here. Let's be patient it is a big decision to be made which will shape the future of the team for the next few seasons at least.

The team has been in touch with many candidates and there are others they may still want to talk to who are still in the playoffs.

It'd be nice to get this done soon but getting it right is far more important than the speed at which it is done.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They can't even talk to Mike MacDonald until after the Super Bowl. They lost out on the opportunity because the Ravens we're the #1 seed. So, the longer they wait the more likely it is that they will want to talk to him.

That leaves you with guys like Quinn, Raheem Morris, Vrabel & Bobby Slowik. My gut says Morris is the favorite out of those guys who have interviewed.

So, do you wait & gamble on MacDonald? I would. But they may not want to wait to hire someone.
In all honesty, I have a feeling that Schneider is targeting in on Ejiro Evero, but waiting to interview McDonald just to see what that guy's all about.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm still not giving up on Ben Johnson. No salary cap for coaches. But if we can't land him, I'm all in on MacDonald. At this point, I think anyone other than Johnson or MacDonald is going to be disappointing, with the possible exceptions of Slowik or Vrabel.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They will have a little bit of a time crunch if they wait until after the SB. I think they have to make a decision on Geno 5 days after the Super Bowl which isn't much time if you're working with a new head coach on what to do. It's possible John has already made a decision on Geno too so it may not matter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing that. I honestly don't think many people actually know that we can't talk to him yet. It's an interesting twist to the rules, but it is what it is.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm glad they are taking their time. This is a huge decision.
I'm glad that they're being deliberate, too. But with as many teams that are in the market, there's a snooze, you lose factor that has to be taken into consideration. If they find someone they like, they need to pull the trigger on him as he's likely to have one or two other suitors.

CactusJack

Reaction score
In all honesty, I have a feeling that Schneider is targeting in on Ejiro Evero, but waiting to interview McDonald just to see what that guy's all about.
My gut says that Evero is being considered as a DC with Raheem Morris the HC.

Evero was on the 2021 Rams coaching staff with Morris that won the SB.

Anyways, a Morris/Evero ticket I think is a legit possibility. Something fans should not rule out.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
So yesterday was one week from the end of the Coach Carroll coaching days here. Let's be patient it is a big decision to be made which will shape the future of the team for the next few seasons at least.

The team has been in touch with many candidates and there are others they may still want to talk to who are still in the playoffs.

It'd be nice to get this done soon but getting it right is far more important than the speed at which it is done.
No. I want it all now.

Latest posts