HC timeline

Wheetie

Reaction score
I'm still not giving up on Ben Johnson. No salary cap for coaches. But if we can't land him, I'm all in on MacDonald. At this point, I think anyone other than Johnson or MacDonald is going to be disappointing, with the possible exceptions of Slowik or Vrabel.

Good article...
I believe the Seahawks have a real shot with Johnson. They have patient, non-meddling Ownership and an excellent GM. The fact that they'll need to purge some of the bloated roster spots due to cap, likely including Geno, making the ability to draft or bring in an available QB of choice really puts them in the same position as the Commanders. The potential for a roster build is here if he wants it. He'd also have his choice of backup since Lock isn't under contract. IMO, the city of Seattle and surrounding area is a better destination than the city of Washington for families, also VMAC is top notch, Qwest and the 12's are an amazing draw. Really could come down to contract amount and there's no reason why they should be outbid if that's the deciding factor.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just heard on 710 ESPN that Hairball and the Chargers and finalizing their deal, likely today.

Good. Can't wait to hear it's official so I can stop hearing the Hairbarf talk. He found a team that will likely give him that total control he wants. And he has a great QB in place already. West Coast etc. It's a good fit FOR THEM.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Good article...
I believe the Seahawks have a real shot with Johnson. They have patient, non-meddling Ownership and an excellent GM. The fact that they'll need to purge some of the bloated roster spots due to cap, likely including Geno, making the ability to draft or bring in an available QB of choice really puts them in the same position as the Commanders. The potential for a roster build is here if he wants it. He'd also have his choice of backup since Lock isn't under contract. IMO, the city of Seattle and surrounding area is a better destination than the city of Washington for families, also VMAC is top notch, Qwest and the 12's are an amazing draw. Really could come down to contract amount and there's no reason why they should be outbid if that's the deciding factor.
Qwest? It hasn't been Qwest field for several years.

Then again, I still call it Seahawks Stadium or The House of Noise. Always will.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not excited about Raheem Morris as a top candidate for Seahawks HC. He was a disaster as a HC in TB. In a Def Coordinator role, Morris is top of the list.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Qwest? It hasn't been Qwest field for several years.

Then again, I still call it Seahawks Stadium or The House of Noise. Always will.
I guess it goes to show how much a random, average Joe like me cares about their mutli million dollar advertising...

Rat

Reaction score
For those front office sycophants: we could interview Urban Meyer at any time. This doesn't need to be taking so long.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
For those front office sycophants: we could interview Urban Meyer at any time. This doesn't need to be taking so long.
We probably will need to add a TE so the Tebow connection would be a bonus :cool:

Rat

Reaction score
Urban Meyer? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He's an offensive genius who wins everywhere he goes. The Jags are an embarrassment who gave into the peer pressure just as he was turning them around. He was cancelled because he said something mean to his grown-ass adult kicker once and fingerblasted some chick outside of work... who cares? You think George Halas and Curly Lambeau didn't do worse in their day?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude is as slimy as the come. HELL NO
Just because he coached THE, that doesn't mean he would be a great choice. I mean, look how many teams are just lining up to hire him.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Considering there is no game next week or the week after to prepare for, I’m fine waiting for JS to get the right hire.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure if it's accurate, but I heard that teams can interview guys next week who are still in the playoffs. So, hopefully that's Macdonald and Johnson BOTH being in the SB.
Something in the rules about doing it during that 2 week break before the Owl.
That seems to me a very fair way to do it. Get interviews done early, like Monday or Tuesday next week, then the candidates can get back to SB preparation.

James in PA

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what “culture” do you specifically speak of?

I’m of the understanding that the “culture” @SeattleSeahawks is what is so attractive to those that have experienced it.
Culture Club?

12forlife

Reaction score
They can't even talk to Mike MacDonald until after the Super Bowl. They lost out on the opportunity because the Ravens we're the #1 seed. So, the longer they wait the more likely it is that they will want to talk to him.

Ben Johnson is headed to Washington. So, he's out.

Harbaugh to the Chargers is all but a done deal.

That leaves you with guys like Quinn, Raheem Morris, Vrabel & Bobby Slowik. My gut says Morris is the favorite out of those guys who have interviewed.

So, do you wait & gamble on MacDonald? I would. But they may not want to wait to hire someone.
I'm hearing Slowick to Washington?

Latest posts