Heavy hearted for a fellow fan

Starrman44

Reaction score
I don't really start many New Topics on here. I'm not sure where this should even be posted. If it needs moved, please do so.

My wife works as an RN in a Children's Hospital. Down here, there are both Niners and Seahawks fans that she works with. There is one gal in particular that she works with who is a Seahawks fan and she attends a lot of games (maybe a season ticket holder). My wife gets a kick out of talking to her when they work together and also following her on Facebook.

The last few weeks, my wife is always showing me pictures that her friend takes while her and her husband attend games in Seattle. Of course we just love it, because it's almost a vicarious sort thing being able to see shots from their seats while they make comments on the game and atmosphere.

Last game, I remember my wife making a few good natured comments about being jealous and also how awesome it was that her co-worker was there at the stadium with her husband.

Anyway, I got a call from my wife tonight (she's at work) and she found out that her friend's two year old child had passed away a couple days ago due to a peanut allergy.

I guess I just needed to get that off of my heart. I was in the midst of doing what a lot of you all are doing. I've been checking all the latest FX vids and trying to comb the internet for anything SB48/Seahawks related stuff I can find. I've thought a lot about all the topics that are flying around and stuff. Then my wife calls and I just really am having a hard time getting it off my mind. Of course, I have four kids 6 1/2 years old and younger, so it really hits home.

Also, if that family reads this forum, just know that my heart and my prayers are with you guys though we've never met. I hope we win the Super Bowl and that it brings you a spot of joy in this dark time.

Msfann

Reaction score
Aww :( that's sad to hear when a little one is lost like that.

sutz

Reaction score
Heartbreaking... .:( . Mods, if you move this you're really uptight. Take care of your wife and friends, man. In the end, all we have is each other.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Man so sorry to hear this. There is truly nothing worse than losing a loved one. Especially a child. Can't even imagine the pain and heartbreak.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
As a parent of a 3 and 4 year old this kind of stuff makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Sincere condolences.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayer will be with that family.
Do all you can to be there for them and encourage them in this tragic time.
Sometimes even just to listen or for them to know someone is there - means everything.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OUCH. Sorry man.

I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old myself. When you hear those stories you just put yourself in that parents shoes and see it as if it was your own child.

Horrific.

chawx

Reaction score
I have 3 kids, 14, 9, 7 and oh my god, i couldn't imagine the sheer horror and intense pain it would be to lose one of them to something like that...or in any way for that matter. This is terribly sad and nothing I say here can fix anything, but I really hope they can stay strong through this tragedy—I don't know if I could—so so sad. :(

All I can say is that maybe this Seahawks run and a victory in the Super Bowl can distract from the pain and sadness long enough to enjoy life for a night. Ugh...i'm sick thinking of how sad this is.