Help Please... (playoff scenarios)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Cursed maybe? Kind of like Cleveland or the Bengals. My other team would be Atlanta.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
morgulon1":3dxdxpjv said:
Cursed maybe? Kind of like Cleveland or the Bengals. My other team would be Atlanta.
Every last one of those teams fit the profile even Atlanta if we remember to play some form of defense.

Rat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ftxcyw1w said:
Some teams have a history of stepping it up in the playoffs and Detroit isn't one of them.
They don't have a history of anything regarding the playoffs, their history more involves choking at the end of the regular season.

I would consider the Lions a pretty big threat in the playoffs with their top-notch defense and plethora of good offensive weapons. The latter is assuming that Megatron and Reggie Bush are at full health come playoff time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rat":2zuq9e7j said:
MizzouHawkGal":2zuq9e7j said:
Some teams have a history of stepping it up in the playoffs and Detroit isn't one of them.
They don't have a history of anything regarding the playoffs, their history more involves choking at the end of the regular season.

I would consider the Lions a pretty big threat in the playoffs with their top-notch defense and plethora of good offensive weapons. The latter is assuming that Megatron and Reggie Bush are at full health come playoff time.
You forget Barry Sanders? Bad boy, bad! (Also the era before the AFL/NFL remember back then Cleveland was us and Pittsburgh blew chunks).

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't think the Packers are a lock for #1 seed.

They are 3-3 on the road and haven't been as dominant on the road as they are at home (like most teams). Their last couple road games wins were pretty close. They have two more to play and although Buffalo's offense isn't anything to write home about, their defense is playing well and will playing for their playoff lives.

Seahawks need to win Sunday and the top seed is possible, if they lose things become a little more complicated.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
PackerNation":2u3e240f said:
Good luck the rest of the way. I hope we meet in the NFCCG. The 2 best teams in the NFL start the season and end the season with the victor taking home another trophy.
:229031_cheers:
Sounds good!

For me, I have a hard time looking past that final game against the Rams, who will be coming in to play spoiler and have nothing to lose. It could get chippy, or downright ugly like last year. They always play us tough and the added motivation of knocking us down a few seeds could have them really fired up.

Ending the season against one of the league's best offenses and 3 division opponents is as exciting as it gets. Essentially, our playoffs start now (with a tiny bit of wiggle room if a few others falter).

sutz

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1mq4emmy said:
PackerNation":1mq4emmy said:
Good luck the rest of the way. I hope we meet in the NFCCG. The 2 best teams in the NFL start the season and end the season with the victor taking home another trophy.
Sounds good!

For me, I have a hard time looking past that final game against the Rams, who will be coming in to play spoiler and have nothing to lose. It could get chippy, or downright ugly like last year. They always play us tough and the added motivation of knocking us down a few seeds could have them really fired up.

Ending the season against one of the league's best offenses and 3 division opponents is as exciting as it gets. Essentially, our playoffs start now (with a tiny bit of wiggle room if a few others falter).
Hell, I thought our 'playoffs' started against AZ two weeks ago. ;)

PackerNation

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":ni20ledr said:
PackerNation":ni20ledr said:
Sounds good!

:thirishdrinkers:

You should crush the Rams. Honestly, they got lucky last time you played them. Maybe the Hawks overlooked them a bit and a few plays went their way.

I think the mentality of your organization is now laser focused like you were in Game 1 this year. Put up or shut up and I think you guys will put up.

Win out and we'll bump heads again in January.

I want Green Bay to play Seattle in Lambeau. I think it would be an outstanding game.

Rat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":v3kzme8e said:
Rat":v3kzme8e said:
MizzouHawkGal":v3kzme8e said:

You forget Barry Sanders? Bad boy, bad! (Also the era before the AFL/NFL remember back then Cleveland was us and Pittsburgh blew chunks).

I didn't forget him, he's just irrelevant to this conversation. They have nobody on their team or coaching staff who were there for those years.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
sutz":3id57x1v said:
HawkAroundTheClock":3id57x1v said:
PackerNation":3id57x1v said:
Sounds good!

Hell, I thought our 'playoffs' started against AZ two weeks ago. ;)
True dat.

And yeah, Pmed, the trick plays. I'm sure nothing would keep Fishy smiling through the offseason like knocking us out of the playoffs, or denying us the #1 or #2 seed, with some wacky special teams shenanigans. We'll have to stay frosty. That goes for every remaining game.

Latest posts