Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

godawg

Reaction score
There's still Allen, though it doesn't sound like he'll come cheap either.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":37v1tjzz said:
So far this being the top destination for free agents hasn't led anyone to take less to come here yet.

Michael Bennett? Could still be the case with Finley as well.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2mt4h101 said:
I stand corrected. Henry let's make it simple.... repeat Superbowl contender or a team in total rebuild mode choose carefully.;)

To be fair im also a vikings fan and they are definately not in complete rebuild mode. Outside of QB the Vikings offense is better than the Seahawks. The defense was/is the problem. They blew 4 or 5 games in the last minute last year and should of probably been more of a 7-9 8-8 team last year. They were dead last in points allowed.

I would imagine Zimmer will be able to turn it around and they got rid of Cook who ironically went to the 49ers. He is ok he has just been injured a ton and never gets turnovers. And by Never I literally mean Never. He has 0 int for his career haha.

With Melton that Dline would be pretty good as well, probably coming close to Seattles with Griffen, Floyd, Robison, Melton and Joseph.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":ph7js2w0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":ph7js2w0 said:
I stand corrected. Henry let's make it simple.... repeat Superbowl contender or a team in total rebuild mode choose carefully.;)

To be fair im also a vikings fan and they are definately not in complete rebuild mode. Outside of QB the Vikings offense is better than the Seahawks. The defense was/is the problem. They blew 4 or 5 games in the last minute last year and should of probably been more of a 7-9 8-8 team last year.

With Melton that Dline would be pretty good as well, probably coming close to Seattles with Griffen, Floyd, Robison, Melton and Joseph.

This is ridiculous... But at least its on the internet for all to see

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":xk3x5a5o said:
MizzouHawkGal":xk3x5a5o said:

To be fair im also a vikings fan and they are definately not in complete rebuild mode. Outside of QB the Vikings offense is better than the Seahawks. The defense was/is the problem. They blew 4 or 5 games in the last minute last year and should of probably been more of a 7-9 8-8 team last year. They were dead last in points allowed.

I would imagine Zimmer will be able to turn it around and they got rid of Cook who ironically went to the 49ers. He is ok he has just been injured a ton and never gets turnovers. And by Never I literally mean Never. He has 0 int for his career haha.

Gotta love the internet..... :lol:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1xiq3yj0 said:
WilsonMVP":1xiq3yj0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1xiq3yj0 said:

To be fair im also a vikings fan and they are definately not in complete rebuild mode. Outside of QB the Vikings offense is better than the Seahawks. The defense was/is the problem. They blew 4 or 5 games in the last minute last year and should of probably been more of a 7-9 8-8 team last year.

How is it rediculous? Do you really want to claim Lynch is better than AP? What positions are better other than QB on offense. Both teams scored 41 rushing + receiving TDs. Despite Rudolph being injured half the year and a QB carousel of Freeman, Ponder and Cassel the vikings managed to score the exact same ammount of TDs as the Seahawks did.

Look how good our offense was with Tjack we went 7-9.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AP is the only place the Vikings have an advantage. Their receiving corp and tight ends were inconsistent to say the least and that's with the easier schedule (imagine that offense in the NFC West). Their pass blocking was effective in letting their QBs sit back and make mistakes...but why blitz any of their QBs when the receivers were poor.
Their d line rarely got pressure on the QB. They were skewered across the field game in game out and left a bad lb corp and horrendous secondary to make plays

In one way were the Vikings competitive to the Seahawks. I live in MN...have to watch them year in year out. This was a terrible team this year..not an unlucky one

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1802dubj said:
Uncle Si":1802dubj said:
WilsonMVP":1802dubj said:
MizzouHawkGal":1802dubj said:

How is it rediculous? Do you really want to claim Lynch is better than AP? What positions are better other than QB on offense. Both teams scored 41 rushing + receiving TDs. Despite Rudolph being injured half the year and a QB carousel of Freeman, Ponder and Cassel the vikings managed to score the exact same ammount of TDs as the Seahawks did.

Look how good our offense was with Tjack we went 7-9.
Seahawks put up 41 points on the Vikings this year and you think it's that close? Delusion at its finest. Seahawks WRs>Vikings WRs. Seahawks TEs>Vikings TEs. I'd take our offense over Minnesota's no question about it any day.

Seaswab

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":17uhlslz said:
Seaswab":17uhlslz said:
So far this being the top destination for free agents hasn't led anyone to take less to come here yet.

Michael Bennett? Could still be the case with Finley as well.

We got Taylor Price so there's that.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1lmem4rj said:
AP is the only place the Vikings have an advantage. Their receiving corp and tight ends were inconsistent to say the least and that's with the easier schedule (imagine that offense in the NFC West). Their pass blocking was effective in letting their QBs sit back and make mistakes...but why blitz any of their QBs when the receivers were poor.
Their d line rarely got pressure on the QB. They were skewered across the field game in game out and left a bad lb corp and horrendous secondary to make plays

In one way were the Vikings competitive to the Seahawks. I live in MN...have to watch them year in year out. This was a terrible team this year..not an unlucky one

Well I think any WR group would be inconsitent with Ponder playing most of the games wouldnt you. Ponder is freaking terrible. Ya Harvin got his 600 something yards in 2012 but you know what most of those passes were? Shotgun formation WR screen and let Harvin run it. Its not a secret how he got 500 YAC out of 600 something total yards.

I wont disagree about the secondary and lb core but the dline wasnt that bad. Its hard to keep pressure on when your secondary and lbs are god awful and you are on the field down after down. And I kid you not this is the vikings defensive strategy:

Rush 4, have CBs 8-10 yards off the line and just play zone.

My main comment was just regarding their offense. With Ponder at the helm they were almost a top 10 offense in TDs scored. You wouldnt think that but its true. For total points on the season they were tied with the Colts, 4 behind the lions, and 23 points behind the Saints.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Just to add, per this dude:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 24h
Just because Henry Melton left Sea w/o a deal (headed to Dal tomorrow), don't rule out the 'Hawks. Several teams in play for Melton.

LoL, yeah Mike we're good-I think we'll go with who we got.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
A change in QB (and the development of Patterson) will help them immensely. I just think the gap between their offense with Ponder or Cassel is far bigger than you're giving credit to. Their was no separation for those receivers. Many of the offensive TDs came digging out of big holes. Its a team that isn't as close to 8-8 as the fan base want to believe.

Patterson though is a gem.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
And this from ABD's favorite writer:

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 24h
Wondering what #Cowboys could offer Henry Melton. I talked to one agent today who said they're trying to backload long-term deals.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Haha! Except for QB and not having one of the greatest defenses of all time doesn't equal you to a Super Bowl winner.

It is the same excuses every mediocre team uses.

If the Viking replaced the. Rams in the NFC West they would win 4 games a year.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hawkalypse":14hsr3jg said:

Wondering what #Cowboys could offer Henry Melton. I talked to one agent today who said they're trying to backload long-term deals.

LOL, Jerrah is a moron. "Hey, we mortgaged the future for the present once, so let's do it again!"

Oh man, the Cowboys aren't winning anything until Jerrah dies, to be honest.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Seahawks put up 41 points on the Vikings this year and you think it's that close? Delusion at its finest. Seahawks WRs>Vikings WRs. Seahawks TEs>Vikings TEs. I'd take our offense over Minnesota's no question about it any day.

Whats your point? The 49ers got beat down 29-3 and 42-13 in their last 2 games in the CLINK. Does that make them a rebuilding team and terrible. In fact the Vikings have played the last 2 years at the Clink and have done BETTER than the 49ers so I dont even want to hear that argument. The vikings have scored more points in either single game than the 49ers have in both games combined.
I would take the Seahawk offense over the Vikings offense too considering Wilson is obviously top 10, maybe top 5 QB in the league.

I think WRs are about equal- Patterson is basically Harvin just taller. Patterson might actually be better at returning than Harvin is as well.
Patterson had almost 460 or so yards receiving and 160 or so yards rushing with 7 offensive TDs. Not bad considering he barely played the first half of the year. Jennings is on the same level as Tate/Baldwin. I mean he had 800 yards and 4TD. Simpson had 700 yards.

TE is the Seahawks because of Depth. Miller and Wilson are a good combo. Rudolph individually is probably on their level though.

Oline- Both have average olines with strength at the LT and C positions. Both guard positions on both teams are the weak link.

RB- AP or Lynch. Cant go wrong with either guy. AP is one of the best RBs to play the game though.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":3lu99le5 said:

Which basically means we're going to give you a couple cheap years and then cut you when the money gets real.

Cowboys operating in the olden days still.

Everyone knows it's all about the guaranteed money now. A free agent would be stupid to sign a backloaded long-term deal with the Cowboys. They will just end up like Ware or any of the other guys they cut in recent years with the same contracts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2jvu629p said:
MizzouHawkGal":2jvu629p said:

I was thinking of Dallas not Minnesota.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2zsyxr63 said:
WilsonMVP":2zsyxr63 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2zsyxr63 said:

I was thinking of Dallas not Minnesota.

Dallas never seems to be in complete rebuild mode. They are just always in below average, mediocre mode most of the time haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts