Here we list Tom Cables accomplishments

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
KitsapGuy":26mc2la0 said:

Disgusting. Discouraging. Distant cousin who needs to desperately sleep on your couch for "just like a week, at MOST." Disjointed. Disco Balls falling on your head. Dispirited. Discomforting. Discombobulated. Dysentery. Discount Triple Check. Dis shit has gone on for too damn long.

chris98251

Reaction score
brimsalabim":17isyv8y said:
Would have been a nice set up for a screen pass though.

We don't throw screens to RB's in the flat, every Seahawk fan should know that by now, Bubble Screen or not at all.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

I have a feeling that dude made some coaches look good.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3rjqxqgh said:
SeahawksCanuck":3rjqxqgh said:
hawkfan68":3rjqxqgh said:
Jville":3rjqxqgh said:
Only one? That's blatantly false.

:177692: but I get it.

Throwing rocks and all.

Unger was drafted by Mora. Okung was drafted 2010 also before Cable but he didn't get a 2nd contract. Sweezy didn't, Carpenter didn't...so who is/are the other offensive lineman(s) besides Britt to get a 2nd contract on Seahawks?
This is technically true if you mean second contract with the Seahawks. But it's a bit misleading: Okung's first contract was 6 years (although his first year wasn't under Cable). Also multiple players got big money with other teams. The fact they went somewhere else isn't really a coaching failure.

With that said, Cable is an assistant head coach, former NFL head coach, and presumably should have a lot of pull with the organization. I'd assume he has more to do with the makeup of the line than just pure coaching. If the oline problems are a result of JS/PC being unwilling to invest in the position, over Cable's objections, and Cable really is a great coach, he should really just quit, because he's being setup to fail.

"The result was terrible, but it would have been even more terrible if not for me" isn't exactly an inspiring accomplishment in any profession.

I assumed this would be given since we are talking about the Seahawks. A player getting a second contact with another team doesn't help the Seahawks. I'll try to add more clarity in the future.
It's definitely not a given since your comment was in the context of coaching. It's hard to argue that someone like Sweezy getting a 30 million dollar contract after being developed by Cable is a coaching failure.

Now as I said, I'd expect someone with Cable's experience to have a lot more influence than a simple positional coach and help JS/PC with drafting, trades, contract decisions, etc. But from a pure coaching perspective, where that second contract is signed is kind of irrelevant.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9deizikc said:
Did you guys watch Marshawn destroy defender after defender in a Raiders uniform yesterday?

He still had some decent holes and then pulled off some off the Marshawn magic. For all the complaints at the time, Marshawn actually ran behind some decent lines here (especially in run protection). Would any of us not kill for Okung-Carpenter-Unger-Sweezy-Giacomini (plus Miller blocking at TE and Robinson at FB) at this point?

Smellyman

Reaction score
He got fired a lot. Managed to get fired at Idaho, gone when mora fired in Atlanta, Fired after pathetic run in Oakland.

Learned under the great Head Coaches prior to Pete of Jim Mora and Lane Kifin.

Bevell and Cable go together like whatever the opposite of chocolate and peanut butter is.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Smellyman":222p9u57 said:
He got fired a lot. Managed to get fired at Idaho, gone when mora fired in Atlanta, Fired after pathetic run in Oakland.

Learned under the great Head Coaches prior to Pete of Jim Mora and Lane Kifin.

Bevell and Cable go together like whatever the opposite of chocolate and peanut butter is.

Funny you should bring that up. Tom Cable has been fired in 3 years or less at every job he has had since 1998. He has been fired as an OC a HC and a line coach. He got fired by his own alma mater Idaho. Tom Cable is a spiclaist in failure.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":y2j45nr6 said:

Thought the same thing. Made me wonder if the O-line was more of a problem then many thought in 2012-2014.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2r51m2fj said:
DavidSeven":2r51m2fj said:

Thought the same thing. Made me wonder if the O-line was more of a problem then many thought in 2012-2014.

No, it was much better those years and now Lynch gets to run behind perhaps the best OL in the league.

HawkGA

Reaction score
DavidSeven":283r8xvf said:

DavidSeven in da house!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":nyim5owy said:
I made this OL Performance chart last season, but it still holds true today.

I remember your chart from last season. Pure genius

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":1zotqr34 said:
hawkfan68":1zotqr34 said:
SeahawksCanuck":1zotqr34 said:
hawkfan68":1zotqr34 said:
Unger was drafted by Mora. Okung was drafted 2010 also before Cable but he didn't get a 2nd contract. Sweezy didn't, Carpenter didn't...so who is/are the other offensive lineman(s) besides Britt to get a 2nd contract on Seahawks?
This is technically true if you mean second contract with the Seahawks. But it's a bit misleading: Okung's first contract was 6 years (although his first year wasn't under Cable). Also multiple players got big money with other teams. The fact they went somewhere else isn't really a coaching failure.

With that said, Cable is an assistant head coach, former NFL head coach, and presumably should have a lot of pull with the organization. I'd assume he has more to do with the makeup of the line than just pure coaching. If the oline problems are a result of JS/PC being unwilling to invest in the position, over Cable's objections, and Cable really is a great coach, he should really just quit, because he's being setup to fail.

"The result was terrible, but it would have been even more terrible if not for me" isn't exactly an inspiring accomplishment in any profession.

I assumed this would be given since we are talking about the Seahawks. A player getting a second contact with another team doesn't help the Seahawks. I'll try to add more clarity in the future.
It's definitely not a given since your comment was in the context of coaching. It's hard to argue that someone like Sweezy getting a 30 million dollar contract after being developed by Cable is a coaching failure.

Now as I said, I'd expect someone with Cable's experience to have a lot more influence than a simple positional coach and help JS/PC with drafting, trades, contract decisions, etc. But from a pure coaching perspective, where that second contract is signed is kind of irrelevant.

Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie, JR Sweezy, James Carpenter got second contracts with other teams. However, JS/PC didn't seem to see the value in resigning those players. JS/PC went out an signed a player on another team for a higher deal - Luke Joeckel for $8M. That pretty much tells you that Cable's coaching is a failure at developing players for the Seahawks. While getting player to contracts with other teams in the NFL helps Cable's resume on an individual basis, he's not helping his employer, Seattle Seahawks, in that capacity one bit.

edogg23

Reaction score
If you are Paul Allen watching that game, how to you stop yourself from doing something after watching that dumpster fire of an O-Line again. It makes you wonder what cable would have to do to actually get fired.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
edogg23":2vap8jxh said:
If you are Paul Allen watching that game, how to you stop yourself from doing something after watching that dumpster fire of an O-Line again. It makes you wonder what cable would have to do to actually get fired.

Short of a racist rant, I can't think anything.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
He's the common denominator. We can't identify OL talent and we can't coach it. Haven't been able to for years. Not sure why Cable is retained. I'd genuinely be interested to hear an argument in favor of keeping Cable. Anyone have one?

mrt144

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3qf3brb0 said:
Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie, JR Sweezy, James Carpenter got second contracts with other teams. However, JS/PC didn't seem to see the value in resigning those players. JS/PC went out an signed a player on another team for a higher deal - Luke Joeckel for $8M. That pretty much tells you that Cable's coaching is a failure at developing players for the Seahawks. While getting player to contracts with other teams in the NFL helps Cable's resume on an individual basis, he's not helping his employer, Seattle Seahawks, in that capacity one bit.

Exactly. These are great stories for the individual players and terrible for our bottom line while they learn on the job to become great stories later.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
massari":34c7n5rq said:
Rat":34c7n5rq said:
He socked that one dude pretty good in the face.
I thought that was his ex wife(s)?
Thought it was the girlfriend he was cheating on his wife with. Can't remember, but I do remember 49er fans were about to mutiny when rumors of cable getting hired surfaced.