Hi Hawks Fans- Longtime Giants Fan here to chat about game

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3r3jxyrs said:
I watched every snap of the Giants Broncos game and after the game I came away with one thought.

The Giants are the worst team in the NFC East and will be lucky to win 5 games.

I'll take that bet LOL

The Giants will not lose another NFC East game this year (baring major injuries) but hopefully we have fulfilled our injury quota

I think you must really hate the Broncos.......I think you guys will lose this one but sweep the rest of the schedule

calihawk

Reaction score
Your thoughts was how i felt after watching Denver get handled,I would like to say the Seahawks coaching staff watched and would make adjustments but this was a trap game before the Denver game and one game planning isn't a Seattle trait.

The change in who made the play calls worked out well . unfortunately the Seahawk head coach thinks mediocrity in play calling is the way to go.

Hoping for a defensive masterpiece and Seahawks win.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Woah I wasn't sure if this dude was trolling at first. Only one of your losses was due to a 61 yard FG, btw. Do you really believe Darkwa is going to out-rush Lev Bell, Gurley, Fournette, Zeke (assuming suspension pushed off til next season), Freeman, Shady, etc? That sounds insane to me. Your OL hasn't shown to be consistently good at run blocking.

I'm more scared of the Giants defense tbh. Could easily destroy our OL. Don't expect our RBs to gain more than 40 yards on the ground tbh. Y'all did face Siemian though, and while Russ has been inconsistent this year and this game is on the road, he's far superior to Siemian. Could go either way tbh but damn y'all are 1-5... it's almost certainly over no matter what happens.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
:snack:
adeltaY":2fzcjnkd said:
Woah I wasn't sure if this dude was trolling at first. Only one of your losses was due to a 61 yard FG, btw. Do you really believe Darkwa is going to out-rush Lev Bell, Gurley, Fournette, Zeke (assuming suspension pushed off til next season), Freeman, Shady, etc? That sounds insane to me. Your OL hasn't shown to be consistently good at run blocking.

I'm more scared of the Giants defense tbh. Could easily destroy our OL. Don't expect our RBs to gain more than 40 yards on the ground tbh. Y'all did face Siemian though, and while Russ has been inconsistent this year and this game is on the road, he's far superior to Siemian. Could go either way tbh but damn y'all are 1-5... it's almost certainly over no matter what happens.

We dont see it that way

We lost 5 last year too

It dosent mater when you lose the 5..........just keep it at 5

And Yes Darkwa should end up as the top RB from last week forward.......He's the smartest of the bunch
the most patient and the most downhill runnner

adeltaY

Reaction score
BlueClue":3la1kw1h said:

We dont see it that way

We lost 5 last year too

True, but last year your defense (+ Odell being Odell) was so good that you swept the #1 seed cowboy team. This year you opened by getting creamed by a worse Cowboy team. The Eagles own you guys, even when they've been garbage and they're one of the best in the league this year. I remember 27-0 back in 2014. What are they, 7-2 against the Giants since 2013? There's your loss. That's assuming you can beat the Chiefs, Skins twice, Rams, and even the Cowboys again. And as you very well know you need to do this without OBJ.

Also, tell me straight up you think Darkwa will out-rush Le'veon Bell assuming both stay healthy and available the rest of the season.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I like how these opposing fans "come in peace" then once they get a few replies they get all defensive and start guaranteeing wins and comparing junk sizes. :D

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
BlueClue":1h6kvt5m said:
I usually know within 10 game minutes whos going to win.....you can sense it, especially in the trenches

:177692:

If that's the case, you may find the 2nd half Hawks (well, last drive of the first half and 4th quarter, anyway) are usually quite different than the rest of the game, and especially the start. You may come away quite disappointed if you base your hopes on the initial impressions. Hawks first quarter is usually several 3 and outs.

Seymour

Reaction score
BlueClue":1fl4k0b7 said:
adeltaY":1fl4k0b7 said:

We dont see it that way

We lost 5 last year too

Yes it "dose mater".

Sunday you will find out why.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2xs5sfly said:
I like how these opposing fans "come in peace" then once they get a few replies they get all defensive and start guaranteeing wins and comparing junk sizes. :D

"Everyone's got a plan until they get hit with some facts."

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
adeltaY":28m8kvmj said:
BlueClue":28m8kvmj said:

We dont see it that way

We lost 5 last year too

True, but last year your defense (+ Odell being Odell) was so good that you swept the #1 seed cowboy team. This year you opened by getting creamed by a worse Cowboy team. The Eagles own you guys, even when they've been garbage and they're one of the best in the league this year. I remember 27-0 back in 2014. What are they, 7-2 against the Giants since 2013? There's your loss. That's assuming you can beat the Chiefs, Skins twice, Rams, and even the Cowboys again. And as you very well know you need to do this without OBJ.

Also, tell me straight up you think Darkwa will out-rush Le'veon Bell assuming both stay healthy and available the rest of the season.

Honeslty I dont think there is a player or coach other than Eli that was on the 2013 team

Odell is a head case- you want him?

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
BlueClue":39vgkt2v said:
adeltaY":39vgkt2v said:
BlueClue":39vgkt2v said:

We dont see it that way

We lost 5 last year too

Honeslty I dont think there is a player or coach other than Eli that was on the 2013 team

Odell is a head case- you want him?

yes he will out rush them all

I'm happy Odell and Marshall are gone.......Marshall has alligator arms of stone, and Odell was a distraction- big time
We are less talented without him but a better "team"

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm sorry, the notion that a guy with 527 career yards in 3.5 seasons is going to suddenly become the best RB in the league and we should all cower in fear is hilarious.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":e4f7bj98 said:
I'm sorry, the notion that a guy with 527 career yards in 3.5 seasons is going to suddenly become the best RB in the league and we should all cower in fear is hilarious.

it is right?? What a story It will set the tone for the Giant season

The Yankees were dead and buried in Cleveland, Dead and Buried in Houston

The 100 year cursed Red Sox were down 3-0 to the Yankees

Buster Douglas had a plan

The 18-0 Patriots were like a Roman Legion ..........Masters of all they surveyed

The 1990 Bills were the best offense to ever play the game

I'll stick with my team til we lose 8 (if we do)

chris98251

Reaction score
BlueClue":3vpxsmm3 said:
FlyingGreg":3vpxsmm3 said:
I wouldn't be that excited you are playing us in Met Life. We have never lost in that stadium (beating the Giants, Jets, and Broncos in the SB).

I like Darkwa. I don't like your receiving corps with all the injuries.

We will scheme heavily to stop Darkwa and Evan Engram. After that, soneone for the G Men is going to have to step up. Our D just forced 5 turnovers and held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to 10 points, in their house.

Should be a good one, and definitely low scoring. Time of possession and field position will dictate a lot.

I dont know how you stop Engram and Darkwa......good luck with that......You cannot scheme to stop Darkwa, and everyone out of habit thinks a LBer can cover Engram- they cannot

Shepard will be returning for this game.......he is by far our best WR ..........even better than The DIVA- Biebs best Buddy

We have speed at LB and a Safety the size of a LB, Darkwa will be contained, yes every once in a while a player tries to do to much and leaves his gap, where you see big runs happen once in a while. If he was all that in the first place he would not be a 4 year guy just popping out of the woodwork.

Engram may get some catches, we seem to forget seam routes for TE's are part of an offense, although if Eli hangs him out to dry Kam and or Earl even Bradley McDougald could Light up his life and he will be counting stars.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
chris98251":11fk2w1p said:
BlueClue":11fk2w1p said:
FlyingGreg":11fk2w1p said:
I wouldn't be that excited you are playing us in Met Life. We have never lost in that stadium (beating the Giants, Jets, and Broncos in the SB).

I like Darkwa. I don't like your receiving corps with all the injuries.

We will scheme heavily to stop Darkwa and Evan Engram. After that, soneone for the G Men is going to have to step up. Our D just forced 5 turnovers and held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to 10 points, in their house.

Should be a good one, and definitely low scoring. Time of possession and field position will dictate a lot.

I dont know how you stop Engram and Darkwa......good luck with that......You cannot scheme to stop Darkwa, and everyone out of habit thinks a LBer can cover Engram- they cannot

Shepard will be returning for this game.......he is by far our best WR ..........even better than The DIVA- Biebs best Buddy

We have speed at LB and a Safety the size of a LB, Darkwa will be contained, yes every once in a while a player tries to do to much and leaves his gap, where you see big runs happen once in a while. If he was all that in the first place he would not be a 4 year guy just popping out of the woodwork.

Engram may get some catches, we seem to forget seam routes for TE's are part of an offense, although if Eli hangs him out to dry Kam and or Earl even Bradley McDougald could Light up his life and he will be counting stars.

Eli does have a tendency to lead receivers to Sir Barts Cellar but thats Eli

never said he was consistently as accurate as Tom Shady

adeltaY

Reaction score
Oh so you're one of those Giants fans who hates your best player. One of the most electric players in the league and pretty much your entire offense. Is he a diva? Yes. Are you worse off without him on the field. 100% undoubtedly.

If you really thing Darkwa will out rush Lev Bell you are delusional. It seems like you just want to believe your team will mount some sort of fantastical comeback, which is fine, you're a fan I guess, but you have to realize it sounds ludicrous.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
adeltaY":26s91x61 said:
Oh so you're one of those Giants fans who hates your best player. One of the most electric players in the league and pretty much your entire offense. Is he a diva? Yes. Are you worse off without him on the field. 100% undoubtedly.

If you really thing Darkwa will out rush Lev Bell you are delusional. It seems like you just want to believe your team will mount some sort of fantastical comeback, which is fine, you're a fan I guess, but you have to realize it sounds ludicrous.

Yeah I know it does
Thats why I come here to say it and not the GMB

No one wants to hear what a distraction and magnet of negativity Odell is.

He is gone for the year- Next Man UP!! Sometimes a star emerges from this sort of urgency

Why not Darkwa..........all he's ever done is deliver everytime he's been called upon but Coughlin and MacAdoodle kept him nailed to the bench

If MacAdoodle returns Perkins to the Starting lineup when healthy I will lose it

Seymour

Reaction score
BlueClue":173esk53 said:
adeltaY":173esk53 said:

Yeah I know it does
Thats why I come here to say it and not the GMB

No one wants to hear what a distraction and magnet of negativity Odell is.

He is gone for the year- Net Man UP!! Sometimes a star emerges from this sort of urgency

Why not Darkwa..........all he's ever done is deliver everytime he's been called upon but Coughlin and MacAdoodle kept him nailed to the bench

If MacAdoodle returns Perkins to the Starting lineup when healthy I will lose it

I get it.

uxbejr5ibqnx.gif

StoneCold

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2y4yprie said:
I don't get how a fan of a 1-5 team can chest thump this hard. I'm sure beating the Donks in Denver felt great, but to act like that game wasn't an outlier at this point is ridiculous. The Hawks currently have a stronger roster at every position group, though an argument can be made for the offensive lines. To suggest Darkwa is unstoppable is laughable. There isn't a single RB in the league that's unstoppable.

The Giants basically have to run the table at this point to make it to the playoffs. Yeah, they're going to be motivated, but losing to the Lions, Bucs and Chargers shouldn't inspire much confidence so far this season. Their offense was arguably the healthiest it will be all season and they put up 3 points against the Cowboys to start the season - you said it yourself, Shepard is better than OBJ ( :lol: )... Blah blah blah, Darkwa wasn't starting, the OC wasn't calling the plays, blah blah blah.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for the Giants to win, but have some perspective and respect for a team that's proven their grit and talent year-after-year for 5 seasons now. The Giants have one winning season in 4 years and the media and their fans can't help but act like they're a top franchise again. That 0-5 start has proven otherwise.

I guess I trust in consistency and patterns more than I do one-off desperation wins.

Joke I saw on twitter...or maybe here.

Hawks Oline: We are the worst!
Giants Oline: Hold my beer.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Wow. It's a pleasant surprise to see a fan of a 1-5 team talking up his club like they are the greatest thing on sliced toast. Losing Odell is a good thing. A pedestrian back is the next coming or Adrian Peterson. A TE will destroy us all by himself. Eli is better than ever.

Can't imagine what this site would be like if the Hawks were 1-5. We are 3-2 and you 'd think the sky was falling.

Anyways, BlueClue, good luck on Sunday. I think its a close game but i could see a blowout by the Hawks if the D starts getting some turnovers. It's a strength on weakness game for both teams. Two bad offenses facing two good defenses with good pass rushes. Giants have HFA so that's worth something. Didn't help them in 2011 and 2013. We'll see if 2017 is the charm.

i'd actually be more worried if the Giants had lost to Denver. Hate playing winless teams. Broncos found out why last week. But assuming that victory will be a rallying cry for a 10 game win streak is pushing it a bit far. Could it be? Sure. But not likely. Reeling off ten straight wins in the NFL is far harder than coming back to win 4 straight in a baseball series.