Holy Ram

RedAlice

Reaction score
me too! I just learned how much they HATE Jeff Fisher for a dirty hit on Merriman - something I know nothing about.

Then I was informed that this is no Trent Green/Kurt Warner situation and that R Harrison's hit was not illegal. The topic hadn't even been brought up - this was outta the blue.

They seem to have a lot of venom towards the Rams that I did not know about.

Hope they can protect their QB.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well Alice, the current team does not resemble the one we played, and I'm pretty sure it won't be 105 degrees this Sunday.

Go get 'em.

NINEster

Reaction score
So, I've been looking around and cannot find info on this:

What did the Rams do to shut down Peyton so well? I was hoping to see a real article somewhere on this, with all 22 breakdowns. This is probably the upset of the year by far, even more than KC/New England.

I figure there was some element of a trap game to this, but this was his lowest point total as a Bronco. And as good as the Rams defense can be at times, they still aren't as well rounded IMO as the other NFC West defenses, none of which stymied Peyton to the same level this season.

It's almost like Peyton can be taken down by a one trick pony kind of defense.

It harkens back to what Rodney Harrison said a few weeks ago about Peyton Manning -- you don't beat him with scheme, you beat him by roughing up his receivers and getting to him.

I definitely enjoyed the beating, and hope to see them hand the other Manning a similar beating in a few weeks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
There are some articles/interview tapes on it - I will find some for you tomorrow.

Quinn has some pretty good quotes about what happened during the game in his opinion.

One of the more interesting quotes to me was from a Jeff Fisher interview where he said they practiced red zone defense hard all week during practice because Peyton is so good in the end zone. And then, they never even got there.

Some other info is from Laurinaitus and the way they changed the play calls quickly based on what he saw Denver setting up. That's actually how Wake got that great sac on Hill as they changed the call w a check at the last second from a run to a pass or vice, and our rookie LT Robinson didn't get it, so he just simply froze and there went the sac.

Latest posts