Hopefully Schotty attends.

acer1240

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ql7siec said:
acer1240":3ql7siec said:
My only point was that it was a total team loss.

Is that so hard for some to understand?

This team is in good hands

Yes, because it is complete and utter BS.

The loss is ENTIRELY on the coach.

Anyone who has ever played the game will tell you the same thing. It was stubbornly stupid and should never have happened.

Horseshit.

I suppose you want to fire everyone and start over.......

Bring some shit to the table. Should we change the OC every time he pisses you off?

Bet you wanted them to fire Pete when we were down 21-0 to the Bucs, eh?

D

DomeHawk

acer1240":ceuw98vw said:
DomeHawk":ceuw98vw said:
acer1240":ceuw98vw said:

Anyone who has ever played the game will tell you the same thing. It was stubbornly stupid and should never have happened.

Horseshit.

Bring some shit to the table. Should we change the OC every time he pisses you off?

Where did I say fire everyone? if you are going to respond to my posts at least, and I know it's difficult for you, try to be honest.

Yes, we should fire the OC, he was a bad hire and he cost us that game. Yes, all by himself.

You remind me of the Bevell apologists we had to suffer through for years.

acer1240

Reaction score
DomeHawk":sem16pn8 said:
acer1240":sem16pn8 said:
DomeHawk":sem16pn8 said:
acer1240":sem16pn8 said:

Horseshit.

Where did I say fire everyone? if you are going to respond to my posts at least, and I know it's difficult for you, try to be honest.

Yes, we should fire the OC, he was a bad hire and he cost us that game. Yes, all by himself.

Your signature begs to differ

D

DomeHawk

acer1240":94psobm2 said:
DomeHawk":94psobm2 said:
acer1240":94psobm2 said:
DomeHawk":94psobm2 said:

Horseshit.

How is that? The signature refers to the players.

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":1ndvga0r said:
acer1240":1ndvga0r said:
DomeHawk":1ndvga0r said:
acer1240":1ndvga0r said:
Horseshit.

How is that? The signature refers to the players.

And, my complaint isn't about whether we run too much or not, it is directed at coaches who cannot, or will not, adapt to game-time obvious situations.

chris98251

Reaction score
Petes premise is wear down a defense, take some shots, control the clock and then benefit from the 3 quarters of beat down on a tired defense. Can't do that if you give up too soon. Yes it's a catch 22, you have to know when they are going to break thru or not and when to change it up. There are time that the defense just starts giving up chunks 5 minutes into the 4th especially if you have a lead.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1jo1evyk said:
Petes premise is wear down a defense, take some shots, control the clock and then benefit from the 3 quarters of beat down on a tired defense. Can't do that if you give up too soon. Yes it's a catch 22, you have to know when they are going to break thru or not and when to change it up. There are time that the defense just starts giving up chunks 5 minutes into the 4th especially if you have a lead.

No offense but we know that and at times it was very successful, but in this game it was not AND it was obvious. You cannot wait until the very end of the game hoping for a heroic comeback.

mrt144

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2yebw1yj said:
chris98251":2yebw1yj said:

No offense but we know that and at times it was very successful, but in this game it was not AND it was obvious. You cannot wait until the very end of the game hoping for a heroic comeback.

You can, but it's a high variance contradiction to the low variance game you've tried to play all day. Which is why it might not be optimal to play that way at times. Sometimes it's that just that tough of a day out there.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":111fee5t said:
Smellyman":111fee5t said:

35 passing TD's for Russell, QBR of 110, #6 Red Zone offense, #8 in total points..............................btw, also almost set a record for offensive turnovers in NFL history, 11.

Nah, Schotty's just fine. He had a great year with a new team, new QB, new coach and trying to install a new offense.

and he led the league in TDs and yards last year with the crappiest of crap lines that ever crappily blocked which Solari is fixing. He had great years under Bevell too. RW is a pimp and right now is in the prime of his career, a generational player.. Not even Cabevell could make him a bad player.

Use him. Especially in a win or go home scenario when you couldn't run the dang ball. It's not asking that much and not stinking rocket science.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smellyman":2a67lfgd said:
Sgt. Largent":2a67lfgd said:
Smellyman":2a67lfgd said:

35 passing TD's for Russell, QBR of 110, #6 Red Zone offense, #8 in total points..............................btw, also almost set a record for offensive turnovers in NFL history, 11.

Nah, Schotty's just fine. He had a great year with a new team, new QB, new coach and trying to install a new offense.

and he led the league in TDs and yards last year with the crappiest of crap lines that ever crappily blocked which Solari is fixing. He had great years under Bevell too. RW is a pimp and right now is in the prime of his career, a generational player.. Not even Cabevell could make him a bad player.

Use him. Especially in a win or go home scenario when you couldn't run the dang ball. It's not asking that much and not stinking rocket science.

We are using him, that's why I posted his incredible stats.

This notion that we're misusing Russell or holding him back from being even GREATER is a false narrative that you guys need to stop.

Did you ever stop to think we ARE using Russell correctly and getting the best out of him because having him drop back 40 times a game and exposing himself to hits and contact running for his life might not be the best way to keep him healthy, nor the best way to win, especially in December and the playoffs?

I mean, other than attempts and yards, neither of which leads to wins and SB's, how exactly could Russell be used better? He's a rhythm/tempo QB that once he gets into that zone can shred a defense downfield and make plays with his feet.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ljnwuv1 said:
Smellyman":1ljnwuv1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ljnwuv1 said:
Smellyman":1ljnwuv1 said:

We are using him, that's why I posted his incredible stats.

This notion that we're misusing Russell or holding him back from being even GREATER is a false narrative that you guys need to stop.

Did you ever stop to think we ARE using Russell correctly and getting the best out of him because having him drop back 40 times a game and exposing himself to hits and contact running for his life might not be the best way to keep him healthy, nor the best way to win, especially in December and the playoffs?

I mean, other than attempts and yards, neither of which leads to wins and SB's, how exactly could Russell be used better? He's a rhythm/tempo QB that once he gets into that zone can shred a defense downfield and make plays with his feet.

The thing that constantly falsifies this notion that we are getting MAXRUSS is seeing far younger QBs excel in far greater proportion to their experience using tactical elements from the offensive and head coaching staff itself to accomplish that.

Trubiski alone should ratchet back the notion that all is being done to foster MAXRUSS.

Now I won't argue against the notion that there is less marginal utility in trying to shoot for MAXRUSS at this point but, my intuition has me thinking we're getting about 85% of what we could be getting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":13y0xbb9 said:
Now I won't argue against the notion that there is less marginal utility in trying to shoot for MAXRUSS at this point but, my intuition has me thinking we're getting about 85% of what we could be getting.

I'd buy 85%, I'm not saying our offensive schemes or situational playcalling is perfect. There are many times during the season that I can point to where I wished we'd open it up a little, including the Dallas playoff game.

But that's football, no team, coach or QB calls a perfect game. Also football is there is no ONE way to win, so I love our old school pound the rock, use Russell's beautiful play action ability and run around to make explosive plays downfield............................ and build another great defense, and I think we're there.

Sometimes I think we get too much grass is greener elsewhere syndrome. All I'd say to that is look around the playoffs, and you'll see that every team has one thing in common, good run games and balance. Every playoff team is in the top 15 in rushing, and KC was top 10 before Hunt got the boot.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jsfldgd said:
mrt144":2jsfldgd said:

I'd buy 85%, I'm not saying our offensive schemes or situational playcalling is perfect. There are many times during the season that I can point to where I wished we'd open it up a little, including the Dallas playoff game.

But that's football, no team, coach or QB calls a perfect game. Also football is there is no ONE way to win, so I love our old school pound the rock, use Russell's beautiful play action ability and run around to make explosive plays downfield............................ and build another great defense, and I think we're there.

Sometimes I think we get too much grass is greener elsewhere syndrome. All I'd say to that is look around the playoffs, and you'll see that every team has one thing in common, good run games and balance. Every playoff team is in the top 15 in rushing, and KC was top 10 before Hunt got the boot.

Dude, the grass is always greener because they play on a damn field. Which is why in Oakland the grass was almost never greener. ;)

But yeah, that's absolutely the case and we see it manifested differently among each fan according to their pet theory of where they think the most room for improvement stands or whatever is seemingly 'the method' like rookie QB with a baller cast.