Horrible TD call cost Seahawks the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

253hawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3ho43kek said:
Your seeing things that’s a td

Not a single ref put their hands up to signal it as a TD. They all witnessed it in real time and couldn't determine if Thomas was out of bounds or not...but they are able to figure it out with a conference? Uhh, okay. Eyewitness memory in full effect now. So now it's a scoring play and gets to be reviewed. Except somehow, now it's 'too close to call' either way because even the guys with slow-mo zoomed in video and multiple angles can't tell (actually they can because the ball of his foot rolls right on the line) so the original call (second original call actually) is that it's a TD and stands? Like WTF...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, they could have scored on the next play. But it doesn't take away the fact that they CHOSE to just decide it was a TD when there is no way his feet were both down. And NOBODY said it a TD to start. But magically, the home team gets the TD. Yeah, that never happens.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2kidfe4v said:
My first impression is that he was out, but that's before I saw the replay today and that the white of the sideline was off -- it's a bit fainter, but it goes to the inside-side of the pylon rather than starting at the outside-side of the pylon.

Basically that means that his foot can be an extra four inches or so into the white and he'd still be in bounds.

I'm guessing this is what caused the disagreement about him being out or not between the refs?

In any case, in a very close scoring play for which the refs really can't tell the difference I'd prefer them to call it a touchdown and go into automatic review every single time. That means that if it stays inconclusive it remains a TD, but that's better than the alternative, in which it doesn't automatically get reviewed.

Still though, after watching that replay and seeing the discrepancy in the sideline colors I think that's *probably* a TD and ended up being correctly called. Still though, the angle isn't great and I wouldn't say that definitively. Having four inches of white still in bounds just messes with my eyes a little bit, and gives me a headache.

LOL. The out of bounds line is supposed to extend to the end of the pylon. The faint couple inches of paint is supposed to be OUT OF BOUNDS.

But why am I not surprised that a Whiner fan would invent such a crazy interpretation? LOL.

296802-Football-Pylon.jpg

Football pylon rental

Porter weighted football pylons set of 4

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Hawkpower":168xn0hw said:
Every year we see the Seahawks get screwed repeatedly by horrendous calls and then when they are properly pointed out here, we get the cascade of "well thats not why they lost" posts or "they still had their chances" posts.

So sick of it.

That they could have or should have won anyway is pointless. That they played like dog poo at times is irrelevant. They shouldn't have to beat the Broncos AND overcome 14 gifted points on top of it. The failed fumble call and the erroneous TD call, if properly officiated, swings the game in a different direction, and that is justifiably maddening to fans just looking for competently officiated games.

Not too much to ask.

It’s not just the Seahawks. It’s every team. The NFL is very hard to watch sometimes. I can’t watch games where the refs call Ricky tac calls. And it always seems they favor one team or another.

I used to believe the NFL didn’t have a bias. But then I started to see they really do point games in a certain direction. After 2005 I stop trusting the integrity of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Yep, at the end of the day it is entertainment.

During the San Fran game the announcers were yukking it up how Sherman got away with a push because he's a star vet (Or maybe the refs are afraid of his acid tongue/pen).

Home teams will always get preferential treatment. Vets/stars will always get pref treatment. It makes for better viewing, the narrative. But hey, every team gets 8 home and 8 away. View accordingly?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1zihg5bn said:
Calls by the Referees will determine the winner of every close NFL game this year

Calls by the Referees will make sure that every game is close this year.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Denver gets a FG on that drive, our offense goes nowhere, their offense moves it at will once again and gets at least another FG to win the game. We still lose.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2n1qf7sb said:
You should expect the defense to give up 27.

Especially when the offense is playing like it did.

What I didn't expect was seeing this offense score less than 30. That won't cut it.
:roll: ..........BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Steve2222

Reaction score
He was clearly out of bounds and I knew the refs wouldn’t reverse it.

Oh well

minormillikin

Reaction score
I was more annoyed by the blatant hold by a Denver WR on their first touchdown. It was clear as day from the 500 section of the stadium and confirmed when I saw replays afterward.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
JimmyG":2sc5aqu9 said:
Even if, let's say, the refs got the call wrong (which I disagree with), this play occurred on 1st and goal from the 4-yard line. Do you really trust our defense to make a stand here? They moved the ball very well against us yesterday (6.5 yards per carry, 25 first downs, etc).

I really hate this type of bullshit. If nothing else, our last play of our last Super Bowl should have stopped you dead in your tracks while typing it.

Jville

Reaction score
Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?

Jville

Reaction score
Do uncomfortable questions elicit name calling responses?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jville":4e503szf said:

No, just the stupid hyperbolic questions.

"Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?"

Pointing out some poor refereeing hardly fits into the above.

Jville

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1ignmyx2 said:
Jville":1ignmyx2 said:

No, just the stupid hyperbolic questions.

"Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?"

Pointing out some poor refereeing hardly fits into the above.

My Oh My ..... so an uncomfortable question can also elicit a nonsense response as a companion response?

Neither a Google or Bing search return anything for "hyperbolic questions". Closest search return address "questions about hyperbolic (math) functions"

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":2ebnu7v7 said:
Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances?

Yes. I've committed my life's work to this just as you have yours to silly exaggerations. I appreciate your contributions also. :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":3svzg4a1 said:
Jville":3svzg4a1 said:

Yes. I've committed my life's work to this just as you have yours to silly exaggerations. I appreciate your contributions also. :2thumbs:

A question is not an exaggeration. A question is a question.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":zfipv0zt said:
Seymour":zfipv0zt said:
Jville":zfipv0zt said:

Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances about other people’s grievances?

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2wxl4va0 said:
Jville":2wxl4va0 said:
Seymour":2wxl4va0 said:
Jville":2wxl4va0 said:

Are there those among us whose life's work is that of dedicating a life time to gathering and collecting grievances about other people’s grievances?

I suppose this thread is dedicated to grieving so carry on ..... :229031_shrug: ....... although, it doesn't do much for the pursuit of happiness in following the Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts