Horrific Game. Thankfully a Win.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We should have all seen this coming. A team that all they heard all week long was how they were going to be dominated by the darling's of the NFC...Lost their starting QB, World Series is going on at the same time, the stadium would be a morgue, etc, etc, etc...

These should ALL have been indicators to what kind of game we saw tonight. The Rams had NOTHING TO LOSE. They could AND DID pin their ears back for 60 minutes of football on defense. They made our backup OL look like little toddlers out there. Absolute domination.

Of course, a win is a win...

But this game raised some serious concerns. Tate's taunting was classless, period. It was bad enough to taunt on the way into the endzone but to keep it up well after? Childish. I get it was frustration built up but Tate needs to be above that BS. That's the kind of negative attention we can always do without. JUST LET YOUR PLAY DO YOUR TALKING!

If Rice is out indefinitely with a knee injury...That sucks to state the obvious.

Russell...Hardly the perfect quintessential game and he had a few boneheaded plays but under that kind of pressure and duress through 60 minutes, I'll take it. Besides, it may not always be pretty but all that boy does is WIN.

The refs were out in full force tonight. Many of those calls seemed atrocious to me. FLAG HAPPY anyone??

Well at least I won't have to spend the time to rewatch that nightmare game. Being sick the past few days it was all I could do to watch it live. I made it to half time and decided to go find better things to do with my time to save my already fragile stomach and pitter-pater heart. I think I spent 80% of the game being updated by refreshing the Gameday Forum. It's a strange way to watch Seahawks Football but I have to say it's highly entertaining.

I'm going to watch 5th Quarter with Paul Silvi and go to bed. I need to get this game out of my head.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not sure of what to think of the Hawks at this point, I'm glad were 7-1, but today there were alot of "Wtf" moments. Obviously it starts with the O line. The refs have seemed more than horrible with the Seahawks on the road of late, glad I'm not the only one.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
At home vs the Bucs this Sunday....cures a lot of ills.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing. I just love when fans (not naming names) get on their high horses insinuating that they are better fans than those who show displeasure over poor performance. As if you can only be a true diehard fan if you praise the team and are thankful for the record. Come on.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Bottom line is the Rams defense has had our number the last two years home and away. They are just a bad match up for us and they will probably give us a tough game at home as well. I am so glad they had their back up QB in tonight. I don't think we win otherwise but maybe I'm wrong.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
No judgment here. Seahawks win! It was tough on me, but they got it done. Here's to the next one being less stressful. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
If the Rams run on that last play, they win. We lucked out on stupid play-calling, same story in Houston (Schaub should have never thrown at Sherman).

Teams won't be that stupid in the playoffs.

Winterfell

Reaction score
The bright side was we didn't commit any turnovers. But yeah, it's amazing we're still winning games despite a bottom-tier offensive line (production-wise). Any other team would be suffering a 4 game losing streak, it's just a testament to how much talent and depth we have on the rest of the team to be able to squeeze out wins even though we're losing in the trenches.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Every game in St. Louis during last decade's Seahawks dominance was just like this and caused just as much discontent among the fanbase. Hell, 2007's Seahawks needed a goal line stand against the Rams backup QB to escape with a 24-19 victory. So really, this means we're legit :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":3809sapg said:
Oh, and one more thing. I just love when fans (not naming names) get on their high horses insinuating that they are better fans than those who show displeasure over poor performance. As if you can only be a true diehard fan if you praise the team and are thankful for the record. Come on.

Yea, thats a mighty big issue on this board. I've just never been one to sugar coat things just call it what it is, an awesome 7-1 record with tons of things to fix.

keasley45

Reaction score
Natethegreat":25qxt3wx said:
Bottom line is the Rams defense has had our number the last two years home and away. They are just a bad match up for us and they will probably give us a tough game at home as well. I am so glad they had their back up QB in tonight. I don't think we win otherwise but maybe I'm wrong.

I know they match up well but i felt that excuse was a cop-out last year and i feel the same way now. Championship teams arent just skilled, they are smart. They pummel their opponents when they outmatch them and scheme to beat them when they dont. We get the crap beat out of us (on offense) when the opposing team isnt intimidated and exhibits skill. The playcalling lacks intelligence, thats why it was tough. We got out-coached (on o)and that contributed to our d being on the field ALL game and our O doing nothing. No way the Rams should have been in position to win. No way.

And i agree. Bradford plays and i wonder if we even score 14.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I'll take a ugly win over an ugly loss any day. With that said this offense has a lot to work on with the left and right tackles out and Wilson taking a beating. I hope the team plans on rushing a bunch next week, time to remember you have a top 5 running back and an O-line that run blocks a lot better than pass blocks right now.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":190so0df said:
Aros":190so0df said:

Yea, thats a mighty big issue on this board. I've just never been one to sugar coat things just call it what it is, an awesome 7-1 record with tons of things to fix.

Another big issue on this board is ridiculous overreactions, both positive and negative.

It's never just "Man, the O-line was bad. They've GOT to get that fixed." It's always "We're a mediocre team and we suck and everything sucks and everyone's got us figured out and the sky is now in the basement and and and and..."

And then if the next games goes better, it's never "That was much improved O-line play. Glad to see the coaches trying something new that works." Instead, it's "SB bound, baby! How badly do you think we're going to beat next week's opponent? By 30? Maybe 40? Why aren't we scoring 50 yet?!?!"

It's like there's this deeply ingrained inability to step back and see the season as a whole, or even as several larger parts. It's always this knee-jerk, short-sighted overreaction from game to game.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Aros":2g5jd5og said:
Agreed!

A better fan would would show displeasure over fans like that!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":2uv0u0ei said:

I totally agree. I'm a shitty fan for thinking we're trying to murder our QB and Superbowl chances by atrocious OL play and running Read Option plays on the goal line instead of handing the ball to the single most physical and brutal RB in the game. :sarcasm_off:

This is the 2nd week in a row where we've totally abandoned the handoff to Lynch at the 1 yard line. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch thugs Bevell in the shower this week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks46":2jogsybi said:
Aros":2jogsybi said:

I totally agree. I'm a shitty fan for thinking we're trying to murder our QB and Superbowl chances by atrocious OL play and running Read Option plays on the goal line instead of handing the ball to the single most physical and brutal RB in the game. :sarcasm_off:

This is the 2nd week in a row where we've totally abandoned the handoff to Lynch at the 1 yard line. I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch thugs Bevell in the shower this week.
I don't want that, but maybe Lynch can give him a Melvin/Wedgie. :th2thumbs:

v1rotv2

Reaction score
What I saw tonight was a Mora era performance. And that my fellow Seahawks fans is as low as I can get without being in the Shack.

So now I guess I'm a bad fan. From PC on down they should be looking ashamed. I thought we were past this. Just be ready for the 9'er trolls.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2vngigjq said:
There's displeasure and then there's plain stupidity. And I can't recall seeing anyone saying they weren't true fans. Come on.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Abysmal is being too kind when describing our guys performance tonight. We had a great chance to really showcase ourselves on national TV again, but just feel flat on our faces and got the whole nation to question whether or not we are an elite. Just very much embarrassed tonight by our effort.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
I'm not one to complain about officiating, but that was bad. I was at the game, so I'll want to re-watch, but the refs were way to big a part of this game. There were a couple drives on both sides of the ball where 3 penalties were called in a row on subsequent plays.

On top of that the Ed Jones dome is a real dud!

Latest posts