How about some GIFs

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Gawd, football can't get here fast enough. Maybe some favorite plays from the past season to help pass the time...

Earl Thomas -"The Chop"

earlkarate.0.gif

Irresistible force meets immovable object:

H5x3AKe

Blocked punt and Cooper Helfet suplex:

Cardinals0

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":aannj8hl said:

One of the greatest plays I have seen in my life. As a kid growing up playing defense, this is the kind of play you dream about making someday: knocking the ball away for a touchback when it is an inch away from passing the goal line.

When Earl Thomas is inducted into Canton, I hope this is one of the first clips they show of him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2n1vctgu said:
SnoCoHawk":2n1vctgu said:

One of the greatest plays I have seen in my life. As a kid growing up playing defense, this is the kind of play you dream about making someday: knocking the ball away for a touchback when it is an inch away from passing the goal line.

When Earl Thomas is inducted into Canton, I hope this is one of the first clips they show of him.

I agree, it's not just that he makes the defensive play it's the instinct to knock the ball through the endzone for the touchback that makes it truly awesome.

drdiags

Reaction score
How does that Packer Safety not at least knock down that pass to Willson. Fate definitely was smiling on the Seahawks that day. KO recovery, Packer DB laying down after his interception due to Peppers thinking it made sense. Amazing game with some big swing in emotions.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Can't not watch these clips without chills. So much amazingness. :retard_clap:

Riley12

Reaction score
drdiags":15743ptg said:
How does that Packer Safety not at least knock down that pass to Willson. Fate definitely was smiling on the Seahawks that day. KO recovery, Packer DB laying down after his interception due to Peppers thinking it made sense. Amazing game with some big swing in emotions.

A Packer fan that I work with linked me to an article a long time ago that broke down (in a Packer-centric way) all of the things that not only went wrong for them, but had to go wrong in exactly the way they happened, for the Packers to lose the way that they did. Fate wasn't just smiling on the Seahawks that day - it had something in her mouth and something cupped in her hands at the same time.

Popcorn - I'm talking about popcorn, of course. A nice big handful of popcorn, some of which Fate also had in her mouth.

253hawk

Reaction score
If you look at the flag in the background right before Russ throws it, you can see it billowing towards the end zone (it's way more noticeable in video form without all of the lost frames.) And that's practically on the ground. That ball was way up in the air, caught some of that wind and just carried with a weird trajectory due to the initial angle of the throw, making it nearly impossible to defend. Can't really blame the DB for that one.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1iatw6ia said:
LOL, Yep
The word that repeats over and over in my mind, is the one that was uttered by the Packers head Coach McCarthy as he was walking off the field at the end of that game......UN-BELIEVEABLE! :shock:
In retrospect, I think he must have been astonished with seeing the way the Pete Carroll's Seahawks fought back for the epic win over his team.

Latest posts