How bad do I feel that Sherm got burned on game winning driv

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong here but hasn’t Sherm now given up 10 point fourth quarter leads in the owl twice? He has to be in rare air there?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
James in PA":280mwp06 said:
Sherm acted like a malcontent ass after that Patriots SB. He ran himself out of town. Then he admittedly, to be spiteful, signs with a division rival. Maybe time will heal wounds someday but right now both he and Earl can suck it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree 100%.
And keep in mind that was Sammy Watkins that burned Sherm for the go ahead. Sammy Watkins ain't Tyreek Hill in terms of speed.

xray

Reaction score
brimsalabim":19meoy2g said:
Correct me if I am wrong here but hasn’t Sherm now given up 10 point fourth quarter leads in the owl twice? He has to be in rare air there?
correct,,,the Sherman led Hawks couldn't hold off NE either .

TreeRon

Reaction score
My thought was that he critisized Wilson for throwing 5 picks but Wilson ultimately helped win that game. In the end if RW was the 49ers QB, he more than likely, would have won last nights game. He would have made the throws.
So chew on that Sherm.

classicaaron

Reaction score
it was the greatest moment of the game for me. so happy he didn't win another one. I just couldn't stand the image of him running his mouth, and yes I hated when he ran his mouth with Seattle. he deserved another 4th quarter defensive meltdown more than anyone else on this planet.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3e6lrzn0 said:

Damn it I was just going to post this today.

Shannahan too as an OC obviously.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Ok think of this, next NFCCG, DK Metcalf beats Sherman on a jump ball in the end zone to seal the game for the Hawks. Then in the post game interviews DK declares, “ that’s what you get when you try me with a sorry ass corner like Sherman!”. That would be some circle of life stuff right there!

Maulbert

Reaction score
BubbaGump":272u8cs6 said:
Ok think of this, next NFCCG, DK Metcalf beats Sherman on a jump ball in the end zone to seal the game for the Hawks. Then in the post game interviews DK declares, “ that’s what you get when you try me with a sorry ass corner like Sherman!”. That would be some circle of life stuff right there!

DK has shown way to much maturity to pull that. The number of times I saw that dude brush off guys trying to needle last season, I'm just impressed. I've never seen a rookie handle it that well (save for maybe Russ in 2012).

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
BubbaGump":vdub69gj said:
As much as I’d like to see the Hawks against the Niners in the championship round, the Niners got very lucky they did not sustain any high number of injuries.

Usually teams don’t go year and year out without injuries.

I don’t see the Niners getting lucky again next year with healthy bodies.

TAB420

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2scz0tiu said:
brimsalabim":2scz0tiu said:

Damn it I was just going to post this today.

Shannahan too as an OC obviously.

At least they got into the endzone. Or, the RedZone for that matter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He got owned numerous times. But that last one he got his lunch money stolen.
What a thing of beauty. Almost as pretty as not hearing his big mouth tell us all how great he is.
Loved him as a Hawk and will celebrate him AFTER he retires. Glad he's gone and seeing him lose and get toasted was a blast.
Off the field non-football Sherm is a good guy. But he wore out his welcome, big time.

94Smith

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":qx83rctf said:
BubbaGump":qx83rctf said:
As much as I’d like to see the Hawks against the Niners in the championship round, the Niners got very lucky they did not sustain any high number of injuries.

Hah! You do realize how many injuries we had this year? Guys got healthy during the playoffs, but there were a lot of injuries throughout the year. We just had great depth.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, when you guys got that pick with 12 minutes left, I thought it was over. You had one hell of a season, seriously. The play calling in the 1st half was impressive, just not sure why he went away from the run.
When I saw the standard group selfie thing with 12 minutes left I had a feeling they were about to choke that lead. Nothing more lame (and many teams do it) than those celebrations WAY before the game is won.

olyfan63

Reaction score
94Smith":kc0wldjo said:
TheLegendOfBoom":kc0wldjo said:
BubbaGump":kc0wldjo said:

Hah! You do realize how many injuries we had this year? Guys got healthy during the playoffs, but there were a lot of injuries throughout the year. We just had great depth.

Stop speaking truth here Smith, it causes nothing but trouble! I was just hoping the Hawks would see the Niner JV defense for Week 17, but that didn't really fully work out, most key SF D guys were back.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
olyfan63":1ir32497 said:
94Smith":1ir32497 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1ir32497 said:
BubbaGump":1ir32497 said:

Stop speaking truth here Smith, it causes nothing but trouble! I was just hoping the Hawks would see the Niner JV defense for Week 17, but that didn't really fully work out, most key SF D guys were back.
And yet we came within inches with our hobbled O of beating them again. :stirthepot: