How do you feel now about Kam Chancellor's Extension

How do you feel about Kam Chancellor's 3 year 36 Million contract extension now?

• I love it! Kam is the leader of defense.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am starting to have my doubts about it.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I would have rather seen Kam play out his contract this year and then decide in the off season.

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I hate it, I knew it was a bad idea. You should never pay players based on their past performance i

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters

zchurch74

Reaction score
He is out for the rest of the season but that doesn’t change my thought of him. He is the leader of this defense. Not another guy out there that I would rather have on this team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":2u2uu1ed said:
I think this signing went from a

Why would you sign an aging vet to an extension before you have to?

To

A lesson on why you don’t sign an aging vet to an exit in before you have to.
Only in your mind. :roll:
If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hated it then, hate it now. We should have let him ride out on the final year. He is still a great safety, I just seriously questioned his longevity. I also assumed he would miss games this year. Ding fries are done.

I say this and I actually love Kam, I even have his jersey.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":ohoam8vl said:
edogg23":ohoam8vl said:

To

If you don't show appreciation for your star players that play without reservations, that RISK their health (Kenny Easley), then you send the WRONG message across the League, and then good luck getting anyone else to even consider playing and leaving it all on the line for the Seattle 'cheapskates' Seahawks.

Tell that to the Patriots, who have routinely cast aside loyalty for championships

ducks41468

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1th3s9fm said:
scutterhawk":1th3s9fm said:
edogg23":1th3s9fm said:

To

Tell that to the Patriots, who have routinely cast aside loyalty for championships

I keep seeing this argument being made about the Pats, but it's a lot easier to look good with this type of strategy (or really any strategy) when you have the best QB and coach of all time. We see examples of this across all sports, whether it's the Colts with Manning, the Heat with the Big 3, etc, where once the key players leave all of a sudden those who are left aren't the geniuses everyone thought they were.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":251nh6he said:
scutterhawk":251nh6he said:
edogg23":251nh6he said:

To

Is this the actual Patriots who went like a decade between Super Bowl wins, or the pretend Patriots who win the Super Bowl like all the time? Because I keep hearing about the second one but they don't seem to exist.

adeltaY

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1p76m3n1 said:
Is this the actual Patriots who went like a decade between Super Bowl wins, or the pretend Patriots who win the Super Bowl like all the time? Because I keep hearing about the second one but they don't seem to exist.

They've been to 7 out of the last 16 superbowls and won five. Also 11 of the last 16 AFC championship games. That's so far beyond what any other team has accomplished there's no point trying to denigrate it. In the same timespan, our team has been to three superbowls and won one. We have been to three NFC championships in that timeframe.

No one is saying that the Patriots are "won every superbowl possible" perfect, but the gap between them and the rest of the league is vast.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3u1ia9np said:
bmorepunk":3u1ia9np said:

They've been to 7 out of the last 16 superbowls and won five. Also 11 of the last 16 AFC championship games. That's so far beyond what any other team has accomplished there's no point trying to denigrate it. In the same timespan, our team has been to three superbowls and won one. We have been to three NFC championships in that timeframe.

No one is saying that the Patriots are "won every superbowl possible" perfect, but the gap between them and the rest of the league is vast.

They've won a Super Bowl in less than 1/3rd of the seasons during the Brady/Belichick combo. They haven't won a Super Bowl in over 2/3rds of those seasons. They went nearly 10 years without winning one.

They are that much better than everyone else on average. But they haven't been as successful as they keep being made out to be in this forum. If everything they do is so right all of the time, how come they aren't more successful, particularly with the Brady/Belechick combo? Not everything they do is some amazing formula or process that other teams should copy.

There's a lot of complaining here about how if the Seahawks did this one thing or this other thing (often copying the Patriots) that somehow they'd just win another Super Bowl. But if Belechick and Brady couldn't do it for nearly a decade, how magical are these things, really?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2e5mzua3 said:
scutterhawk":2e5mzua3 said:
edogg23":2e5mzua3 said:

To

Why would I give a shit about telling UNETHICAL BASTARDS anything?

kobebryant

Reaction score
I always like to see guys get that money. So, liked the deal then and like it now.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/932119524689764353[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SMBLOB/status/932115117453410304[/tweet]

zchurch74

Reaction score
I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

Kam is very vital part of our defense. He is the original Boom in the LOB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":224w5p4a said:
I don’t understand all of you to say it was a mistake to re-sign him. But then in another post you were so concerned that we are going to lose without him this week and the rest of the season.

On one hand you’re saying we shouldn’t of signed him in we don’t need him. On the other hand you’re saying the season is now over because he’s hurt. Which one is it?

^^THIS^^ I too am one who believes in rewarding all out effort.
There are some players who hold nothing back, going balls out on every play, and risk their everything.
Kam Chancellor is an ALPHA WARRIOR.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hard to resist.

Attachments

• vitamin-rich-alphabet-soup-featuring-vitamin-d-22860010.jpg
    vitamin-rich-alphabet-soup-featuring-vitamin-d-22860010.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 4,388

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
zchurch74":ftxz736f said:

Exactly.

People just criticized Kam because they felt he was keeping us from another good offensive lineman. It was never about how well Kam himself was actually performing.

massari

Reaction score
zchurch74":2l0quoj7 said:

I'm guessing because the Seahawks would've gotten a draft pick(s) for him and freed up cap room?

Was sorta on the fence about keeping Kam even though I was leaning slightly more towards preferring to keep him. Think they could've gotten a pretty big return and gotten a lot younger, or let him walk after the season collecting a 3rd comp pick and cap room if they felt he was declining. The Seahawks also apparently graded SS Delano Hill a 1st or 2nd round grade, so they might have a viable replacement already.

Am still certain I would've dealt Bennett, Sherman, Avril and let Graham go though...

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":2p8r6p2h said:
zchurch74":2p8r6p2h said:

I'm guessing because the Seahawks would've gotten a draft pick(s) for him and freed up cap room?

Was sorta on the fence about keeping Kam even though I was leaning slightly more towards preferring to keep him. Think they could've gotten a pretty big return and gotten a lot younger, or let him walk after the season collecting a 3rd comp pick and cap room if they felt he was declining. The Seahawks also apparently graded SS Delano Hill a 1st or 2nd round grade, so they might have a viable replacement already.

Am still certain I would've dealt Bennett, Sherman, Avril and let Graham go though...

Who does Madden say we can get for dumping everyone all at once.

As far as resigning, I was of the mind he has been dinged, love the player and his heart but that's the time you try and trade when he is healthy again. After second contract you really have to look at the mileage on a player and how much punishment they take every game. Defenders are in collisions pretty much every play either in a tackle or getting blocked.